67. You may not vote on this poll
  • La Grange

30 44.78%
  • WOS

37 55.22%
Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    All-American

Quote Originally Posted by hookandladder View Post
    No doubt, you have to try and take away what the other team does best or it's best player in this case. I am interested if LG will try different ways to get the ball in Dobbins hands other then at QB, hard to go away from what has been working all year. Will the Sophomore continue to play with confidence and not get rattled in the big game, I am guessing he will step it up a notch this week. Look for a lot of 22 with the ball, which will be no surprise to anyone. Looking forward to a great game, first playoff game of the year for me. Leps by a TD.
    Hook I have a good feeling about this game. The Leps had a scare last week from their slow start. This matchup is better for the Leps style of defense and this team knows it can come from behind and win. Much more confidence going into this game than last week. Kates will have them ready and biting at the bit Friday night.

Practice Squad

Quote Originally Posted by hookandladder View Post
    No doubt, you have to try and take away what the other team does best or it's best player in this case. I am interested if LG will try different ways to get the ball in Dobbins hands other then at QB, hard to go away from what has been working all year. Will the Sophomore continue to play with confidence and not get rattled in the big game, I am guessing he will step it up a notch this week. Look for a lot of 22 with the ball, which will be no surprise to anyone. Looking forward to a great game, first playoff game of the year for me. Leps by a TD.
    Hook it will be real interesting to see what the Leps do game plan wise on Friday night. They have always followed a not so good game with a very well executed game. I expect no different this week. Hutchinson as well followed a not so good game with a great game. WOS started of slow against LM last week scoring only 7pts in the first half. The Giddings game also a slow start for WOS. Early 3rd Q Buffs tied it at 14. If they start slow this week it will be a long night for the stangs, as we know the leps can strike quick and often and lep defense will not lay down. It'll be good to see you at the game this week.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Pudlugger View Post
    Hook I have a good feeling about this game. The Leps had a scare last week from their slow start. This matchup is better for the Leps style of defense and this team knows it can come from behind and win. Much more confidence going into this game than last week. Kates will have them ready and biting at the bit Friday night.
    Better for the Leps style of defense??? You know we have a better offense and run the same offense as Giddings, the team you gave up 39 points to and more speed all over the field.

All-American

Too bad they didn't film the second half where we outscored HJ 22-7. HJ was a very big physical football team with some excellent athletes and much better overall as a team than LaMarque. They came out fast and hot and caught the Leps flat footed and went up 21-14. In that film you would have seen our O line knocking guys including big #7 down and paving the way for Hutch and Dobbins and our D line blowing up the HJ backs up the backfield. Fortunately the coaches made some key adjustments at the half and the rest is history. If we do that Friday we will be in trouble. The last time we came out flat and got behind early in the game was against Columbus in week 2. We came back in the second half to win 29-6. But the thing is the next week we played one of the best games of the season against La Vernia winning 34-22. If we rebound like that again this week look out WOS. I feel like the Leps got the butterflies out in the HJ game and proved they can rise up to the level of competition and come back for the win. Now they need to start fast and jump out early to take control of this big game Friday. I agree with most that this will be a close one possession type game Go Leps 35-28.
    How do you know that HJ is a better overall team than LM????? Because that is who the Leps played????? lololol. Your homerism has no limit, does it, Pud? I think we WOS folks would be a better judge of which team is better since WE"VE PLAYED BOTH. Of course, we were up on HJ 42-14 when it mattered and beat LM 34-0. I think a game between the two would be tight. Yes we shut LM out but we are playing our best football right now.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by WOS1 View Post
    Better for the Leps style of defense??? You know we have a better offense and run the same offense as Giddings, the team you gave up 39 points to and more speed all over the field.
    Keep hanging your hat of the Giddings game. We wont have our 2 and 3's in the game in the middle of the third quarter like we did against Giddings. This game will be a whole new ballgame.

All-American

I find it hard to believe the Leps would have MORE confidence than they did against a team we beat the brakes off of...lol

All-American

Keep hanging your hat of the Giddings game. We wont have our 2 and 3's in the game in the middle of the third quarter like we did against Giddings. This game will be a whole new ballgame.
    You can blow that smoke up someone elses rear... I saw the Giddings game, I know what happened and so do you.

All-American

How do you know that HJ is a better overall team than LM????? Because that is who the Leps played????? lololol. Your homerism has no limit, does it, Pud? I think we WOS folks would be a better judge of which team is better since WE"VE PLAYED BOTH. Of course, we were up on HJ 42-14 when it mattered and beat LM 34-0. I think a game between the two would be tight. Yes we shut LM out but we are playing our best football right now.
    Yada yada yada more mustang effluent flowing freely here.

All-American

When are you WOS posters going to start bragging on your big win over Scarborough? LG>>LM even posters from LaMarque admit that and when you look at all the data HJ>>LM. Because you say so doesn't make it so. Check all the power ratings and rankings if you don't believe it.

All-District

When are you WOS posters going to start bragging on your big win over Scarborough?
    EZ Pud, Scartissue was a playoff team. They counting them as playoff teams they played this year? I have not been keeping up on this tit for tat. Sounds like a Gilmer thread. LGFan201 would fit in fine with them Buckeyes.

I sure hope so! Wouldn't that be fun?!

Good luck and let's hope both our teams take care of business

Hello Rita, my friend! Been a long time! Looks like there is a chance we could see each other soon?

All-American

When are you WOS posters going to start bragging on your big win over Scarborough? LG>>LM even posters from LaMarque admit that and when you look at all the data HJ>>LM. Because you say so doesn't make it so. Check all the power ratings and rankings if you don't believe it.
    Where did Scarborough come from, Pud? LOL. You're bragging on your win over a "big, physical HJ team"...lol Like we haven't played them and then down playing our win... I realize that the LM team we beat was not as good as LM state championship teams of the past... I never said they were, but they weren't bad. You keep hanging your hat on that HJ win, buddy.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by pirate4state View Post
    I sure hope so! Wouldn't that be fun?!

Good luck and let's hope both our teams take care of business
    No doubt.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Snotbubbles View Post
    EZ Pud, Scartissue was a playoff team. They counting them as playoff teams they played this year? I have not been keeping up on this tit for tat. Sounds like a Gilmer thread. LGFan201 would fit in fine with them Buckeyes.
    Thanks for joining in Snot you're always a lot of fun. It's getting to be crunch time and things heat up a bit. WOS posters say they are too fast and too physical for LG and are going to stop our running game in the backfield. They say we can't pass and are a "one trick pony". They say we haven't faced a team as physical as the Mustangs. They say LH Yoakum and LV are just R4 and don't really amount to much. I tried to tell them but they wont listen . Apparently if you're not from SE Texas you're not worth a cup of warm spit. Wait till Friday win or lose they will know they played a very good football team.

All-American

Thanks for joining in Snot you're always a lot of fun. It's getting to be crunch time and things heat up a bit. WOS posters say they are too fast and too physical for LG and are going to stop our running game in the backfield. They say we can't pass and are a "one trick pony". They say we haven't faced a team as physical as the Mustangs. They say LH Yoakum and LV are just R4 and don't really amount to much. I tried to tell them but they wont listen . Apparently if you're not from SE Texas you're not worth a cup of warm spit. Wait till Friday win or lose they will know they played a very good football team.
    Poor pitiful Pud... WOS people know we are in for a war... Stop trying to be a victim.