• Stephenville

26 46.43%
  • Big Spring

22 39.29%
  • Toss up

8 14.29%
Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    All-American

After thinking about it... I'll pick Stephenville to pull another one out of their b... err, hat to win 78-72. BTW, 6 man called and want their scores back.

Quote Originally Posted by slingshot View Post
    After thinking about it... I'll pick Stephenville to pull another one out of their b... err, hat to win 78-72. BTW, 6 man called and want their scores back.
    We dont have to play good defense just good enough.
    Yellow Jacket for Life!

Quote Originally Posted by Sville View Post
    Or no defense and just have the ball last....

But seriously, I saw the first meeting between these 2 and wish I didn't have to work Friday so that I could see the rematch. Should be fun to watch.

Was at the Big Spring/Andrews game last night and that was a fun game to watch but it was clear that BS was better

LET'S KICK SHELL
    COWABUNGA

F.A.N.T.O.M. Physician and Speech Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Sville View Post
    I have read a lot of posts about Sville having a giving defense. I got to say that the Bulls have lived/died with the high-powered offense, outscore/outlast em' and beat em' to the scoreboard philosophy since the early 90's. I think Danny Henson of Bridgeport was one of the first 3A coaches to implement the spread and outscore the other team gameplan. This is hard for old school, defense minded fans to accept to the point that they don't even consider this concept as real football. I can tell you that it has been more fun to watch this offense-minded game strategy over the last 21 years than anything I have ever watched in high school sports. The Bulls have never risen to the heights of Stephenville in football, but Bulls fans have been treated to the most exciting, gut-wrenching, and never boring games like the Jackets have played in the last 2 weeks every week for years. So don't be too hard on the Jackets---just close your eyes now and then and watch the magic happen when the lightning strikes for 4 quarters or more---if your hearts don't fail....

BTW---I think with a 100% healthy Stidham, that the Jackets move on for another week, although I think this game will be another barn-burner......

Practice Squad

Quote Originally Posted by Bullaholic View Post
    I have read a lot of posts about Sville having a giving defense. I got to say that the Bulls have lived/died with the high-powered offense, outscore/outlast em' and beat em' to the scoreboard philosophy since the early 90's. I think Danny Henson of Bridgeport was one of the first 3A coaches to implement the spread and outscore the other team gameplan. This is hard for old school, defense minded fans to accept to the point that they don't even consider this concept as real football. I can tell you that it has been more fun to watch this offense-minded game strategy over the last 21 years than anything I have ever watched in high school sports. The Bulls have never risen to the heights of Stephenville in football, but Bulls fans have been treated to the most exciting, gut-wrenching, and never boring games like the Jackets have played in the last 2 weeks every week for years. So don't be too hard on the Jackets---just close your eyes now and then and watch the magic happen when the lightning strikes for 4 quarters or more---if your hearts don't fail....

BTW---I think with a 100% healthy Stidham, that the Jackets move on for another week, although I think this game will be another barn-burner......
    You get it. Others don't; I don't think. While I would like to see our Jackets play better "D" at times, this is an offensive minded team. When you can score every single possession of the game; it can be just that. A 75-72 victory is just as good as a 3-0 victory. Just alot more excitement involved. It is who this team is, I think they understand that; I think our coaches understand that and I think our fans-though still probably wanting to see better play on defense...at least at times, understand it. Go ahead, score on us...we will score on you back lol. Big Spring is the same type of team, I think our "D" is just a tad bit better than BS "D". With that I will go with a 70-62 ball game going to the Jackets. It will be epic and awesome. Difference will be that the Jackets won't turn the ball over this game, I don't see any INT's happening late in the game in this go around.

And thank you for your post Bullaholic...I enjoyed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacket97 View Post
    You get it. Others don't; I don't think. While I would like to see our Jackets play better "D" at times, this is an offensive minded team. When you can score every single possession of the game; it can be just that. A 75-72 victory is just as good as a 3-0 victory. Just alot more excitement involved. It is who this team is, I think they understand that; I think our coaches understand that and I think our fans-though still probably wanting to see better play on defense...at least at times, understand it. Go ahead, score on us...we will score on you back lol. Big Spring is the same type of team, I think our "D" is just a tad bit better than BS "D". With that I will go with a 70-62 ball game going to the Jackets. It will be epic and awesome. Difference will be that the Jackets won't turn the ball over this game, I don't see any INT's happening late in the game in this go around.

And thank you for your post Bullaholic...I enjoyed it.
    Yes great posts both of you! FYI - When Jarrett was put in they were 10 for 10 on scoring drives. Also A GREAT STAT - Jarrett has been intercepted ONE time all season long and I believe that was in the first game. The naysayers aren't ready.... GO JACKETS!

All-District
    Blog Entries

Please take the Stephenville threads to a basketball thread - its football season ! Are you playing 6 man ?

2013, 2015, 2016 3ADL FF Champ jason's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by here4Villa View Post
    Yes great posts both of you! FYI - When Jarrett was put in they were 10 for 10 on scoring drives. Also A GREAT STAT - Jarrett has been intercepted ONE time all season long and I believe that was in the first game. The naysayers aren't ready.... GO JACKETS!
    He threw one late vs cooper

All-American

This one REALLY needs a poll!

Quote Originally Posted by jason View Post
    He threw one late vs cooper
    Then that is the 1 int
    Ain't nobody got time for haters...

Practice Squad

Where are the BS posters? I would really like to know how they feel going into this game. It will be a blow out at both ends of the field to be sure of. But do they believe the Jarrett will really make that much of a difference. All I had heard from the last game was why do we think we would win with Jarrett in at QB? He doesn't play defense...so what is the take Big Spring fans have on this game?

Quote Originally Posted by stardog View Post
    Please take the Stephenville threads to a basketball thread - its football season ! Are you playing 6 man ?
    Please don't start. No one cares about your mess.
    Ain't nobody got time for haters...

Great posts Bull and 97, this is who we are this season and might as well embrace it and enjoy the ride.
    Yellow Jacket for Life!

All-District
    Blog Entries

Please don't start. No one cares about your mess.
    Hey village man just a little humor for those high scoring games ya'll play.

You do realize there are 10 other kids out there busting there butts when you hero is out there too. Theres also a kid that busted his butt to get Stephenville where it is when your hero was hurt. Theres 11 other kids on the defensive side of the ball busting there butts to do the best they can only to get there balls busted on a public message board. Theres also kids busting the butts as subs and an entire coaching staff busting there butts to put those kids in the best position they can to win a state championship. Your hero mentality that one kid is doing this all by himself is getting old and you haven't been here long. I'm really having a hard time trying to figure out if you are an actual family member or the girlfeinds dads seeing dollar signs in his eyes if his hero makes the big time.

Please enlighten me to a post you made in a previous thread and explain to me why you think your hero is not just going to tech because of the girlfriend?