Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lion70 View Post
    Your texas and shut out you have lost 5 games and I repeat shutout. They qualifies as embarrassingly
    You have an odd way of using the English language friend.

Quote Originally Posted by hookandladder View Post
    Right now Heard will not be giving any thought of playing this year, so Swoopes has no one pushing him at practice. Next year that will change and also with the players dismissed this year (OL, receivers and Daje being out) there are to many first year players, there will be players step up next year. Again stop looking at the Stars next to their name, Hall is a prime example of what you can do with that star next to your name. Do you really think coaches can come in and in one year turn things around with someone elses players, more talent and experience will make a big difference. Just for the record, I do feel Heard will overtake Swoopes next year.
    I actually agree with you that stars by names don't always equate to talent. Although there is quite a bit of irony to hear this coming from a Longhorn fan.

Having said that, you can go back and look at the final rankings next to recruiting rankings over the last decade +, and you will see that, in general, the best teams typically get the best recruits. This is 100% undeniable. It's no coincidence that FSU, UT, Alabama, Auburn, USC, LSU and the like generally have the best recruiting rankings. So for a UT fan to say they don't have talent on the roster really rings hollow, to me.

Now, what coaches do with that talent once it's on campus is a diff story (player development). But when you have an offense full of 4 and 5 star guys, it makes you look kinda silly when you say you'll be able to score on KSU once the coach has some time to get the talent level up.

I'm really not trying to take a dig at you. I'm just trying to point out how that phrase looks to non-Longhorns.
    Judge a man by his questions rather than by his answers.

-Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
    I actually agree with you that stars by names don't always equate to talent. Although there is quite a bit of irony to hear this coming from a Longhorn fan.

Having said that, you can go back and look at the final rankings next to recruiting rankings over the last decade +, and you will see that, in general, the best teams typically get the best recruits. This is 100% undeniable. It's no coincidence that FSU, UT, Alabama, Auburn, USC, LSU and the like generally have the best recruiting rankings. So for a UT fan to say they don't have talent on the roster really rings hollow, to me.

Now, what coaches do with that talent once it's on campus is a diff story (player development). But when you have an offense full of 4 and 5 star guys, it makes you look kinda silly when you say you'll be able to score on KSU once the coach has some time to get the talent level up.

I'm really not trying to take a dig at you. I'm just trying to point out how that phrase looks to non-Longhorns.
    And there's 4-5*s backing those starters up too.

Both teams should be ashamed of what they have done this year. Piss poor effort and execution is hard to watch no matter what color the jersey.

All-American

When I say better talent I am mostly looking at the skilled players and that includes the QB, just not seeing enough of top talent to make a difference. This boils down to Mack's recruiting classes the last few years, Mack had no idea what kind of offense he wanted to run. One year he wanted to run the spread and the next year he wanted to just line up and run the ball, as a Head coach of a major program you should not have to change your offense from year to year. Mack relied to much on the recruiting services and instead of watching film and go after players that would fit his program, I am willing to bet Strong will go after players that will fit his program somewhat like Coach Synder does at K-State. It will not happen over night like most ignorant fans want to think, it will take time. If in three years Texas is getting blown out like atm is has done the last three games, Strong will be gone after three to four years. It does not matter if Texas is playing the top teams in the country and I am saying getting blown out , not playing well and losing. Sumlin is an offensive guy and Strong is a defensive guy, time we tell which one can put a solid team on both sides of the ball.

H&L, your posts would come across a lot better, despite the trash talk, if your sentences were at least coherent and spelled correctly. -_____-

Dude, you really have an unhealthy obsession with A&M.

You should be worried about Gary Patterson, Bob Stoops and Art Briles because those are the guys you need to beat.

-Voltaire

And if I'm being honest, right now, Strong would be no higher than 5th on my list of the top coaches in his own conference!

-Voltaire

Your attempt to compare losses is ignorant. Yes, A&M got blown out by bama...but do I need to remind you of the BYU game? Or the loss to UCLA (who is mediocre with Hundley) without their star QB....

Those are twice as embarrassing as losing to Ole miss and miss st....

This whole thread is pathetic though. 'Look how bad you guys lost. We only lost by .... '

All-American

Dude, you really have an unhealthy obsession with A&M.

You should be worried about Gary Patterson, Bob Stoops and Art Briles because those are the guys you need to beat.
    Really.

All-American

And if I'm being honest, right now, Strong would be no higher than 5th on my list of the top coaches in his own conference!
    And your list means what, ****.

Quote Originally Posted by hookandladder View Post
    Really.
    Hell yes. Stoops and Art already won, and who thinks UT is going to take down TCU?

-Voltaire

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Saggy Aggie View Post
    Your attempt to compare losses is ignorant. Yes, A&M got blown out by bama...but do I need to remind you of the BYU game? Or the loss to UCLA (who is mediocre with Hundley) without their star QB....

Those are twice as embarrassing as losing to Ole miss and miss st....

This whole thread is pathetic though. 'Look how bad you guys lost. We only lost by .... '
    Not comparing losses, just stating the fact that if Strong is losing games the way Sumlin is after 3 years he will be either gone or on the hot seat. It is what it is, life of a coach.

All-American

Hell yes. Stoops and Art already won, and who thinks UT is going to take down TCU?
    That one flew right over your head, was talking about atm. Lol

And I'm trying to point out your misguided obsession.

Against Stoops, Briles, Snyder & Patterson, the last 3+ seasons UT is 4-10 against those guys.

-Voltaire

All-American

And I'm trying to point out your misguided obsession.

Against Stoops, Briles, Snyder & Patterson, the last 3+ seasons UT is 4-10 against those guys.
    Yes they are and atm like OU still suck, Lol