67. You may not vote on this poll
  • La Grange

30 44.78%
  • WOS

37 55.22%
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920
    All-District

I don't toot El Campo's horn.

I said we would beat La Grange in 2012 and we did. You and Pud were crybabies about it afterward. I actually predicted that we would lose to Carthage and was wrong.

I said last year, from the beginning, that is was a down year for all El Campo. We lost our top 3 RB's and got hammered by La Grange. Not surprising.

I said this year we would lose to Navasota.

As far as the "win something" comment, what has La Grange done over the same 3 year period?

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by hookandladder View Post
    Do not feel your birds were much better then last year, a little but not much. It's ok keep digging, you still the same old troll. You would think for being one of the largest enrollment wise for now 4A , EC would just roll every year and definitely in Region 4 like last year. Every since EC dropped down you have been on here tooting your horn, man win something before start talking all kinds of noise. Lol
    No, every since EC dropped down,you've been whining about our enrollment numbers and taking your little cheap shots at the Birds. As far as class, I'll save mine for those on the board that have some of their own. You are one of those that can dish it out but can't handle it when it comes back at you.

Stink on stink , low man wins = Ricebird football.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by speedbump View Post
    No, every since EC dropped down,you've been whining about our enrollment numbers and taking your little cheap shots at the Birds. As far as class, I'll save mine for those on the board that have some of their own. You are one of those that can dish it out but can't handle it when it comes back at you.
    You stay classy bump, you another one that definitely knows it all. You must have played or coach some ball some where, no one could have all that knowledge and be just an armchair coach. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Weebe View Post
    Went right over your head didn't it? Let me help you out with the source of my post.
    Lol got em

NM... accidental double post

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by WOS92 View Post
    NM... accidental double post
    Ha, that's actually a triple post...lol

That's what I get for not reading the whole thread!

All-American

I didn't see this game having many points on either end, but I think I did call that the WOS defense would be too much. Maybe we matched up a little better with WOS, because they basically scored 27 points on us till the late 4th qtr int return inside the ten. I thought that LG's defense could hold this game closer.

Bottom line, defense wins championships, and WOS has a really good defense.
    GO BUFFS!

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by buff4ever View Post
    I didn't see this game having many points on either end, but I think I did call that the WOS defense would be too much. Maybe we matched up a little better with WOS, because they basically scored 27 points on us till the late 4th qtr int return inside the ten. I thought that LG's defense could hold this game closer.

Bottom line, defense wins championships, and WOS has a really good defense.
    The Buffs had more team speed than LG which made for a better match up. Also, LG tried to cover our receivers man to man on the outside (big mistake), which allowed us to score quickly and, pretty much, end the game in the first half.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by WOS1 View Post
    The Buffs had more team speed than LG which made for a better match up. Also, LG tried to cover our receivers man to man on the outside (big mistake), which allowed us to score quickly and, pretty much, end the game in the first half.
    From what I saw we played very soft man to man on your WR's, huge mismatch. Also this was my first game to see the Leps and I was somewhat surprised to see we had no passing game to speak of, you have to have at least a serviceable QB to make a long run in the playoffs. Not knocking our QB's however it is very hard to run the ball even with the talent we had at RB without some type of passing game, hopefully next year our young QB steps up to take some pressure off Dobbins. Just FYI- Dobbins injury is a sprained MCL, should be fine without surgery.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by hookandladder View Post
    From what I saw we played very soft man to man on your WR's, huge mismatch. Also this was my first game to see the Leps and I was somewhat surprised to see we had no passing game to speak of, you have to have at least a serviceable QB to make a long run in the playoffs. Not knocking our QB's however it is very hard to run the ball even with the talent we had at RB without some type of passing game, hopefully next year our young QB steps up to take some pressure off Dobbins. Just FYI- Dobbins injury is a sprained MCL, should be fine without surgery.
    Thats great news about Dobbins. Hated to see him injured. He will bounce back.

As for the passing game, I tried telling Pappafeelgood and Pud that there was a big difference between passing when everything was working and passing when nothing else did... I also told them that, because of what I just said, if a team could contain Dobbins, then LG would be in trouble. Pappa told me I was smoking something... I told him it was "reality weed"

All-American

There is truth to what both of you have said, about LG's passing game, and a passing game when run is working or not. But Hook, you also need to realize the talent of the WOS defensive backs. It is very hard to complete passes to covered receivers in high school. It is typically easy to get open in high school, but the WOS d-backs are very good.
    GO BUFFS!

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by buff4ever View Post
    There is truth to what both of you have said, about LG's passing game, and a passing game when run is working or not. But Hook, you also need to realize the talent of the WOS defensive backs. It is very hard to complete passes to covered receivers in high school. It is typically easy to get open in high school, but the WOS d-backs are very good.
    O trust me I understand about the talent WOS had at DB, we have faced this same problem in our deep runs in the playoffs. Carthage gave us the same mismatches the last few years, when we won State we matched up a little better as a team in our last two games. When you face D1 talent in the secondary you better have some pretty solid WR's to offset that mismatch, this year we neither. Not knocking the team, just the facts. Most all knew if LG could not run the ball, WOS would have the upper hand. That definitely was the case, I see WOS and Gilmer at Jerry World.