Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Saggy Aggie View Post
    Still don't understand TCU being so far ahead of Baylor....

Though Baylor definitely didn't do anything to close the gap last weekend. Just screwed themselves more.

Wonder how the committees opinion might change if Baylor spanks a top 10 KSU team...
    I think the weak OOC schedule is really hurting Baylor.

Quote Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
    I think the weak OOC schedule is really hurting Baylor.
    Yes, but it's not like TCU's was that great either...

Practice Squad

TCU is the best team in the Big-12 get over it!

Yes, but it's not like TCU's was that great either...
    Okay, buts it's better than Baylor. And baylor has only beaten two +.500 teams. Head to head matters but it's not the only variable the committee takes into account.

They are clearly saying the body of work will be viewed. Not just one game.
    Judge a man by his questions rather than by his answers.

-Voltaire

And if I'm being honest, I don't think Baylor is better than Michigan state, Ohio state and Mississippi state. And I think they have chance to get beat by KSU this weekend.

-Voltaire

All-District

And if I'm being honest, I don't think Baylor is better than Michigan state, Ohio state and Mississippi state. And I think they have chance to get beat by KSU this weekend.
    I don't really think it's fair to say that when none of them have played each other.....I won't defend Baylor's SOS because it was garbage and they put themselves in this situation. Regardless, I don't think you can say TCU is the best team in the Big 12 when they lost the head-to-head to Baylor. Do I, someone who went to Baylor think TCU has played better of the course of the season? I think that is a fair assessment, but to take away that Baylor beat them and then leaving Baylor out is really putting the committee into a slippery slope. If they don't acknowledge head-to-head this year then they can't break that trend in the years to come, which I find unlikely, and still expect to be credible.

I can only hope that Iowa State, who seems to pull off a big upset every year, can come through and knock Gary "Douchebag" Patterson out of this thing. I hope the players well, but that is one man that i've met that I can honestly say I could care less if he has success in life or not.

Quote Originally Posted by caleb_mccaig View Post
    I don't really think it's fair to say that when none of them have played each other.....
    Fair enough.

I won't defend Baylor's SOS because it was garbage and they put themselves in this situation. Regardless, I don't think you can say TCU is the best team in the Big 12 when they lost the head-to-head to Baylor. Do I, someone who went to Baylor think TCU has played better of the course of the season? I think that is a fair assessment, but to take away that Baylor beat them and then leaving Baylor out is really putting the committee into a slippery slope. If they don't acknowledge head-to-head this year then they can't break that trend in the years to come, which I find unlikely, and still expect to be credible.

I can only hope that Iowa State, who seems to pull off a big upset every year, can come through and knock Gary "Douchebag" Patterson out of this thing. I hope the players well, but that is one man that i've met that I can honestly say I could care less if he has success in life or not.
    They are not saying the head to head doesn't matter. They're simply saying that it is not the only factor. You have admitted that TCU passes the eyeball test for you and you're not exactly unbiased. If you put Baylor ahead of TCU, you are elevating head to head above all other factors. This committee, whether you agree or not, is taking many variables into account. And they have VERY CLEARLY said that the weak OOC schedule is one of them. I think Baylor is being hurt too by the Incarnate Word news and I guarantee you that hiring the PR firm didn't set well in that room last night.

Baylor has handled this very poorly and they actually have a history of this. They handled the A&M leaving the Big 12 thing very poorly. I think the alumni of this school need to give a serious look at the leadership because they have repeatedly given the school a black eye.

-Voltaire

Junior Varsity

Another way to look at this is look at the "quality" losses:

TCU loses on the road to #5 Baylor in a shootout by 3 points.
    Baylor loses to an unranked West Virginia team on the road by two touchdowns.

Quote Originally Posted by New Taiton View Post
    Another way to look at this is look at the "quality" losses:

TCU loses on the road to #5 Baylor in a shootout by 3 points.
    Baylor loses to an unranked West Virginia team on the road by two touchdowns.
    Right and TCU managed to beat the same WVU team by a grand total of one point....

Okay, buts it's better than Baylor. And baylor has only beaten two +.500 teams.
    The schedules are almost exactly the same.... Minus Minnesota.... I don't see any significant difference between the schedules, but I do see a big difference in the performance.... In baylor's favor...

The schedules are almost exactly the same.... Minus Minnesota.... I don't see any significant difference between the schedules, but I do see a big difference in the performance.... In baylor's favor...
    Wassa matter, Sag--You afraid some of the blue-chip Ag recruits in Texas will opt for being a big Frog in a somewhat smaller pond, especially if the Frogs make a run at a NC?

Quote Originally Posted by Bullaholic View Post
    Wassa matter, Sag--You afraid some of the blue-chip Ag recruits in Texas will opt for being a big Frog in a somewhat smaller pond, especially if the Frogs make a run at a NC?
    Not at all. Plenty of recruits to go around. I'm just giving my opinion on who I think oughta be in

Not at all. Plenty of recruits to go around. I'm just giving my opinion on who I think oughta be in
    To make the tournament really work, they need to go to 8 teams, imo. That should eliminate all the major team controversies.

All-American

Need a Missouri win and a Ohio State loss this weekend, then two Big 12 teams in the playoffs. Lol

I'm not sure what to tell you. You and the folks in Waco are just about the only folks in the country that think Baylor should be ahead of TCU.

What it boils down to is that TCU s loss - on the road to a top 10 team is much better than baylors loss to a very mediocre 5 loss team by two TDs. And you throw in the weak OOC schedule and you have your diff.

And let's not forget how that TCU baylor game ended. TCU got royally screwed out of that win. Plain and simple. It's also not helping Baylor that they now have incarnate word on their schedule and they've hired a PR firm to sway opinion.

Baylor is their own worst enemy in this deal.

-Voltaire