View Poll Results: What group is the best part of Graham Steers Football?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • O-Line

8 25.00%
  • D-line

13 40.63%
  • Back & Receivers

6 18.75%
  • LB's & Secondary

5 15.63%
  • Special Teams

10 31.25%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 106 of 208 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108116156206 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 3113

Thread: Graham

Practice Squad

4A DII District 3 would be the shortest distance we would have to drive as far as furthest team away maybe 3 hours, District 1 & 2 would be around 4 or 5 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Tink4392 View Post
    4A DII District 3 would be the shortest distance we would have to drive as far as furthest team away maybe 3 hours, District 1 & 2 would be around 4 or 5 hours.
    I think the predistrict schedule will go back the way it was before we went up to d1.. Might be week 1 Mineral Wells...2 Brownwood.. 3 A.W... week 4 I don't think it will be Argyle.. Might go back to Breckenridge week 5 will be a toss up.. I see this if the coach keeps things the way he has for the last several years... but. Who knows...at this point.. fun to speculate thou...I can also see them scheduling Decatur and Eastland again for the scrimmages..

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Go Steers!

Lady Blues score eight volleyball all-district selections

Antonio Morales

The Lady Blues celebrate at center-court after knocking off Burkburnett in the bi-district round at Windthorst. The Nov. 3 win was Graham s first playoff victory since 2011. (David Flynn)

Nearly three weeks after wrapping up a promising volleyball campaign with an area loss to defending state champion Decatur, the Lady Blues learned that they landed eight players on the 6-4A all-district team.
    “We were very well represented,” Lady Blues head coach Marci Faulk said. “It speaks volumes about the improvements. I was very pleased with what we had considering Stephenville made it to regionals and (Abilene) Wylie made it to the regional qualifiers.”
    Lexie Allen, Nicole King and Jasmine Sims headlined Graham's all-district selections by earning their place on the 6-4A first team. In only seven district contests, Allen connected on 70 kills and also contributed defensively with seven blocks and 12 digs. King netted 54 points, 135 digs and 103 perfect serve/receive passes, while Sims collected 75 kills, 17 aces, 55 points and 21 blocks.
    Last season's 11-win Blues team garnered three all-district selections, with Allen capturing the only first-team recognition. Faulk said that all the other district coaches present at Monday's selection meeting were highly complimentary of her 28-15 squad that seized the program's first playoff win since 2011.
    “It was very positive at the meeting,” she said. “Each school talked about how much our team has improved. They were like, "Coach you can see they love to play volleyball, and they're going to keep getting better.'”
    Savanna Wilson, Izzy Maberry and Marleigh Sanders were tabbed on the second team by the district coaches. Wilson amassed 45 kills, 21 aces, 65 digs and 79 perfect serve/receive passes during her senior season. Maberry racked up 36 kills, five aces, 38 points, 34 blocks and 24 digs in eight district games. Sanders dished out 128 assists and also had 11 aces, 57 points and 48 digs.
    Emily Davis and Veronica Breitkreutz secured their spot on the all-district squad as honorable mentions. Davis finished with 21 kills, six blocks and 10 digs, while Breitkreutz had 25 kills, 14 blocks and 28 deflections.
    “Our girls should be extremely proud,” Faulk said. “All of them. Even the ones that weren't honored on this should be proud to be on a team where eight were honored in such a tough district.”
    Faulk added that all 13 of her varsity players had a shared impact on the success of the 2015 Lady Blues.

Read entire story in Saturday's Graham Leader.
    Thanks Graham Leader!
    Go Steers!

Looks like there will be a great 3a game Friday in Graham. Eastland will be taking on Henrietta in a 3rd round grudge match. Henrietta beat Eastland by one point in the regular season so this should be a great game.

Go Steers!

Quote Originally Posted by briandumith* View Post
    I think the predistrict schedule will go back the way it was before we went up to d1.. Might be week 1 Mineral Wells...2 Brownwood.. 3 A.W... week 4 I don't think it will be Argyle.. Might go back to Breckenridge week 5 will be a toss up.. I see this if the coach keeps things the way he has for the last several years... but. Who knows...at this point.. fun to speculate thou...I can also see them scheduling Decatur and Eastland again for the scrimmages..

week 5 Alvarado....?

"THE HARDER YOU WORK, THE HARDER IT IS TO SURRENDER"-VL

Quote Originally Posted by toddg View Post
    week 5 Alvarado....?
    That would be awesome.. I can't remember the last time we played in the regular season

Go Steers!

That would be awesome.. I can't remember the last time we played in the regular season

Been 12 years since we played Graham..it's time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"THE HARDER YOU WORK, THE HARDER IT IS TO SURRENDER"-VL

Quote Originally Posted by toddg View Post
    Been 12 years since we played Graham..it's time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Agree

Go Steers!

Junior Varsity

I would hate to see the Graham/Argyle game go away. That's is always a fun week with good football, fans, and smack talk. I have a hellova lot of respect for Graham and will be pulling for you guys. Probably one of the best fan bases of any 3a/4a school out there. They love them some Steers footbal! Good luck next year, and keep that passion burning.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne View Post
    I would hate to see the Graham/Argyle game go away. That's is always a fun week with good football, fans, and smack talk. I have a hellova lot of respect for Graham and will be pulling for you guys. Probably one of the best fan bases of any 3a/4a school out there. They love them some Steers footbal! Good luck next year, and keep that passion burning.
    I think it could certainly happen.. We will have to see what the coaches decide.. Wouldn't mind if it kept going either.. Just hard to see the coaches getting together on this.. for both sides... but we shall see.

I can say this "only from the perspective of a fan"... and this may tick off some Argyle fans and I am sorry but it is the the truth.. We the fans wernt treated very well by Argyle when we went to the stadium this year. Now the team "Argyle" was great no problems with them at all.. but things happened to us the fans while we were at the game that....well ..made us feel unwelcome... That is why I think it "may" not happen..

Go Steers!

Tink .. Do you know if Eastland will be home or away for Fridays game in Graham?
    Go Steers!

Practice Squad

Tink .. Do you know if Eastland will be home or away for Fridays game in Graham?
    I'm not sure yet but I can ask one of my Eastlsnd folks!

I'm not sure yet but I can ask one of my Eastlsnd folks!
    I hope it is home side so I can sit in my seats.. but I will sit on the other side if they are away...can't wait..

Go Steers!

Practice Squad

It shows that Eastland is on the football app but that's not always true!

It shows that Eastland is on the football app but that's not always true!
    That is true..lol

Go Steers!