Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cuero

35 76.09%
  • Yoakum

11 23.91%
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

All-District

Have to go with the Gobblers here because I think they may have a little better defense than the Dawgs. Having said that I have to add that a Dawg victory wouldn't surprise me any here.

Sorry late to reply on this biggy. Been on the road, seen some good ball. Burnet/Kingsville on Friday at Comalander (perfect weather), then caught Calhoun/Crosby noon in the dome. Crosby is dern good. Then, the middle game was perfect as Reagan put a late goal line stand up against Stevens and won 38-31. Sure thought some OT was coming. Night cap, Steele flexes muscle and beat Brennan 24-12. Was nice being inside, as it poured like a hurricane was outside. Driving rain was so hard, dome sprang a few leaks.

Sad to hear Victoria Memorial landed this epic "REMATCH". I assume Cuero won this flip. Rather played this one at Gobbler Stadium, then in Victoria. Least the customer service is appreciated. Regardless, it will be one packed place. I agree, neither team will take anyone for granted. No secrets who to stop here for both teams. It's who can, that will win.

Congrats to all three of D15 teams still enjoying the ride. Buckle your seat belts now, cause the ride is about to encounter the loop section.
    YnoT us?

All-District

I think "D" win's this one. Yoakum has not had one all year, Cuero continues on. Gob's names score here.

Practice Squad

Quote Originally Posted by 44INAROW View Post
    I guarantee that NO ONE from Cuero is taking anyone, most importantly, the Bulldogs, lightly. Also, No one from Cuero is writing the articles in the Victoria Advocate. One of the editors lives in Yoakum not Cuero. I am sure both teams will be prepared to play and it will be a good, fair game.

Go Mean Green. 🏈🏈
    I don't care where he lives...he bleeds Cuero green but I wasn't talking about the folks on this site. Everyone here tows the party line quite well. Cuero has a great team and DH is a big part but even he would agree that without his line, he wouldn't be having the year he's having. It burns my toast that some media try to make our teams one dimensional. We win as a team and we lose as a team. Good luck to both of these TEAMS! See everyone in Victoria
    Lead, follow or get the Hell out of the way

Practice Squad

Whoever wins the turnover battle, will win. Didn't make the last meeting, but was told neither team could stop one another.

Practice Squad

Guess I'm one of the few that is happy with the Victoria location. Couple minute drive.

Quote Originally Posted by region4fan View Post
    Guess I'm one of the few that is happy with the Victoria location. Couple minute drive.
    Yes, this is usually where things end for us. I can't recall a victory there since 2005 against Wharton. Someone mentioned a Edna win back in 90's I think. BD might know our record there better than me. I'd rather seen this at Gobbler Stadium. But, I think this year's bunch is out to prove they can win under any adversity, and change this Memorial Stadium matter. Powerful tool, when you play for someone other than yourself.
    Last edited by YTBulldogs; 11-23-2014 at 05:15 PM.
    YnoT us?

Starter

Quote Originally Posted by YTBulldogs View Post
    Yes, this is usually where things end for us. I can't recall a victory there since 2005 against Wharton. Someone mentioned a Edna win back in 90's I think. BD might know our record there better than me. I'd rather seen this at Gobbler Stadium. But, I think this year's bunch is out to prove they can win under any adversity, and change this Memorial Stadium matter. Powerful tool, when you play for someone other than yourself.
    Lost in 2000 against Lagrange.Lost in 2001 against Wimberity. Won in 2002 against Edna Won in 2003 against Edna. Won in 2004 against Wharton. Lost in 2009 against Brookshire-Royal . Lost in 2012 against Wharton
    So in last 7 times Yoakum played in Victoria they are 3-4.
    Cuero lost to Rice Cond. in 2000 ,Lost to Wharton in 2003., Beat Palacious in 2007.
    Last edited by bd62; 11-23-2014 at 05:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bd62 View Post
    Lost in 2000 against Lagrange.Lost in 2001 against Wimberity. Won in 2002 against Edna Won in 2003 against Edna. Won in 2004 against Wharton. Lost in 2009 against Brookshire-Royal . Lost in 2012 against Wharton
    Cuero lost to Rice Cond. in 2000 ,Lost to Wharton in 2003., Beat Palacious in 2007.
    2006 Sinton made the playoffs with a 4-6 record, Jimmie Mitchell last year in Sinton, lost to Cuero to start the season 29-0 and lost in bi district playoff in Victoria Memorial to Cuero 48-0 to end the season.

Thanks bd, figured you had the downlow on this. So, we can move to .500 at Memorial L7. Truth be told, Yoakum would play this anywhere. Even the old "gravel pit", out by rodeo arena, where most these kid's began their football career. No surprises here. No long hours needed in breaking video down, and all the normal stuff staff's do in preps. Pretty simple task for both teams here, and it's no secret those tasks.

Will be well attended by both community's and those HS fan's in surrounding towns . Who ya think Mike Forman from the Cuero Advocate will be rooting for? Brent should give him, no comment when he comes a calling for his Cuero pre-game interview. Can't wait!!!!!!
    YnoT us?

Quote Originally Posted by SintonFan_inAustin View Post
    2006 Sinton made the playoffs with a 4-6 record, Jimmie Mitchell last year in Sinton, lost to Cuero to start the season 29-0 and lost in bi district playoff in Victoria Memorial to Cuero 48-0 to end the season.
    Both those games at Memorial, or just the playoff game SFiA?
    YnoT us?

Quote Originally Posted by YTBulldogs View Post
    Both those games at Memorial, or just the playoff game SFiA?
    just the playoff

Starter

One Correction -that was 2002 Cuero lost to Rice Cond. in Victoria.

One Correction -that was 2002 Cuero lost to Rice Cond. in Victoria.
    2002 Sinton played a regular game against Cuero there, Sinton 28 Cuero 7. 2003 Cuero beat Sinton 32-6 in regular game at Victoria Memorial.