View Poll Results: What group is the best part of Graham Steers Football?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • O-Line

8 25.00%
  • D-line

13 40.63%
  • Back & Receivers

6 18.75%
  • LB's & Secondary

5 15.63%
  • Special Teams

10 31.25%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 201 of 208 FirstFirst ... 101151191199200201202203 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,015 of 3113

Thread: Graham

2013, 2015, 2016 3ADL FF Champ jason's Avatar

Pretty clear video of the fight.
    Interception.
    Tackle.
    #12 from graham throws two punches at hirschi player.

Graham starts fight down 10. Game suspended as a result. They're not going to restart this game.
    Game over, Hirschi wins.

Statement from Graham's superintendent

Friday night the Graham Steers football team opened up district play with a contest against Hirschi High School. *Because of an incident that happened on the field late in the third quarter this game was initially suspended. Later, after receiving from the game officials the extensive list of players on both squads who were by rule ejected, the game was canceled and will not be completed.

Earlier in the day on Friday an unknown person posted vile racist comments about Hirschi High School and their fans on Dave Campbell’s Texas Football Friday App via the chat feature. Without any doubt, this racist comment was abhorrent and unacceptable. We have been working with the staff of Dave Campbell’s organization to try and determine who made this horrific post. Unfortunately, we have been unsuccessful in determining the true identity of the person who posted the comment. *While we have the registration name and email address that is associated with the account that made the post we have not been able to determine the true identity of the person who posted the comment. We have queried our school databases and have not found a connection with any student enrolled in Graham ISD. Sadly this is a more than likely case of someone using an alias and a fake email address to create an account purely as an attempt to stir up controversy and spew hatred.

After approximately 48 hours I am still left with the same feeling. *The feeling that we can and must be better humans. We all can, should, and must continue to teach and educate our young people not to repeat the wrongs of the past.

Although this post may have been a major factor in the increased on-the-field tension, it does not absolve anyone from their responsibility for their individual actions. As such, our student-athletes involved in the on-the-field altercation will be disciplined accordingly.

I understand that statements can and should be meaningful. That being said committed, consistent, and ongoing action are the only tools that lead to positive change. I recognize that regardless of one’s own race or ethnicity, each of us as individuals is at a different point in the journey to becoming anti-racist. I understand that racism is the combination of social and systemic forces that converge and yield disparate outcomes for our communities. As a learning organization, we must purposefully strive to identify, discuss, and challenge issues that prevent us from being an anti-racist and ethnically unbiased community.*

Sincerely,

Sonny Cruse, Superintendent

Graham Independent School District

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    Go Steers!

Quote Originally Posted by jason View Post
    Interception.
    Tackle.

Graham starts fight down 10. Game suspended as a result. They're not going to restart this game.
    Game over, Hirschi wins.
    Taken just that one play in account. I would totally agree. As I stated. It was the feather on the back. It was one of several actions that happened that game. I think it could have been avoided. Sadly it wasn't. I do completely understand your position on this though.

Go Steers!

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by jason View Post
    Interception.
    Tackle.

Game over, Hirschi wins.
    I have to agree here. I've seen the same video Jason obviously saw. #12 from Graham is the one that started throwing kidney shots on the WF Hirschi player while on the ground.

All-District

Quote Originally Posted by Tejastrue View Post
    As far as the app, the chat feature has been disabled for now. I am sure that is why. It is all of our responsibility to report that sort of thing immediately. How it continued all day, if that is indeed the case, is a bit shocking and sad. I'm just outside looking in but this is disturbing to say the least. All it takes is a few if not just the one to absolutely ruin a great thing for the many. It seems to be the American way, now more than ever. Appreciate the post.
    DCTF's has been plagued by this bullshit for a long time. They are very slow to delete posts or ban posters who post racist and homophobic garbage. I am sure Dave Campbell would be absolutely horrified to have his name associated with this situation if he were alive, but the people who are currently managing his enterprise have unfortunately let this problem fester.

Quote Originally Posted by rb585 View Post
    DCTF's has been plagued by this bullshit for a long time. They are very slow to delete posts or ban posters who post racist and homophobic garbage. I am sure Dave Campbell would be absolutely horrified to have his name associated with this situation if he were alive, but the people who are currently managing his enterprise have unfortunately let this problem fester.
    I 100% agree. If they cannot competently moderate the app, Then they shouldn't even use the chat option. As I remember the red flag was up on those posts the entire day and through out the game. Yet the post remained.

I must also say, it is terrible that Graham is getting a negative light shown upon it. When anybody literally anybody, anywhere could have been responsible for that post. Now I know the fellowship on this site knows that, but Joe and Jan Q. Public don't. This bothers me.

Go Steers!

Letterman

Maybe graham will be responsible for the resurrection of 3a downlow!

Quote Originally Posted by MJMbrahmas10 View Post
    Maybe graham will be responsible for the resurrection of 3a downlow!
    Oddly enough...... I did think about that. BUT... I sure wouldn't want to bring new traffic back to this wonderful site because of a negative reason.

Go Steers!

This is a post you can read in the High School / Graham- Hirschi chat it is up. It is from that chat. A fellow poster "Stinkbait" A long time Hirschi poster. I have known him "as a poster" for years. It looks as if someone has been following the Hirschi team. Making racial comments. This is what was said before the Decatur game. I can only assume they are linked. The poster "Elfte Stunde" is myself. It means "11th Hour" in German. FYI

Go Steers!

26 players total amongst both teams are being ejected. The reason is they left the sideline. This is what I figured. Now both teams are going through the appeal process. BUT as of right now 26 players will have to miss atleast one half of the next game. Oddly enough it will be against the same team. Snyder. Graham plays this Friday. Hirschi has the week off.

Go Steers!

Chan 6 article on the game and racist post issue : https://www.newschannel6now.com/2022...football-game/

Go Steers!

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by rb585 View Post
    The problem with the game chats was an issue before we bought the app, let's be clear, this isn't a new issue. When we purchased the app, I was 100% for removing the game chats and had stated so to my bosses in meetings and had stated so on forums in the past. And posts were slow to be removed back then, because the volume is so high on those chats.

There was an outcry against doing that because the vast majority of people use it for the right reason, so my bosses and the tech developers thought the game chats could remain and with some tech solutions and monitoring of the app they could control the bad actors. Well, I went on vacation last week so we were a man down and the tech solutions didnt work, the post was deleted within a couple of hours but it was screenshotted and the damage was done.

Literally on Saturday from an airport in Jamaica myself and Greg Tepper finally convinced the folks above us to get rid of the game chats for the time being until we could determine if better solutions can be had to retain the game chats. There's no silver bullet in fixing society's issues and there will still be idiots who post terrible things, the hope is we can put guardrails in place w/technology, enhanced registation options, extra manpower monitoring the chats etc. that we can limit it as much as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew328 View Post
    The problem with the game chats was an issue before we bought the app, let's be clear, this isn't a new issue. When we purchased the app, I was 100% for removing the game chats and had stated so to my bosses in meetings and had stated so on forums in the past. And posts were slow to be removed back then, because the volume is so high on those chats.

There was an outcry against doing that because the vast majority of people use it for the right reason, so my bosses and the tech developers thought the game chats could remain and with some tech solutions and monitoring of the app they could control the bad actors. Well, I went on vacation last week so we were a man down and the tech solutions didnt work, the post was deleted within a couple of hours but it was screenshotted and the damage was done.

Literally on Saturday from an airport in Jamaica myself and Greg Tepper finally convinced the folks above us to get rid of the game chats for the time being until we could determine if better solutions can be had to retain the game chats. There's no silver bullet in fixing society's issues and there will still be idiots who post terrible things, the hope is we can put guardrails in place w/technology, enhanced registation options, extra manpower monitoring the chats etc. that we can limit it as much as possible.
    The week before this game the Hirschi-Decatur game there were a few racist posts as well, on that thread. I redflaged them. Stinkbait a long time Hirschi poster redflaged them. Yall never took them down. PM him he will yell you all about it.

Now Graham has a HUGE racist tag on us. It is very possible that a Graham resident or fan had NOTHING to do with it. We redflaged the crap out of it on friday. Did the week before for the Decatur game. Graham's good name is at least for now in the gutter. That isn't right. Letting racist comments go without removal to possible cause a fight amongst teenagers isn't right.

Changing the environment of the of sporting events in Whichita Falls in the future towards the Negative. Is now a 100% fact. Graham may have had nothing to do with this.

Look haters are gonna hate we can't stop that. But when we need you guys to DO YOUR JOB. PLEASE DO IT! A bunch I mean a bunch of posters hit that redflag with in minutes of it going up. COULD AND WOULD have stopped all this.

Go Steers!

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by briandumith* View Post
    The week before this game the Hirschi-Decatur game there were a few racist posts as well, on that thread. I redflaged them. Stinkbait a long time Hirschi poster redflaged them. Yall never took them down. PM him he will yell you all about it.

Now Graham has a HUGE racist tag on us. It is very possible that a Graham resident or fan had NOTHING to do with it. We redflaged the crap out of it on friday. Did the week before for the Decatur game. Graham's good name is at least for now in the gutter. That isn't right. Letting racist comments go without removal to possible cause a fight amongst teenagers isn't right.

Changing the environment of the of sporting events in Whichita Falls in the future towards the Negative. Is now a 100% fact. Graham may have had nothing to do with this.

Look haters are gonna hate we can't stop that. But when we need you guys to DO YOUR JOB. PLEASE DO IT! A bunch I mean a bunch of posters hit that redflag with in minutes of it going up. COULD AND WOULD have stopped all this.

I personally took a bunch of posts down and banned several users in the Hirschi-Decatur chat, the problem was those posts eventually just popped right back up as user re-register and post at a higher volume. I dont work on football Wednesday nights and on Thursday, Friday, Saturday I'm at games and not looking at the app. But hence thats the issue, not enough manpower.

Part of the issue is the red flag system on our back end wasn't developed very well, anyone can flag anything and we dont know who is flagging the posts so there's literally thousands of flagged posts every day, there's no way we have the manpower to go through all that. Thus another reason why we removed the chats because the powers that be now realize you would need a small army to manage the chats the way they were set up.

I have a full-time job, DCTF is something I do on the side, I dont get paid enough to stress about 500+ chat rooms every week and wade through thousands of red flagged posts. This week has been the most stress-free week in a few years not worrying about game chats, so I'm totally cool with keeping them gone. They were cesspools for the ignorant and the coaches absolutely hated them as well. My vote has been and will be to keep them gone

All-American

I also wanna note Friday morning our other app moderator got in a car accident so basically with me on vacation and Will in the hospital we literally had no people moderating the app Friday when it all went down

https://twitter.com/WillieWilk23/sta...95402795122690