View Poll Results: What group is the best part of Graham Steers Football?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • O-Line

8 25.00%
  • D-line

13 40.63%
  • Back & Receivers

6 18.75%
  • LB's & Secondary

5 15.63%
  • Special Teams

10 31.25%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 197 of 208 FirstFirst ... 97147187195196197198199207 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,955 of 3112

Thread: Graham

Results from Bwood 7on7 pool play. Graham has already punched its ticket to to state....

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    Go Steers!

Graham still winning in Celina this weekend..

Go Steers!

Newton Field getting a summer time face lift. Looks to be a new track surface...

Go Steers!

I have never been one to talk to or about the coaching for the Graham Steers. I have made the occasional remark. I have said many times that they have a job to do. I am and will always be about the young men. This is what brings me to what I am about say in this post. This post is about an unjust removal of one of the potentially better players in the Steers program, but I would be saying this if it was an average player as well. This player is being punished because of what I believe to be the pure dislike of his parental guardian. Also, quite possibly the insistence of another parent that has a “STAR” player.
    The H.C. is claiming the young man said A curse word…… Yes, they are removing him “FROM THE TEAM” for saying A curse word…. When in truth is the coach, and a much too influential players parent does not like the Guardian Parent. I have been to hundreds of games and have heard thousands of curse words from the fields. We would not have a team. The coach uses the rule that the playing of extracurricular activities is a “privilege not a right”. Well, someone should tell him that unless the ONE curse word was meant to slander someone directly in a public setting it is protected by the 1st Amendment. He CANNOT be punished for this it is a CIVIL RIGHTS VIOLATION. We like to use the 2nd Amendment here in Texas. That 1st one is good too.
    It has come to light that this coach has been a bit of a bully of the years. To several ex-players and parents. I am all about the Kids If the Kids can’t play because the Coach is acting like this WELL SHAME!
    THIS YOUTUBE VIDEO is of a meeting between the coach and Parent of the player.
    Go Steers!

http://factsandlies.com/ update please take a look

Go Steers!

This year's Boosters Bash Info!!

Go Steers!

Graham Steer Blast From The Past! Never gets old!

Go Steers!

DEM DAMN CARTERS! Always starting something!! Lol

Go Steers!

This kid is getting State-Wide recognition. The coach won't put him on varsity AND won't even put him as a starter on JV. ALL because he doesn't like his parents. This is 100% true same for the post just before this one. Colton Carter is one of the best 10th grade OL. Coach don't like the parents (same parents) so he keeps him on JV.. SO GOOD JOB "NOT" PUTTING THE BEST TEAM ON THE FIELD. way to earn that pay check. "Coach"

Go Steers!

Seems like everything was peachy in Graham until this season. Was that conversation recorded with mutual consent? I have mixed feelings on this one. Coaches needing to appease not only the kids but the parents and or guardians too. smh
    The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have..... Vince Lombardi

All-American

Man Graham must be LOADED keeping top ranked D1 kids on the JV!!!

This strikes me as a tale as old as time and one of two scenarios

1) Parent thinks kids are much better than they really are, so he blames the coaches.

2) The kids may be borderline varsity contributors etc, but they have behavorial issues so they are maybe put on JV to send a message to act right etc....pretty common and a non-story IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Tejastrue View Post
    Seems like everything was peachy in Graham until this season. Was that conversation recorded with mutual consent? I have mixed feelings on this one. Coaches needing to appease not only the kids but the parents and or guardians too. smh
    Yes. from what I heard I think so. Also the the superintendent was also present.

Go Steers!

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew328 View Post
    Man Graham must be LOADED keeping top ranked D1 kids on the JV!!!

This strikes me as a tale as old as time and one of two scenarios

1) Parent thinks kids are much better than they really are, so he blames the coaches.

2) The kids may be borderline varsity contributors etc, but they have behavorial issues so they are maybe put on JV to send a message to act right etc....pretty common and a non-story IMO
    I understand and Make of this what you will. BUT.... The young WR was the JVs offensive last year. I am witness to this myself AND a very good DB. The Young OL last year was the JV center and was a wall best lineman on jv. I am witness to this as well. I would take what the parents say with a grain of salt. EXCEPT for those factors.. ALSO THE QBS father has the coaches ear too, and that has a huge part of this, that part I did not want to mention but it needs to be said... I myself do not have and never have had a pony in the race but this smacks of unfairness. I AM FORCED TO MAKE THESE CLIAMS!! I do hope everyone understands. I am 100% for the team. Just look at the thread as my witness. BUT This is not right

Go Steers!

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by briandumith* View Post
    I understand and Make of this what you will. BUT.... The young WR was the JVs offensive last year. I am witness to this myself AND a very good DB. The Young OL last year was the JV center and was a wall best lineman on jv. I am witness to this as well. I would take what the parents say with a grain of salt. EXCEPT for those factors.. ALSO THE QBS father has the coaches ear too, and that has a huge part of this, that part I did not want to mention but it needs to be said... I myself do not have and never have had a pony in the race but this smacks of unfairness. I AM FORCED TO MAKE THESE CLIAMS!! I do hope everyone understands. I am 100% for the team. Just look at the thread as my witness. BUT This is not right

You aren't forced to do anything....airing dirty laundry is not going to help the situation at all, folks running to all the TV stations and newspapers in Wichita Falls to try and get them to run a hit piece isnt going to help either.....there's not a story there..my advice to those involved is to act like adults & disuss the situation like grown ups and if they cant resolve it w/the coaches, then the parents who have a grievance need to run it up the chain of command inside of Graham ISD.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew328 View Post
    You aren't forced to do anything....airing dirty laundry is not going to help the situation at all, folks running to all the TV stations and newspapers in Wichita Falls to try and get them to run a hit piece isnt going to help either.....there's not a story there..my advice to those involved is to act like adults & disuss the situation like grown ups and if they cant resolve it w/the coaches, then the parents who have a grievance need to run it up the chain of command inside of Graham ISD.
    I do not care about "a story ". I am not a news tv station, newspaper, and I sure ain't an editor for a regional sport magazine. I give two cents about "a story" so get over that. I have stated over and over. I am about the young men on the field. Two young men are being miss-treated no matter the surrounding situation. It is simple as that..... "IF" there is "A Story" that would be the one I am pushing....

Last edited by briandumith*; 08-08-2022 at 09:19 AM.
    Go Steers!