Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    All-American

Amazing the ATM defense cannot stop anyone other then some 6A schools but the ATM fans keep blaming the offense and Thrill Hill, there sure is a lot of fair weather ATM fans. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by hookandladder View Post
    Amazing the ATM defense cannot stop anyone other then some 6A schools but the ATM fans keep blaming the offense and Thrill Hill, there sure is a lot of fair weather ATM fans. Lol
    Their defense isn't as bad as most thought it would be. The problem is that they are playing with a ton of freshmen and true soph. You need full grown men to play good defense in the sec. They don't have that yet.

Aggies need to be patient with sumlin. He's recruting well and by all indications they have a good S&C program. These underclass men will be upperclassmen in another year or two. Theyll have a quality defense then.
    Judge a man by his questions rather than by his answers.

-Voltaire

Heres a post from texags that talks about how poor the Aggies have recruited defense before sumlin got there.

Well, I typed up a long reply to a thread that evidently got deleted where someone was claiming that Sherman did fine recruiting defensive players for Sumlin. Please note, I am not making excuses for Sumlin/Snyder, they have had time to find sufficient talent to fill in the HUGE holes left by Sherman, but I just really don't want anyone changing history and pretending that Sherman left us stacked recruiting wise. Here is the info I found and what I was replying to:

So I decided to take you up on your offer...just off the top of my head from the 2010 class on the DL: we got Demontre Moore, Gavin Stansbury (last year's defensive MVP), and Jonathan Mathis who was good enough to stick around with the Cardinals for a few games last year . You call that a complete failure? I chose not to look up anymore stuff for you since it's obvious you don't know what you're talking about.

Nehemiah Hicks - DE (converted to TE)
    Damontre Moore - DE (played 1 year for us, went to NFL, not eligible to play this year)
    Gavin Stansbury - DE (played past 2 years, did not Redshirt, not eligible to play this year)

Brandon Jackson - DT (no longer playing football - health)
    Ivan Robinson - DT (Still playing for us - this is 1 player that is contributing this year)
    Jonathan Mathis - DT (played past 2 years, was JUCO, not eligible to play this year)

Domonique Patterson - LB (never broke 2 deep, played a little on special teams, this was the ONLY linebacker Sherman signed this year, and he was a miss

Brandon Alexander - DE (he was on the ONLY dlineman period we signed this year, converted to TE)

Donnie Baggs - LB (he starts for us)
    Steven Jenkins - LB (JUCO, played past 2 years, was JUCO not eligible to play this year)
    Tyrell Taylor - LB (2 star reach, plays limited in special teams, still on team)
    Shaun Ward - LB (played a little first 2 years on team, was not very good, transferred to Florida A&M)
    Darzil Washington - LB (ran a 5.08 40, did not qualify, went to JUCO, plays for ULaLa now)

2012 - guys who committed to Sherman before he was fired

Julien Obioha - DE (played last 2 years, decent player)
    Michael Richardson - DE (no longer plays football due to injury)
    Tyrone Taylor - DE (plays sparingly)
    Alonzo Williams - DE (plays for us, decent player, was a TE in high school, have had to move him to DT because of failure to recruit DT)

Jordan Richmond - LB (likes weed, transferred to North Texas)

So in his last 3 classes, Sherman signed or received commits from 7 Linebackers. Only 2 ever broke the 2 deep, 1 was a JUCO. He had 2 classes with only 1 LB and in both cases, the one LB we signed did not pan out.

He signed 3 DT, all in 2010. 1 plays for us, 1 was a JUCO and no longer eligible, and 1 was a miss. We completely flopped on all DT targets in 2011 and 2012. We have had to move Alonzo Williams to DT to have some upperclass depth at this position.

Sherman signed 8 DEs. 2 played but are no longer eligible, 1 still plays for us, 1 moved to DT. Missed on the other 4.

So from Sherman's last 3 classes, we have the following DL or LB contributing this year: Donnie Baggs, Julien Obioha, Ivan Robinson and Alonzo Williams.

Just to compare, the University of Texas (who has our recruiting rival at the time, has the following DL or LB contributing for them from those classes):

Jordan Hicks, Cedric Reed, Steve Edmond, Tevin Jackson, Caleb Blueitt, Paul Boyette, Malcom Brown, Desmond Jackson, Bryce Cottrell, Alex Norman, Hassan Ridgeway, Peter Jinkens, Demarco Cobbs, Timothy Cole, Dalton Santos, and Toshiro Davis

So while Sherman managed to get us 4 contributors at defensive line and linebacker from 2010-2012, Mack Brown got 16 (or 4 times as many) players that are contributing to Texas's defense THIS year from those classes.

Please do not try to argue that Sherman did anything but completely fail in recruiting front 7 players for us. Throwing the name of 1 NFL player a 1 JUCO player out there does not make your point.

-Voltaire

Reynolds is doing okay. He's got more TD's in his first 7 games than any A&M WR ever and its not even close

I think Ed Pope is having a nice year as well.

Somewhat disappointed with RSJ. Kennedy cant stay healthy. Neiderhofer and Sabian holmes are awful

Quote Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
    Their defense isn't as bad as most thought it would be. The problem is that they are playing with a ton of freshmen and true soph. You need full grown men to play good defense in the sec. They don't have that yet.

Aggies need to be patient with sumlin. He's recruting well and by all indications they have a good S&C program. These underclass men will be upperclassmen in another year or two. Theyll have a quality defense then.
    I dont think anyone is impatient with Sumlin. I have full confidence in him. Spavital is a good recruiter and good qb coach, just need a different playcaller. I didnt think anyone could be worse than mckinney but he is.

I'm sorely disappointed in the production of the offense. The defense has improved significantly. No one said theyre world beaters, but they'd look a hell of a lot better if the could get a first down. Same situation with the Longhorns. Imagine how good their D would be if the offense would just help them out a little

All-American

Damn, how many atm fans were left in the stands when the game was over. It looked like it was almost empty, I thought atm had the 12th man. There must have been some dog and pony show at the Dixy Chicken, LMAO.

At least it wasn't half empty at the start of the game...

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Saggy Aggie View Post
    At least it wasn't half empty at the start of the game...
    Yea , I remember those days for you guys. Glad it got better for your team, Lol

One thought from last night.....downfield passes! They didn't exist.

Yea , I remember those days for you guys.
    When was that?

Junior Varsity

Coach Frezze done a good job at Old Miss.
    Godley Wildcat Football

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Rabid Cougar View Post
    When was that?
    Wait are you an aggy fan or lsu, I thought you were lsu but either way not good right now.

Wait are you an aggy fan or lsu, I thought you were lsu but either way not good right now.
    Keep talking trash. What's the record, btw.

-Voltaire

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
    Keep talking trash. What's the record, btw.
    Not talking trash , just stating the facts. All three teams are not very good this year as far as competing for a championship, two of ATM 5 wins are against two high schools teams and Rice win is no better then Texas win over NT so don't toot that horn to loud.

Lol.

-Voltaire