View Poll Results: What group is the best part of Graham Steers Football?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • O-Line

8 25.00%
  • D-line

13 40.63%
  • Back & Receivers

6 18.75%
  • LB's & Secondary

5 15.63%
  • Special Teams

10 31.25%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 163 of 208 FirstFirst ... 63113153161162163164165173 ... LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,445 of 3113

Thread: Graham

HOLDING IN THE ENDZONE IS A SAFTY!

https://flynnpc.smugmug.com/Sports/G...-Stephenville/ this link for all of David's EYE opening pictures.
    Go Steers!

The pregame hubbub http://www.maxpreps.com/m/contest/de...8-ccaa3baaf108 it's not much to see B.S. does not report to cbsmaxprep. All the Graham numbers are here plus some new videos! Something to look at on a Thursday I guess

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk
    Go Steers!

GAME DAY!
    Go Steers!

Practice Squad

Watched Andrews pound Big Spring last week. Same story with Big Spring, good looking athletes just no discipline or motivation. Their WR's look like college players LOL and their O-line is good sized they just don't play hard.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Razorback88 View Post
    Watched Andrews pound Big Spring last week. Same story with Big Spring, good looking athletes just no discipline or motivation. Their WR's look like college players LOL and their O-line is good sized they just don't play hard.
    Been that way more often than not for at least the last 27 years that I've watched them. As I've been known to say countless times--Big Spring does less with more talent than any team I've ever seen.

There's definitely something to be said about a team that does not believe in the coaching staff unfortunately. You can have all the talent in the world if your if your team doesn't believe in your coach you're not going to win. I do not know if that is what is going on out there obviously but I do know they've been down a couple of years. I'm sure it is tough for them to swallow. Speaking for somebody who has went through a program that was on the downside. It is hard to get back on the upside.

Go Steers!

Practice Squad

BS has had 3 HC's in 3 years.....not a template for success....it's a shame because they do have players

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by briandumith* View Post
    There's definitely something to be said about a team that does not believe in the coaching staff unfortunately. You can have all the talent in the world if your if your team doesn't believe in your coach you're not going to win. I do not know if that is what is going on out there obviously but I do know they've been down a couple of years. I'm sure it is tough for them to swallow. Speaking for somebody who has went through a program that was on the downside. It is hard to get back on the upside.

It's honestly several things--Big Spring High School has a very high percentage of 'economically disadvantaged' kids (the ones that can go to Forsan or Coahoma) and a tradition of losing. Add in a high percentage of turnover in the student population due to the transient nature of the oilfield which is the main employer in the area and no continuity in the school administration or coaching staff... Losing ensues.

All-American

Just as winning becomes a tradition... so can losing.

That's not always the reason for losing. And that's not always a reason for winning. It certainly does seem to be a good excuse. As of late..... I played on a terrible football team through High School. I was not a disadvantaged youth. I was not a product of a drop and go employment situation. We were just terrible at football. I loved every minute of it. Our best year we were 6 and 5. I wouldn't trade those memories for anything. We never went anywhere and I had a blast doing it.

Go Steers!

Graham with its 6th win tonight. Also it's longest trip in the regular season about 400 miles round trip.
    Anyway. Final was 54-7. not sure on any numbers yet. I know Gilmore had a 20+ yard run TD and Horn ran one into..lol Several receivers caught TDs. Parker. Mills. Loesch martin maybe more.. Wes ran one on as well. Several running backs played.. guys we are money deep at rb and I love that....D looked awesome.. just ran the show all night....

Go Steers!

Numbers of the game. I only have the Graham O numbers right now but I like them. Also a reminder the wind was at near Gail force all night

I usually end with this but I will start with it this time.

total yards 513.. Not bad

#7 16/25 276 yards that's okay but here's where it gets fun.
    5tds to 3 different receivers.
    #3 had 3 tds plus 110 yards. #4 and #6 had caught tds as well
    Tucker threw to 8 different receivers last night. I love that. He continues to mature and that is scary.
    Rushing....
    #2 121 yards on 18 carries and 1 td
    #22 77 yards on 7 carries and 1 td
    #7 ran one TD in as well

6 different players scoreded a TD last night. That shows balance, good decision making, and good coaching.
    no other info to report just yet.
    Guud stuff
    I
    Go Steers!

I have some numbers on the Graham defensive performance. I am almost afraid to post it but I do have some proof to back it up. Apparently Graham held Big Spring to 5 yards rushing and 95 yards passing. Most of which came on one single play that it was a long catch-and-run touchdown in the third quarter by Big Spring. So according to the sources I have seen Graham only gave up 100 yards Total Defense that's dominating. I have attached a picture of one of those sources.

Go Steers!

https://flynnpc.smugmug.com/Sports/G...vs-Big-Spring/ the rest of David's fine work can be seen here... Pictures from the Big Spring game..
    Go Steers!

DCTF rankings are out. Graham has moved up yet again (thanks to a Wimberley loss).... We sit at #6 now..
    Go Steers!