View Poll Results: What group is the best part of Graham Steers Football?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • O-Line

8 25.00%
  • D-line

13 40.63%
  • Back & Receivers

6 18.75%
  • LB's & Secondary

5 15.63%
  • Special Teams

10 31.25%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 88 of 208 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098138188 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 3113

Thread: Graham

We take a knee.. actually pray before the game on the loudspeaker for God and everyone else to hear... we respect the other team by standing behind them during their school song. We asked other team to join us for the Lord's Prayer on the 50.. Small town stuff..I will take it.. The respect and love for one another.. Maybe you city boys should adopt some small town traditions..maybe

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Go Steers!

Quote Originally Posted by briandumith* View Post
    We take a knee.. actually pray before the game on the loudspeaker for God and everyone else to hear... we respect the other team by standing behind them during their school song. We asked other team to join us for the Lord's Prayer on the 50.. Small town stuff..I will take it.. The respect and love for one another.. Maybe you city boys should adopt some small town traditions..maybe

Praying over loudspeakers doesn't make you any more of a God loving Christian than the next person. Good for you. That's your deal. Thanks for being the shining example of how everyone else should be. (finger wagging hypocrites, the worst).

Quote Originally Posted by Aguilafanatico View Post
    Praying over loudspeakers doesn't make you any more of a God loving Christian than the next person. Good for you. That's your deal. Thanks for being the shining example of how everyone else should be. (finger wagging hypocrites, the worst).
    What the heck are you talking about.. man I must of really hit a nerve.. you are nuts.. and your angst is obvious.. Go about your business city boy its all good ..enjoy the hustle and bustle.. I'll enjoy the quiet peaceful life..bahahahahah

And BTW witnessing your belief in the Lord outloud for everyone to here.. Is in the bible ALOT

Last edited by briandumith*; 09-19-2015 at 12:45 PM.
    Go Steers!

All-District

You will see plenty of taking a knee at the 8u soccer games today. Out guys were getting water on a hot night and your injured player was an inch away from me sitting up.... acted like he was cramping. If there is anything worse than a finger wagger, it's a hypocritical finger wagger. Now, Back to your prefect life country boy.
    This is funny to me....Argyle is a'country' town butted up to a bigger country town Denton. City by no strectch...you're in closer proximity to Krum and Sanger than you are to Dallas or Ft. Worth. Yes, you guys are experiencing growth, but don't drink the Kool-aid and lose what makes small town football special. Scroll up and look at those football players and cheerleaders at the elementary school. Arglye should invest in a little more of that than pining to ascend up the classification ranks, just so you can get thumped by teams like Denton Guyer.

I have a lot of respect for Arglye and the program that they have....and im sure, like most things, you are an outlier among the Argyle fatihful.....but don't get it twisted, you are what you are....a country town hoping for bigger and better things....but be careful what you wish for, because you just might get it.

To Graham, here's to speedy recovery for you QB. I'm hoping for the best.

What the hell are you talking about.. man I must of really hit a nerve.. you are nuts.. and your angst is obvious.. Go about your business city boy its all good ..enjoy the hustle and bustle.. I'll enjoy the quiet peaceful life..bahahahahaha

My response was to another Graham poster questioning the class of the Argyle players. Why you decided to jump in is beyond me. The Eagles have plenty of class, win or lose. The Graham players were awesome last night. Why you guys want to come on here and bash Argyle for not taking a stupid knee during an injury is classless imo. This is what I have come to expect from you, start a fight insinuating things about other teams/posters then try to act as if you have no idea why someone is questioning you. At least your a consistent finger wagging hypocrite.

Later Brian.

My response was to another Graham poster questioning the class of the Argyle players. Why you decided to jump in is beyond me. The Eagles have plenty of class, win or lose. The Graham players were awesome last night. Why you guys want to come on here and bash Argyle for not taking a stupid knee during an injury is classless imo. This is what I have come to expect from you, start a fight insinuating things about other teams/posters then try to act as if you have no idea why someone is questioning you. At least your a consistent finger wagging hypocrite.

Later Brian.
    I didn't say anything bad.. I thought I was defending you..please reread.. I think you took what I said wrong..then you started in on me..once again please reread..guess what.. I will defend myself and our team regarding these matters..and I am no hypocrite.. you know nothing about me..yet you call me these hateful things...I am sorry for that.. to bad.. I had developed some respect for you this last week

Go Steers!

All-District

Later Brian.
    Taking a 'stupid' knee...or holding a stupid door for a lady...or helping the elderly across the stupid street.....yeah, all can be justified as to why one should or should not do it....that wasn't my point of contention....I was speaking more of your personal jabs and overall tone about the entire thing.....and the fact that Arglye is just as country as most all places in 4a....This board is open for anyone to reply to anyone....if you don't want a response to a half-cocked comment, then send a PM....that feature works nicely on here.

Brian,
    You are the one with the passive aggressive name calling, "city boys". Pretty sure you are using that in a negative way. Lots of folks in Argyle don't want the urban sprawl to take over but don't have much choice. I did hear the prayer last night over the PA before the game. Did you not hear it? Also Argyle team at center of field after game with Graham players praying. Guess you left game early and didn't see that. Last enrollment numbers by UIL; Graham 707.7, Argyle 698.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Foolery View Post
    Brian,
    You are the one with the passive aggressive name calling, "city boys". Pretty sure you are using that in a negative way. Lots of folks in Argyle don't want the urban sprawl to take over but don't have much choice. I did hear the prayer last night over the PA before the game. Did you not hear it? Also Argyle team at center of field after game with Graham players praying. Guess you left game early and didn't see that. Last enrollment numbers by UIL; Graham 707.7, Argyle 698.
    And you also need to reread the comments... I did not start calling him a name until he started in on me... I will defend myself.. When someone else makes it personal with a name call. Guess what.. the door is open..reread fella..he called me country boy..before I ever said city boy...REREAD...btw I love being a country boy..

Go Steers!

Blog Entries

Taking a knee is not a sign of small town or big town. City or country. LH is small and in the sticks, and I can't recall the last time it was I saw our guys take a knee during an opposing team injury. We show respect by playing a team as hard as we can, help them up after giving or even receiving a solid hit, keep our mouths shut on the field and just play the game, and at the end offer a hearty congrats win or lose. If a team chooses to take a knee, good for them. But don't think for a second that the opposing team has any less respect for the other team or ill will towards the injured player if they don't.
    You Talking to Me?

And you also need to reread the comments... I did not start calling him a name until he started in on me... I will defend myself.. When someone else makes it personal with a name call. Guess what.. the door is open..reread fella..he called me country boy..before I ever said city boy...REREAD...btw I love being a country boy..

Brian, you started with "if the game was in Graham I would expect Argyle to respect it.....but in the city folks don't seem to care as much". You have called us city folks and big city on multiple occasions so therefore our kids "don't seem to care as much"? I'm supposed to take that as a compliment to our town and players?? Besides, I know a ton of "city folks" and they are awesome, caring people. Your point was that Argyle folks and players just aren't as respectful as Graham folks. That's bs. I, unlike you, have a dog in the fight. Believe it or not, he and his teammates are respectful good kids. If you or other posters want to question that then I am going to jump in for sure.

All-District

Quote Originally Posted by panfan View Post
    Taking a knee is not a sign of small town or big town. City or country. LH is small and in the sticks, and I can't recall the last time it was I saw our guys take a knee during an opposing team injury. We show respect by playing a team as hard as we can, help them up after giving or even receiving a solid hit, keep our mouths shut on the field and just play the game, and at the end offer a hearty congrats win or lose. If a team chooses to take a knee, good for them. But don't think for a second that the opposing team has any less respect for the other team or ill will towards the injured player if they don't.
    Well said

This!!

Brian, you started with "if the game was in Graham I would expect Argyle to respect it.....but in the city folks don't seem to care as much". You have called us city folks and big city on multiple occasions so therefore our kids "don't seem to care as much"? I'm supposed to take that as a compliment to our town and players?? Besides, I know a ton of "city folks" and they are awesome, caring people. Your point was that Argyle folks and players just aren't as respectful as Graham folks. That's bs. I, unlike you, have a dog in the fight. Believe it or not, he and his teammates are respectful good kids. If you or other posters want to question that then I am going to jump in for sure.
    So YOU make it personal. ..didn't expect anything else from you really...you cant deate with out name calling..I have watched this for weeks now it does not matter if you have a dog in the fight... you calling folks names instead of a good debate like " hypocrite" is unnecessary...funny really

Go Steers!

Well panfan.. all I can say is this... I have been either covering or watching small town football for the last 30 years and they almost always take a knee.. almost 100% of the time.... every team ....every time ...every field.. I guess I just have not been to one of your games

Go Steers!