View Poll Results: What group is the best part of Graham Steers Football?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • O-Line

8 25.00%
  • D-line

13 40.63%
  • Back & Receivers

6 18.75%
  • LB's & Secondary

5 15.63%
  • Special Teams

10 31.25%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 198 of 208 FirstFirst ... 98148188196197198199200 ... LastLast
Results 2,956 to 2,970 of 3112

Thread: Graham

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by briandumith* View Post
    I do not care about "a story ". I am not a news tv station, newspaper, and I sure ain't an editor for a regional sport magazine. I give two cents about "a story" so get over that. I have stated over and over. I am about the young men on the field. Two young men are being miss-treated no matter the surrounding situation. It is simple as that..... "IF" there is "A Story" that would be the one I am pushing....

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    Maybe you didnt...but someone either the parent or someone on behalf of the parent has reached out to Wichita Falls TV and newspaper trying to push some sort of narrative to get a hit piece run..all of us in the media talk to each other a lot...if you feel the kids are being mistreated you should talk to the coaches yourself and see if there's maybe more to the story that you aren't aware of......

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew328 View Post
    Maybe you didnt...but someone either the parent or someone on behalf of the parent has reached out to Wichita Falls TV and newspaper trying to push some sort of narrative to get a hit piece run..all of us in the media talk to each other a lot...if you feel the kids are being mistreated you should talk to the coaches yourself and see if there's maybe more to the story that you aren't aware of......
    Why? I am NOT a member of the media. I have never talked to the coaching staff. I am a complete Homer for the Graham Steers as ANY regular on here knows with absolute 100% assurance. I also know the players we are referring to. I absolutely without a doubt know the talent level. I know the parents. I know the AD/HC hates them. I DO-NOT care why... It is clear that coach is taking his frustration out on the parents two boys. This absolutely 100% no doubt happening. If the kids were average players then... You couldn't say much. All I can say is... It is very sad for these two players.

Last edited by briandumith*; 08-08-2022 at 10:05 AM.
    Go Steers!

All-American

So whats the end game for you to post it here? If you really want to help the kids as you seem to imply as a taxpayer in Graham ISD you do have the right to go to ISD administration or go to a board meeting and state your case. You as a community member can request to meet with the athletic director as well, there's lots of things you can do to make a perceived wrong right if you want....

So whats the end game for you to post it here? If you really want to help the kids as you seem to imply as a taxpayer in Graham ISD you do have the right to go to ISD administration or go to a board meeting and state your case. You as a community member can request to meet with the athletic director as well, there's lots of things you can do to make a perceived wrong right if you want....
    Well this is not the "END GAME" this is merely a post. An out cry to get these boys the respect they deserve. A voice someone other then their father. Someone other then a relative. Someone who loves the Graham Steers and Has proven this year after year. Matt you yourself has said this is "no story" well this not for you. This is for the Graham Steer fans. We want the best on the field. Every game we want the best players on the field day in and day out. The coach is not doing the job he is paid to do if he is keeping these boys off because he hates their folks.... "END GAME"..... NOPE...
    THIS IS JUST THE BEGINNING!!!

Go Steers!

All-American

This post may be for Graham fans, but you posted it in a public forum thus welcoming in scrutiny from the outside...all the more reason not to air your dirty laundry and handle it locally....I made a few calls myself and found out some pretty interesting stuff...its a non-story, but considering this isn't the parents first rodeo being unhappy at a successful program maybe there's a common denominator?? Something to ponder at least....good luck in your message board quest for justice

This post may be for Graham fans, but you posted it in a public forum thus welcoming in scrutiny from the outside...all the more reason not to air your dirty laundry and handle it locally....I made a few calls myself and found out some pretty interesting stuff...its a non-story, but considering this isn't the parents first rodeo being unhappy at a successful program maybe there's a common denominator?? Something to ponder at least....good luck in your message board quest for justice
    I know the rules of this site. I like you have been here a while. I also know the parents may be a bit controversial. This shouldn't matter in regards to the players. They are paying a heavy price for the politic and that is a big ol pile of bullshizz. The coach is absolutely 100% retaliating against the parents with the players non playing role. Like it or not. That isn't the way to handle things. A coach isn't going to like every parent that comes along. I wouldn't be able to be a coach. They have a job to do. Picky parents or not... Put the best team on the field. Easy as that.

Go Steers!

All-American

I know the rules of this site. I like you have been here a while. I also know the parents may be a bit controversial. This shouldn't matter in regards to the players. They are paying a heavy price for the politic and that is a big ol pile of bullshizz. The coach is absolutely 100% retaliating against the parents with the players non playing role. Like it or not. That isn't the way to handle things. A coach isn't going to like every parent that comes along. I wouldn't be able to be a coach. They have a job to do. Picky parents or not... Put the best team on the field. Easy as that.

All due respect I trust the coaches at Graham to put the best team on the field more than you or any other parent....they are professionals....maybe the kids aren't quite as good as some think?

Keep in mind, There are many programs where the best players dont always get on the field for whatever reasons....could be behavorial issues w/coaches, getting in trouble in class, missing a workout etc....does anyone recall a 5-star running back a couple of years ago getting suspended the night before the state championship game?? He was definitely the best player but he didnt play

All due respect I trust the coaches at Graham to put the best team on the field more than you or any other parent....they are professionals....maybe the kids aren't quite as good as some think?

Keep in mind, There are many programs where the best players dont always get on the field for whatever reasons....could be behavorial issues w/coaches, getting in trouble in class, missing a workout etc....does anyone recall a 5-star running back a couple of years ago getting suspended the night before the state championship game?? He was definitely the best player but he didnt play
    Let's just say you are wrong this time. I understand what you are saying though.

Go Steers!

Let's just say you are wrong this time. I understand what you are saying though.

.....EXTRA......I mean the coach tried real hard to suspended one of the young men for the entire year even told him (the player) to "find another team" and said this repeatedly..All for saying one and only one curse word....
    but the superintendent would not let the coach suspend him....

Go Steers!

A few days ago made this statement " the qbs father has the coaches ear too". This is a statement, I should not have made. I regret making it. I have talked to the qbs father at length. Although in its entirety, I believe the actions of the coach are wrong, and unjust toward the two players. I also now believe the Qbs father DIDNOT play a role in this. As such I apologize for the apparently false claim. We all make mistakes. Even coaches.

Go Steers!

pics from the Burk Scrimmage.

Next Scrimmage is Thursday the 18th in Graham vs.. Hawley
    Go Steers!

So the scrimmage yesterday. The freshman played Wichita Falls old high. They absolutely dominated them. JV played the HawleyJV and they did very well as well.

The varsity played Hawleys varsity. The varsity for Hawkey is very very good. They will have a very good season they are currently rated 5th for their division. I believe they went to the state championship last year. They played very well too. During the scrimmage portion of the scrimmage they played match to match with Graham. During the live a quarter it was mostly in the Hawley end of the field. As Graham defense was on point with a few interceptions. Graham came within 2 yd of scoring but was held back. The live quarter ended 0-0. It a even and and equal scrimmage in all together.

Go Steers!

All-American

There's some concern in Graham, especially about the offense through two scrimmages

There's some concern in Graham, especially about the offense through two scrimmages
    Na! They will be just fine. Played a very good team yesterday. Beat them in most points. When you play a scrimmage you count them all. I was most impressed with the Graham secondary. Hawley has some very good receivers. Any 4a team would love to have. Graham receivers have to find their hands and that also is normal for a scrimmage. Thompson hit them several times resulting in drops... It is what it is. Not gonna be world beaters this year. Got all the ingredients though...

Go Steers!

Chan3 SPOT https://w3.mp.lura.live/player/prod/...MzYwfQ==#amp=1

Go Steers!