Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    All-American
    Blog Entries

Default STATE SEMIFINAL: ABILENE WYLIE(28-5) vs ARGYLE(28-7)

Looks like the game will be played at Disch-Faulk field in Austin at 1 pm on Wednesday. Wylie's signature win of the season came in its series against then-undefeated and top-ranked Iowa Park in the Region I semis. They swept that series and surprised most. Argyle's signature win came in its most recent series against a very good and highly ranked Pleasant Grove team in the Region II final. Argyle swept that series in 2 games also. PG had only lost 3 games all season previously. This matchup of these two schools should be a good one.....they are very competitive in all UIL activities. Wylie met Venus in the Region I final and won that series 2-1. I have no idea how this game will go. I do know that in football Wylie had some very athletic players, so I suspect their baseball team has some of those same players on it and probably a few players that are "baseball only" types. I look for a great atmosphere and close battle. Good luck to all the players on both squads. They worked hard to get this opportunity and now they should relish it for what it is.
    Yesterdays are gone forever and tomorrows may never happen, but today you have the opportunity to make a difference.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by regaleagle View Post
    Looks like the game will be played at Disch-Faulk field in Austin at 1 pm on Wednesday. Wylie's signature win of the season came in its series against then-undefeated and top-ranked Iowa Park in the Region I semis. They swept that series and surprised most. Argyle's signature win came in its most recent series against a very good and highly ranked Pleasant Grove team in the Region II final. Argyle swept that series in 2 games also. PG had only lost 3 games all season previously. This matchup of these two schools should be a good one.....they are very competitive in all UIL activities. Wylie met Venus in the Region I final and won that series 2-1. I have no idea how this game will go. I do know that in football Wylie had some very athletic players, so I suspect their baseball team has some of those same players on it and probably a few players that are "baseball only" types. I look for a great atmosphere and close battle. Good luck to all the players on both squads. They worked hard to get this opportunity and now they should relish it for what it is.
    Well put. We have the utmost respect for Argyle. Should be a good one... in many ways these schools remind me a lot of each other. These are not just football schools--though they both play that at a high level also. Doesn't matter whether it is boys or girls basketball, track, tennis, football, volleyball or UIL events--both programs excel and do it the right way, with class and respect for their opponents. Now that being said... GO 'DAWGS!!!

Wylie up 3-0 top of 4

Argyle responds with 2 runs in top of 4...

3-2 Wylie leads going to bottom of 4

Argyle doing lots of damage in top of 5th and still batting....

6-3 Argyle lead

Junior Varsity

Quote Originally Posted by ccmom View Post
    Argyle doing lots of damage in top of 5th and still batting....

6-3 Argyle lead
    Uh oh

Welllllll.....finally going to bottom of 5th

Argyle leads 9-3

Let's go Dawgs!

All-American
    Blog Entries

Now you know why I stated earlier after the PG series that Argyle is playing better and definitely hitting at the highest level they have all year. They are playing serious baseball at the right time of the season. Argyle just turned their 2nd double play of the game on a great turn by Seth Green at 2nd base. Danny Davis from 3rd to 2nd to 1st to convert those double plays.
    Yesterdays are gone forever and tomorrows may never happen, but today you have the opportunity to make a difference.

All-American
    Blog Entries

End of 5th

Argyle 9
    Wylie 3

Argyle gets the double play and then another defensive gem to end the inning.

All-American
    Blog Entries

Tanner Boyzuick beats out chopper infield hit down third base that Tanner beat the throw on. It's ruled at lead-off hit. Good play at 3rd, but the runner just beat it out.

All-American
    Blog Entries

Called strike but stolen base by Boyzuick now. Fly ball out moves Boyzuick to 3rd. One out on Argyle now and runner on 3rd as Riley Balch(catcher) attempts a safety squeeze. Boyzuick coming home as bunt goes straight to pitcher and they throw him out at home. That bunt has to go down one baseline or the other on the squeeze play. Two outs now.

All-American
    Blog Entries

Balch at 2nd now as Danny Linahan at the plate now. 2-2 now to Linahan.

All-American
    Blog Entries

He walks Linahan. Runners at 1st and 2nd. Ryland King up now. 2 outs.

All-American
    Blog Entries

Called strike 3 on the corner as King is rung up looking. Going to bottom of the 6th now. Wylie is fully capable of putting together big innings. I think they scored about 25 runs this season on Wichita Falls Hirschi and double digits on several other teams.

All-American
    Blog Entries

Mueller up for Wylie to start the batting in the bottom of the 6th now. Rixey Boyd still on the mound for Argyle. 1-2 on Mueller now. No wind on the field, and about 97 to 100 degrees on the field right now.