Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by hookandladder View Post
    Not quite sure what team your referring to, are you talking about my playing days or are you talking about the teams I follow. A little more info. would help, have to admitt I am a little confused.Guess that happens when you get old, Lol
    You have a way of putting things. I like your style.

Junior Varsity

You have a way of putting things. I like your style.
    He also has a way of deflecting questions.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by New Taiton View Post
    Who cares about what teams a person "follows". I went to Texas A&M. You went where? That's the team I'm referring to.

Besides - this is standard Longhorn procedure...firing up the Delorean and taking us back in the day when Texas was good. Remind us hook, how good did Texas used to be? Lol. Tell Marty and Doc I said hello.
    Dude, you are one confusing person. All I am saying is atm has done nothing as far as winning any championships for the last 10 plus years and that includes the Big 12 but still wants to bragg about being better then Texas, untill atm wins something you really have nothing to bragg about except winning the recruiting in Texas. Big freaking deal, do something with it. LMAO

Who cares about what teams a person "follows". I went to Texas A&M. You went where? That's the team I'm referring to.

Besides - this is standard Longhorn procedure...firing up the Delorean and taking us back in the day when Texas was good. Remind us hook, how good did Texas used to be? Lol. Tell Marty and Doc I said hello.
    Well, maybe I can help out here. Texas has played in two national title games in the past ten years (2005 & 2009 seasons). They won the game (against supposedly the greatest team in history - USC) after the 2005 season. Sure, Texas has been down for five years now (includes 2014). I'll compare that the A&M's successes in football any day. A&M had better stick with bragging about Agriculture and Military (even though it's not like it's the real military).

Junior Varsity

Dude, you are one confusing person. All I am saying is atm has done nothing as far as winning any championships for the last 10 plus years and that includes the Big 12 but still wants to bragg about being better then Texas, untill atm wins something you really have nothing to bragg about except winning the recruiting in Texas. Big freaking deal, do something with it. LMAO
    Why should one point to the past when comparing the now and the future? Do I think we have a better program than Texas? Yes. Do I think the future is much brighter for A&M than Texas? Yes. Would a lot of national media agree with me? Does Texas have a better defense than A&M? Yes. Will Texas continue to out recruit A&M for top Texas talent? No.

None of that has anything to do with what Texas has done. Your demeanor is very symbolic of Texas' slogan "We're Texas". So what. You want us to bow down to Texas because of how good they used to be? Being Texas get's you nowhere.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by BwdLions View Post
    Well, maybe I can help out here. Texas has played in two national title games in the past ten years (2005 & 2009 seasons). They won the game (against supposedly the greatest team in history - USC) after the 2005 season. Sure, Texas has been down for five years now (includes 2014). I'll compare that the A&M's successes in football any day. A&M had better stick with bragging about Agriculture and Military (even though it's not like it's the real military).
    And do not forget about their chant, sec,sec. That is like 5 wins for their team, Lol

All-American

He also has a way of deflecting questions.
    Ask me anything that makes sense and I will asnwer best I can, your problem most questions never make sense. Lol

The aggies have an all-time record against a certain team (not saying who) of 37-76-5. That's the real reason they left the Big XII. You can only take so much of a big brother beating you down. Sure, they're out of the shadow of the Horns now, but I'm not really sure it'll do much for their confidence. Now that they're in the $EC (where you'll find some of the best teams money can buy), you have more than a couple of tough teams in Texas & OU (with occasional good KSU, OSU & Tech teams) to deal with.

Junior Varsity

Ask me anything that makes sense and I will asnwer best I can, your problem most questions never make sense. Lol
    You have a tendency of answering the easy ones and deferring the hard ones:

If the sec has two teams finish in the top four ranking then I have no problem with it, if they do not finish in the top four then it's a no.
    Why? Rankings don't have anything to do with playoff selections.
    You know what they say about opinions , they are like aholes everybody has one. You are definitely full of sec, you might be more beleiveable if your team had every won anything. Lol

What opinions are you referring to?
    What has your team won? I'm not talking about your son's team (which is nothing as well), I'm asking about your team. What have they won?
    Any other thoughts on the Michael Dyer case? Or are you cool with him being a hypocrite this time?
    By the way, Hook - are you intentionally not sharing with us your opinions about Coach Strong and Michael Dyer, or do you just concede the point?

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by BwdLions View Post
    The aggies have an all-time record against a certain team (not saying who) of 37-76-5. That's the real reason they left the Big XII. You can only take so much of a big brother beating you down. Sure, they're out of the shadow of the Horns now, but I'm not really sure it'll do much for their confidence. Now that they're in the $EC (where you'll find some of the best teams money can buy), you have more than a couple of tough teams in Texas & OU (with occasional good KSU, OSU & Tech teams) to deal with.
    But your missing the point, atm is in the sec,sec. Winning does not matter, it's the sec were talking about. Lol

Junior Varsity

Lol.

Do you ever wonder why Texas fans are considered arrogant?

You would think that you and hook acutally attended a class on the 40 acres as much as you polish the burnt orange rocket. Lol.

All-American

You have a tendency of answering the easy ones and deferring the hard ones:
    NT, did you miss the tread topic. It is about atm, I don't give a ratts ass about Michael Dyer- hell I do not even know who the hell he is, thats the past as you say. As for as who gets in the playoff, again with it being the first year and knowing Texas did not have a shot this year I am not even sure what determines who gets in the playoffs. It does matter for Texas or the aggys this year, both teams are out, also I have never seen such butthurt that you have for Coach Strong. Hookem just for you NT.

All-American

Lol.

Do you ever wonder why Texas fans are considered arrogant?

You would think that you and hook acutally attended a class on the 40 acres as much as you polish the burnt orange rocket. Lol.
    NT, you mad.

Junior Varsity

NT, you mad.
    Just calling the spade a spade.

Lol. You know it's the truth.

All-American

Just calling the spade a spade.

Lol. You know it's the truth.
    Dude, you can say what you want about Texas fans but atm fans are no better. Every school has their bad apples, your a fool if you think different.