Quote Originally Posted by New Taiton View Post
While the more teams the better, I don't see it ever expanding past four teams. The main reason is for travel costs. A couple of years ago, UConn played OU is a BCS game in Arizona (I think) and that trip darn near broke the Huskies. Imgaine a cinderella limping into the playoff system and then not having the money, or searching high and low to come up with funds to get their team to the venue.

I will be interested to see if a team is in the playoffs that doesn't finish ranked in the top 4.
It has nothing to do with getting the team to the bowl. Conference USA, Mountain West, etc. travel the entire year... The cost comes because the teams are required to buy overpriced unsold tickets. So a team like Uconn isn't going to the fanbase to travel across the country for what was likely (and was) a blowout. OU didn't sell their allotment either. http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports...ales-are-down/

Not sure that would happen since the winner would still be in the running for the national championship. Such a boring match up like OU v. Uconn would have meaning behind it.