67. You may not vote on this poll
  • La Grange

30 44.78%
  • WOS

37 55.22%
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    All-American

Quote Originally Posted by griff View Post
    Nah, what we see is some of you region 4 guys (LG was region 4 before this year), like yourself, and many others on the downlow really don't much about WO-S...meaning you haven't seen us play THIS year or in most past years, either. You were the one who initially picked Giddings to score 49 against WO-S!!! Not...a...clue. Also, Richmond Foster plays in 5A D1, so to be out in their classification is not the same as being one and out in 4A D2. If they were in our classification, they would still be playing. If you SAW them play, you would think differently. You have to look beyond your region, bud. I've watched film of LG and was in attendance at the HJ game yesterday. I know what WO-S is facing. Go ahead and throw some point spread on the wall again and see if it sticks. Or, educate yourself and see some film on RF and WO-S. If you still feel the same, then enjoy staying warm and comfortable in your little corner tucked away 20 miles south of Giddings.
    Like I said you guys don't know much about teams not in your little golden triangle corner of Texas.
    HJ couldn't stop Dobbins so no need to go to anyone else. Like PapaFeel Good says the Leps have more than just Dobbins. Our O line dominated after the first quarter yesterday and our defense shut HJ down after the half. WOS beats up on an overrated La Marque team and suddenly they're the bomb. Orangefield could have beaten LaMarque.
    WOS has one thing on LG we haven't lost to any great teams 3A or 5a we just stumbled along to 13-0.
    Last edited by Pudlugger; 11-29-2014 at 12:50 PM.

Practice Squad

#5 did have a 30 yard plus TD run. He also had a long kickoff return in the second half. Correct he didn't have that many touches or his usual yards but you still have to account for him. He is a threat and can go house anytime.

All-American

I can't wait to see WOS pooch kick away from #5 or #22 like HJ did all day. The one time HJ kicked deep(from their 25 due to personal foul on PAT) Hutchison almost took it to the house after 50 yard return. If WOS trusts their special team's defense they should kick it deep.

Practice Squad

Correct Pud this game may come down to who wins the special teams battle. Pooch it and give us a short field or kick it deep and take their chances. What's a stang to do? Maybe Griff or WOS can share some special team insight. What's their punter like? Does he average more than 15yds per punt or are they equal to HJs punt team. I'm sure with their speed they have a return threat or two or three. Which teams kick coverage can cover?

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by PappaFeelGood View Post
    Correct Pud this game may come down to who wins the special teams battle. Pooch it and give us a short field or kick it deep and take their chances. What's a stang to do? Maybe Griff or WOS can share some special team insight. What's their punter like? Does he average more than 15yds per punt or are they equal to HJs punt team. I'm sure with their speed they have a return threat or two or three. Which teams kick coverage can cover?
    I think it's funny that you guys are thumping your chest over speed... We wrote the book on it... You may have the fastest individual on the field. You WILL NOT have the fastest team... You are about to find out what real TEAM speed is all about.

We are not afraid of kicking deep, returning punts or whatever you guys want to do. You DONT want a track meet. You got 2 guys that can go. We have a whole team...

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by WOS1 View Post
    I think it's funny that you guys are thumping your chest over speed... We wrote the book on it... You may have the fastest individual on the field. You WILL NOT have the fastest team... You are about to find out what real TEAM speed is all about.

We are not afraid of kicking deep, returning punts or whatever you guys want to do. You DONT want a track meet. You got 2 guys that can go. We have a whole team...
    You're right WOS1, LG has two fast guys and 9 Umpa Lumpas. It will be a slaughter. /s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZhs7w-FzeI

Letterman

So what ever team wins this game would it be a upset or not

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by griff View Post
    We've seen this comment made more than once, but after watching the LG/HJ game yesterday, Dobbins must have touched the ball 80-90% of every snap. They threw the ball maybe five times, right? #5 had very few touches. I don't doubt that #5 is a good back, but yesterday's game was FAR from spreading the wealth among the "other guys."
    I would have to agree with you on this comment, without Dobbins we would be done. Like I said on another thread , WOS needs to put two players on Dobbins and make Hutchinson beat you. The question is , can Hutchinson step up and rise to the occasion . LG will not win throwing the ball a lot, bottom line Dobbins is a beast. Dobbins is just that good and only a sophomore .

Junior Varsity

I have seen both play this year RF and La Grange. Foster would beat LG. With that said WO by 10pts.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Dogs_21 View Post
    I have seen both play this year RF and La Grange. Foster would beat LG. With that said WO by 10pts.
    Wow then I'm really glad we're not playing Richmand Foster! We'll just have to take our chances on WOS.
    Hook, you seem to forget football is a team sport. without the support of those other 10 players Dobbins would not be the star player he is. I'm certain that he knows that and appreciates the work they all put in together as a team. Go Leps 35-28.

Letterman

If that was the case with RF look at what LG did to orange field 49/7 and WOS beat OF 42/14

Letterman

LG is ranked higher than WOS so would it be a upset if WOS wins

All-American

Rankings go out the window for this game. Leps just need to play their best game of the season and they will win. No turnovers, limit penalties and control the LOS. Defense needs to pressure the Qb and the secondary must keep up with their fast receivers. Special teams need to turn in another excellent performance. Kates has purposely not shown much of our offense in the playoffs up to this point. There is more and we will see that Friday. This is crunch time folks. We are fighting on a ledge. Make a mistake and we fall. Go Leps! 35-28

All-American

Leps are Home team according to a SETX post.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Pudlugger View Post
    Wow then I'm really glad we're not playing Richmand Foster! We'll just have to take our chances on WOS.
    Hook, you seem to forget football is a team sport. without the support of those other 10 players Dobbins would not be the star player he is. I'm certain that he knows that and appreciates the work they all put in together as a team. Go Leps 35-28.
    Pud I understand all about the aspect of football being team sport, just stating the fact at the high school level and more so from 4 A down that normally a team that wins state has one player or two that the team cannot win without them, Dobbins is that player this year. Tye Gunn was that player.