Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Junior Varsity

Yea unless your at atm,Lol
    I know you're being cute, but tell me which coach at Texas A&M has had time and talent.

Having said that, you can go back and look at the final rankings next to recruiting rankings over the last decade +, and you will see that, in general, the best teams typically get the best recruits. This is 100% undeniable. It's no coincidence that FSU, UT, Alabama, Auburn, USC, LSU and the like generally have the best recruiting rankings. So for a UT fan to say they don't have talent on the roster really rings hollow, to me.
    There has not been a team in the BCS era that has won a national championship and has not had a top 10 recruting class according to rivals. For instance, University of XYZ won the MNC is 2008 and had a 2007 class ranked 4th and the 2006 was ranked 11th, etc.

Recruiting rankings matter. Again - when you can point to a team with a bunch of "coached up" 3* that has won something of value, then that excuse becomes applicable. Unitl then, it is not.

Quote Originally Posted by New Taiton View Post
    I know you're being cute, but tell me which coach at Texas A&M has had time and talent.
    Sumlin was hired December 2011, so this is his 3rd year. Below are A&M's recruiting rankings for the past three years:

2012 - #15
    2013 - #11
    2014 - #6

Junior Varsity

Sumlin was hired December 2011, so this is his 3rd year. Below are A&M's recruiting rankings for the past three years:

2012 - #15
    2013 - #11
    2014 - #6
    Three years to get everything turned around? You consider that time?

Time for a newly hired Division I coach is at least 4-5 years. Most coaches don't get that.

How long does Strong get? What if he goes 6-6 next year? Will he be on the hotseat in year 3?

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by BwdLions View Post

2012 - #15
    2013 - #11
    2014 - #6
    You wasting your time, Lol.

All-American

I expect the Longhorns to find a way to beat Tech

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Scoop27 View Post
    I expect the Longhorns to find a way to beat Tech
    I hope you are right, never a easy place for Texas to win and definitely this year.

Three years to get everything turned around? You consider that time?

Time for a newly hired Division I coach is at least 4-5 years. Most coaches don't get that.

How long does Strong get? What if he goes 6-6 next year? Will he be on the hotseat in year 3?
    You're right. I didn't take into consideration he's dealing with aggies (the aggy factor). It may take a coach at A&M 10 years to straighten things out. Sorry.

44 -27 Horns

Junior Varsity

You're right. I didn't take into consideration he's dealing with aggies (the aggy factor). It may take a coach at A&M 10 years to straighten things out. Sorry.
    You've ducked this question twice.

You assume that Kevin Sumlin should have everything in place with a new program after 2.5 years.

Don't duck this question - how long does Charlie Strong get at Texas to turn the program around?

Blog Entries

TTU by 7. Tech's above average offense against an above average defense. Texas' below average offense against Tech's below average defense. Should be a dandy!
    STEPHENVILLE YELLOWJACKET FOOTBALL
    STATE CHAMPS 1993, 1994, 1998, 1999, 2012, 2021

STEPHENVILLE HONEYBEE SOCCER
    STATE CHAMPS 2017, 2019

You've ducked this question twice.

You assume that Kevin Sumlin should have everything in place with a new program after 2.5 years.

Don't duck this question - how long does Charlie Strong get at Texas to turn the program around?
    I really like the way Charlie is going about things. He runs a good moral program (or at least it sure seems like he does). If he gets to his third year and is getting blown out like Sumlin is this year, as far as I'm concerned, it's time for him to go. I believe if you can't be very competitive in your third year, it's time to move on. This is big time college football. No coach should be given four or five years.

Quote Originally Posted by hollywood View Post
    TTU by 7. Tech's above average offense against an above average defense. Texas' below average offense against Tech's below average defense. Should be a dandy!
    If Texas can't beat Tech, it's time to panic. Texas is not that good this year, but Tech is terrible.

All-American

I don't think playing in Lubbock or even if it were in Austin will be a factor in this game. Both teams are 3-5 and it's comes down which team plays the best by eliminating turnovers and penalties

All-American

Charlie Strong just said in his weekly radio webcast tonight that it's not about playing hard but playing smart. And that special teams play a big part in the game.

All-American

Strong also said it's not necessarily about building but putting a better team on the field