Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    All-American
    Blog Entries

So far both defenses are looking good. The fumble by Swoopes that scored a TCU TD was huge, and gives TCU even more room to open up their offensive scheme. Texas cannot afford to allow TCU to get another TD without a TD to answer.
    Yesterdays are gone forever and tomorrows may never happen, but today you have the opportunity to make a difference.

All-American

Longhorns may be one of the worst teams in scoring points in the third quarter this season

Swoopes/Diggs...

Go frogs!
    Judge a man by his questions rather than by his answers.

-Voltaire

All-American

Longhorns got a beat down by the Frogs

No..not really..it was more the ineptitude of the UT offense... but still...it is a team sport....
    The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have..... Vince Lombardi

So tired of Swoopes. Terrible, just terrible at QB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    slpybear

Bulls, Bevo, 'Boys, & BOSOX

Quote Originally Posted by Tejastrue View Post
    No..not really..it was more the ineptitude of the UT offense... but still...it is a team sport....
    TCU had a bit to do w that.

-Voltaire

Starter

QB and offensive line are the biggest need for this team. Swoops is not the answer and Charlie might need to hit the juco route to bring in a QB who can at least give the horns better stability. Swoops is a major factor in why the offensive cooridnator has to limit the playbook as he just does not show the ability to progress through his reads , use good technique for passing, and is to slow to be a running threat. The offensive line needs more depth and size and that will come during the off season. Just not a good night for Texas, but for the Big 12 this was a good night . Having both Baylor and TCU stay with just one loss helps our conference and I am pretty sure they could compete with any team right now in the country if they played.

Quote Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
    TCU had a bit to do w that.
    Sure they did...I have always been a TCU fan since the Wacker days. Grew up in that part of the world. In a way I did not want to see TCU lose the chance for a title shot yet I would have been okay with a Longhorn win or a great showing. Obviously TCU won out on both. If the QB play would have been there for UT..this would have been a much different conversation.
    The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have..... Vince Lombardi

Quote Originally Posted by Celina8 View Post
    QB and offensive line are the biggest need for this team. Swoops is not the answer and Charlie might need to hit the juco route to bring in a QB who can at least give the horns better stability. Swoops is a major factor in why the offensive cooridnator has to limit the playbook as he just does not show the ability to progress through his reads , use good technique for passing, and is to slow to be a running threat. The offensive line needs more depth and size and that will come during the off season. Just not a good night for Texas, but for the Big 12 this was a good night . Having both Baylor and TCU stay with just one loss helps our conference and I am pretty sure they could compete with any team right now in the country if they played.
    Charlie has a big challenge in front of him. His calling card is defense and he loses about 6 big key parts to this years good defense. If recruting ranking are to be believed, UT does not have the level of talent waiting in the wings that is leaving the program - diggs, brown, hicks, Edmonds, etc. those are going to be really difficult pieces to replace.

And offensively, he simply doesn't have a QB. Swoopes may improve, but he is not the long term answer. Reports came out this year that the kid out of Denton that is RS, was way behind swoopes in his passing ability, if that's even possible. This kid coming in from NM looks good on paper, but it's most likely going to be 2016 before he's really ready.

And Charlie isn't exactly blowing people away on the recruiting trail. He is clearly lagging behind sumlin and you know Patterson and briles are going to use this years win against him.

I am clearly not a UT fan, but I like Charlie and what he stands for, however, in trying to be objective, I think you have to be concerned if you are a UT fan.

-Voltaire

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
    Charlie has a big challenge in front of him. His calling card is defense and he loses about 6 big key parts to this years good defense. If recruting ranking are to be believed, UT does not have the level of talent waiting in the wings that is leaving the program - diggs, brown, hicks, Edmonds, etc. those are going to be really difficult pieces to replace.

And offensively, he simply doesn't have a QB. Swoopes may improve, but he is not the long term answer. Reports came out this year that the kid out of Denton that is RS, was way behind swoopes in his passing ability, if that's even possible. This kid coming in from NM looks good on paper, but it's most likely going to be 2016 before he's really ready.

And Charlie isn't exactly blowing people away on the recruiting trail. He is clearly lagging behind sumlin and you know Patterson and briles are going to use this years win against him.

I am clearly not a UT fan, but I like Charlie and what he stands for, however, in trying to be objective, I think you have to be concerned if you are a UT fan.
    Yea and you know what they say about opinions , they like assholes and everybody has one. Lol

TCU loving it right now...Ole Miss up 14 on No. 4 Miss St with less than 2 min to go.

Ole Miss won.