View Poll Results: What group is the best part of Graham Steers Football?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • O-Line

8 25.00%
  • D-line

13 40.63%
  • Back & Receivers

6 18.75%
  • LB's & Secondary

5 15.63%
  • Special Teams

10 31.25%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 186 of 208 FirstFirst ... 86136176184185186187188196 ... LastLast
Results 2,776 to 2,790 of 3113

Thread: Graham

All-American

Was there controversy on the 4th down play spot??? Asking for a friend.
    Originally posted by Ranger Mom
    Umm...what is a sweet beaver??
    the best kind???

Quote Originally Posted by lostaussie View Post
    Was there controversy on the 4th down play spot??? Asking for a friend.
    You know he caught the ball on the 19 the 20 was the the line to gain.. they put the ball on the 20.. you can see it relatively clearly on the stream... i Might get a screenshot.. BUT the call I would be more mad about if I was a Celina fan was the offsides on the onside kick... I DIDN'T SEE THAT AT ALL... I checked the film too.. Do not see what the line judge seen..... but the crew was from Dallas I was told.. just a blown call.. bad one for sure..

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by briandumith*; 12-05-2020 at 11:18 AM.
    Go Steers!

Quote Originally Posted by d0tc0m View Post
    Congrats on the win, Graham (and brian!). What a game. Two hard-nosed, hard-hitting football teams. That miracle-heave, answered-prayer throw was the difference maker. And ya'll have an absolute stud kicker, man. Good for that young man. Good luck next week!

Also, I don't know what y'all will bring back next season or what you've got coming back, but let's do this again next year, yes? Celina was 90% (if not more) sophomores and juniors this season, so we were really a year or two early for a run like this.
    That was an awesome game. Had my heart in my throat the entire time. Celina will own R1 next two years if they stay after next season.I hope so. So freaking impressed with the Bobcats.. Graham will be a good...
    not that good. Our next killer team is in the 8th grade. Trust me on that.. BUT MAN WHAT A GAME.....

Go Steers!

Quote Originally Posted by briandumith* View Post
    You know he caught the ball on the 19 the 20 was the the line to gain.. they put the ball on the 20.. you can see it relatively clearly on the stream... i Might get a screenshot.. BUT the call I would be more mad about if I was a Celina fan was the offsides on the onside kick... I DIDN'T SEE THAT AT ALL... I checked the film too.. Do not see what the line judge seen..... but the crew was from Dallas I was told.. just a blown call.. bad one for sure..

Go Steers!

All-American

You know he caught the ball on the 19 the 20 was the the line to gain.. they put the ball on the 20.. you can see it relatively clearly on the stream... i Might get a screenshot.. BUT the call I would be more mad about if I was a Celina fan was the offsides on the onside kick... I DIDN'T SEE THAT AT ALL... I checked the film too.. Do not see what the line judge seen..... but the crew was from Dallas I was told.. just a blow call.. bad one for sure..

The Graham catch was clearly a first down, I was surprised where they spotted it. But I was also surprised that play even happened. But you’re right, the offsides call on the onside kick was blatantly missed AND the ineligible receiver on the pivotal 2-point conversion for Celina was missed. That play happened so fast, we didn’t have time to get an ineligible downfield. But missed calls happen. I hate it, but it’s part of the game. When two teams are as evenly matched as these two were, sometimes those calls make the difference.

All-American

That was an awesome game. Had my heart in my throat the entire time. Celina will own R1 next two years if they stay after next season.I hope so. So freaking impressed with the Bobcats.. Graham will be a good...
    not that good. Our next killer team is in the 8th grade. Trust me on that.. BUT MAN WHAT A GAME.....

Impressed with how hard Graham played too. A senior-laden team that just never panics is so hard to beat this time of year.

Our two teams will meet again next year, I think. Celina will be a freaking load in Region I next season, I know that, and last night’s heartbreak is gonna fuel this offseason. Our youngsters got a taste for winning and for what it takes to play in December. They also got some confidence, which they just didn’t have to start the season. Next year will be fun.

As it just so happens, Celina’s 8th grade team was also very, very good. They beat the brakes off lots of people. And a couple of those kids are likely going to start next season as freshmen.

All-American

I also wanna say, losing is always hard, but the sting is lessened when you lose to a classy team. Graham sure is a classy bunch. Good kids, good coaches. There was a lot of mutual respect out their on the field last night between those boys.

I also wanna say, losing is always hard, but the sting is lessened when you lose to a classy team. Graham sure is a classy bunch. Good kids, good coaches. There was a lot of mutual respect out their on the field last night between those boys.
    I am glad our teams FINALLY played.. hard to believe we haven't played at least in the last Decade... But set ups for a healthy rivalry.. If the Bobcats keep the same pre-district schedule next season.. Those big boys better watch out.. Bobcats will definitely be ready.. Once in a while a game comes along that reaffirms your love in the game. refs aside.. that is just gonna happen... this was one of those games

Go Steers!

All-American

I am glad our teams FINALLY played.. hard to believe we haven't played at least in the last Decade... But set ups for a healthy rivalry.. If the Bobcats keep the same pre-district schedule next season.. Those big boys better watch out.. Bobcats will definitely be ready.. Once in a while a game comes along that reaffirms your love in the game. refs aside.. that is just gonna happen... this was one of those games

I agree. Great game. Two teams who left everything out there on the field. The refs don’t change anything in that regard, in my mind.

Here is something from MaxPreps I thought you would like: Celina game.. the 4 and long catch is part of this compilation...
    http://www.maxpreps.com/m/team/video...9-15fefe9df410

Go Steers!

All-American

Looks like the last play of the video. Bang bang but it looks like he caught it about the 19.
    Originally posted by Ranger Mom
    Umm...what is a sweet beaver??
    the best kind???

Quote Originally Posted by lostaussie View Post
    Looks like the last play of the video. Bang bang but it looks like he caught it about the 19.
    Yes here is the screen shot.. but like I said the they put it on the 20 almost cost Graham the game by 2in' .. But I also think they screwed Celina from a very nice onside-kick...but we are all human..except of course the lizard people..

Last edited by briandumith*; 12-05-2020 at 02:11 PM.
    Go Steers!

All-American

Like I said, it appeared to be a blatant first down to me. I couldn’t even believe they were gonna measure it. But the official was way out of position. All I can think is maybe the ref said Alvarez (4) established forward progress then backtracked..? But I didn’t see that.

The offsides call on Celina was really bad, and that came at a killer time. The lonnnnng delay for the play clock nonsense killed our offense too, when we were gassing the Steers. But man, that stuff happens. It doesn’t take away from the game, in my opinion. It was still one of the more exciting games I’ve watched in a long time. Maybe the most exciting since Celina/Gilmer in 2015 state semifinals, or Celina/Pleasant Grove the following year in the Region II semis.

Like I said, it appeared to be a blatant first down to me. I couldn’t even believe they were gonna measure it. But the official was way out of position. All I can think is maybe the ref said Alvarez (4) established forward progress then backtracked..? But I didn’t see that.

The offsides call on Celina was really bad, and that came at a killer time. The lonnnnng delay for the play clock nonsense killed our offense too, when we were gassing the Steers. But man, that stuff happens. It doesn’t take away from the game, in my opinion. It was still one of the more exciting games I’ve watched in a long time. Maybe the most exciting since Celina/Gilmer in 2015 state semifinals, or Celina/Pleasant Grove the following year in the Region II semis.
    Yeah the long delay would be a definite advantage for the D.. Celina had the momentum at the time. but Having seen live or on video virtual every game in the last 13 years. I don't remember that particular ref crew. We definitely have our regulars. Lol to tell the truth we get alot of very negatively bias refs as we have been the "team to beat" in our area for a while now... When things go wrong.. We want pick apart the game. A game like this the mistakes made by the officials can really stand out. I remember the State Championship game between Argyle and Navasota. The refs gave Rattlers a TD on 4th and goal that was clearly short. That game went to OT.. And Navasota won in OT.. That cost Argyle a ring that year.. (THIS WAS BEFORE VIDEO REVIEW).. I was the game 2014 that Ralston had 65 carriers or so nuts numbers for Argyle. Loved watching that kid play. They beat us by a last second F.G. in the semis that year..grrrrr....lol

Go Steers!

https://www.foxsports.com/southwest/video/1828058692002 fox sports southwest spot

Go Steers!