67. You may not vote on this poll
  • La Grange

30 44.78%
  • WOS

37 55.22%
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Leopardfan201 View Post
    Ya beat Giddings by 20 we beat them by 17. I say this is going to be a close game, 2 of the best teams in region 3 meet finally
    I can agree with that!

Practice Squad

14 pts against Giddings came in 4th quarter late with a lot of if not all 2nd string players on the field. Also
    The rivalry against the Buffs is always competitive as these towns are 20 miles apart.

HJ is a very good team and #7 is a athlete. Once LG corrected mistakes it was a different ball game.

They don't get easier also all previous games and scores don't matter what will matter is the score in this game.
    LEPS by 7.

All-American

The Leps came out flat and made some mental mistakes in the first quarter but came alive with 5 minutes left in the first half to narrow the score to 21-14. In the third quarter they were on fire and shut down the slot-t with the two big Hawk rbs. Our O line reclaimed the LOS and made some key downfield blocks to free up Dobbins to do his magic. We didn't catch a break the whole game and made some mistakes that really hurt us. A fumble after a good reception recovered by HJ in the first quarter then a fumbled punt return recovered by LG called dead when the Video Scoreboard replay clearly showed the ball was coming out before he was down, then a fumble recovery by LG on a 3th down stop called back because of a facemask penalty. If we clean it up next week we should be able to get by WOS but must play a more efficient game.

Practice Squad

Is lg pass defense any better then last year

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by bansheefan03 View Post
    Yes much better. More height and speed in all positions.
    Last edited by Pudlugger; 11-29-2014 at 09:30 AM.

All-American

I don't know, guys. Sounding like a bunch of excuses going on. This time of year you have to rise to another level. I feel WOS did that last night. To hold LM to no points and no trips past the 50 is incredible.

I said a couple weeks ago that if a team is able to solve the Dobbins riddle, LG is in trouble. I feel if there is a team left that might be able to do this, it's WOS. Not saying we can, he may go for 200. I'm just telling you. I've been involved in enough games where you are running thru people and look and feel unstoppable until you run into that team that can match up and then the sky falls...

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by bansheefan03 View Post
    We will soon see.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by WOS1 View Post
    I don't know, guys. Sounding like a bunch of excuses going on. This time of year you have to rise to another level. I feel WOS did that last night. To hold LM to no points and no trips past the 50 is incredible.

I said a couple weeks ago that if a team is able to solve the Dobbins riddle, LG is in trouble. I feel if there is a team left that might be able to do this, it's WOS. Not saying we can, he may go for 200. I'm just telling you. I've been involved in enough games where you are running thru people and look and feel unstoppable until you run into that team that can match up and then the sky falls...
    That could just as well be WOS that runs up into a team that can match up. WOS is beatable we know that. No one yet has beaten the Leps and they don't plan on letting the Stangs run over them. The Leps play up to the opposition. They will step up a notch or two next Friday wait and see.

Junior Varsity

I go with the Mustangs in this one

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by bird_fan View Post
    I go with the Mustangs in this one
    Of course you do. We will disimbue you of this notion Friday night. Leps by 7.

Letterman

Quote Originally Posted by Pudlugger View Post
    That could just as well be WOS that runs up into a team that can match up. WOS is beatable we know that. No one yet has beaten the Leps and they don't plan on letting the Stangs run over them. The Leps play up to the opposition. They will step up a notch or two next Friday wait and see.
    The difference in this comparison is that WO-S has ALREADY faced a team that matched up to them. Two of them, in fact - Newton and Richmond Foster. LaGrange has not...yet. The Newton loss looked bad at the time, but we see now that Newton is now playing to their potential and will likely win state in their classification. WO-S lost to 5A D1 Richmond Foster in the preseason. We went to to toe with them (lost 17-14), but their defense was a buzz saw and better than ANY defense we will see in 4A D2. Our sophomore QB was put through the fire, but that one game sped up his growth as our field general. Our tough schedule has helped to prepare us for where we are now and hopefully beyond. Based on LaGrange's schedule, they haven't played a team like RF or WO-S. Giddings doesn't fit the bill for this comparison. They are not as good as either RF or Newton. WO-S strength of schedule has been rated #3 in 4A D2.

The interesting match up within the WO-S/LG game will be Dobbins vs. the overall team defensive speed of WO-S. We are a completely different style of team than HJ.

All-American

I guess you South East Texas boys don't notice much about football teams west of I 35 but you have overlooked the convincing wins of LG over La Vernia (10-2 ranked 10th in 4a DI) and Liberty Hill (10-2 playing Rockport Fulton in round three today and ranked 8th in 4a DI). Also losing to quality opponents is no huge accomplishment. Try beating some and I'll be impressed. RF was one and done btw.

Practice Squad

Good luck on the Dobbins riddle WOS1. WOS would be the only to solve that riddle this year. Should he go for 200 yds plus WOS will be with their backs to the wall. Yes 22 is a big part of our offense but there are other offensive weapons to contend with. Should be a great game and one that will be talked about for years to come.

Letterman

Quote Originally Posted by Pudlugger View Post
    I guess you South East Texas boys don't notice much about football teams west of I 35 but you have overlooked the convincing wins of LG over La Vernia (10-2 ranked 10th in 4a DI) and Liberty Hill (10-2 playing Rockport Fulton in round three today and ranked 8th in 4a DI). Also losing to quality opponents is no huge accomplishment. Try beating some and I'll be impressed. RF was one and done btw.
    Nah, what we see is some of you region 4 guys (LG was region 4 before this year), like yourself, and many others on the downlow really don't much about WO-S...meaning you haven't seen us play THIS year or in most past years, either. You were the one who initially picked Giddings to score 49 against WO-S!!! Not...a...clue. Also, Richmond Foster plays in 5A D1, so to be out in their classification is not the same as being one and out in 4A D2. If they were in our classification, they would still be playing. If you SAW them play, you would think differently. You have to look beyond your region, bud. I've watched film of LG and was in attendance at the HJ game yesterday. I know what WO-S is facing. Go ahead and throw some point spread on the wall again and see if it sticks. Or, educate yourself and see some film on RF and WO-S. If you still feel the same, then enjoy staying warm and comfortable in your little corner tucked away 20 miles south of Giddings.

Letterman

Quote Originally Posted by PappaFeelGood View Post
    Good luck on the Dobbins riddle WOS1. WOS would be the only to solve that riddle this year. Should he go for 200 yds plus WOS will be with their backs to the wall. Yes 22 is a big part of our offense but there are other offensive weapons to contend with. Should be a great game and one that will be talked about for years to come.
    We've seen this comment made more than once, but after watching the LG/HJ game yesterday, Dobbins must have touched the ball 80-90% of every snap. They threw the ball maybe five times, right? #5 had very few touches. I don't doubt that #5 is a good back, but yesterday's game was FAR from spreading the wealth among the "other guys."