1 3.23%
  • Wylie in a squeaker

12 38.71%
  • Wylie by a bunch

9 29.03%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    All-American

Quote Originally Posted by panfan View Post
    Yep - it was an exciting game. Proud of or guys for kicking it into gear and only allowing AW one score in the second half and putting 13 on the board during that half. We had our opportunities to take this game. But we can't turn it over on interceptions and fumbles.

I'll never say refs beat us in a game, but they didn't help. We had several long runs and a TD called back due to "phantom holding" calls. Like I said, they didn't beat us, we and a very physical AW defense beat us. And you will never convince me that the first personal foul of the game was a legitimate personal foul for roughing the passer. 1. because the rougher was my son, and 2 cause it was so bang bang that just happened to occur right on top of the ref, he felt obligated to toss his laundry on the field.

AW - good solid game - best of luck to ya'll down the road - and maybe we might see you again!!!
    Pretty good assessment but I think ya'll got the better of the poor officiating--no way that was pass interference in the end zone. Absolutely the worst call I've see this year... the no block in the back call on that everyone in stadium except the refs saw on the long run down to the 1 yd line in the 3rd was close. The real difference in this game? No turnovers and our defense was well prepared to slow the Slot-T and hold them to 250-ish yards, force the Panthers to play from behind the entire game and pass the ball. Losing our leading rusher early was a big blow--kid is a talent, a legit 4.4 guy who could take it to the house on any play. Ask Burnet.

Practice Squad

Quote Originally Posted by slingshot View Post
    Pretty good assessment but I think ya'll got the better of the poor officiating--no way that was pass interference in the end zone. Absolutely the worst call I've see this year... the no block in the back call on that everyone in stadium except the refs saw on the long run down to the 1 yd line in the 3rd was close. The real difference in this game? No turnovers and our defense was well prepared to slow the Slot-T and hold them to 250-ish yards, force the Panthers to play from behind the entire game and pass the ball. Losing our leading rusher early was a big blow--kid is a talent, a legit 4.4 guy who could take it to the house on any play. Ask Burnet.
    Very true slingshot....AW running back can and did take it to house against us. I had AW taking this game. I imagine if you had not lost your RB the score would have been more. LH just plain and simple got beat by a much better team. To LH credit they will and should have a cake walk through their weak district.
    “What does it mean to be the best? It means you have to be better than the number two guy. But what gratification is there in that? He's a loser—that’s why he's number two.”

Quote Originally Posted by slingshot View Post
    No doubt that #32 (Kleffner??) is a good player.....and like you say, "a big blow" losing him during the LH game.....He definitely had a field day vs Burnet, but Wylie had the benefit of playing a Burnet team missing 4 defensive players that night.....that would be 4 "big blows" to the Burnet defense..(if I may borrow your term)......not trying to make excuses here just stating the facts...the game still has to be played with the cards that are dealt......Wylie whooped Burnet that night...and Burnet learned from it.....like a song says: "When you learn to lose, you know what it takes to win!"...If Wylie saw Burnet now it wouldn't be as easy....I guarantee ya brotha!...Hope whatever happened to Kleffner isn't bad and he'll be back on the field soon....he's fun to watch!!....

Practice Squad

Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    No doubt that #32 (Kleffner??) is a good player.....and like you say, "a big blow" losing him during the LH game.....He definitely had a field day vs Burnet, but Wylie had the benefit of playing a Burnet team missing 4 defensive players that night.....that would be 4 "big blows" to the Burnet defense..(if I may borrow your term)......not trying to make excuses here just stating the facts...the game still has to be played with the cards that are dealt......Wylie whooped Burnet that night...and Burnet learned from it.....like a song says: "When you learn to lose, you know what it takes to win!"...If Wylie saw Burnet now it wouldn't be as easy....I guarantee ya brotha!...Hope whatever happened to Kleffner isn't bad and he'll be back on the field soon....he's fun to watch!!....

Let's face it Cam....it's just fun to blow up a LH thread and get under their skin after a loss.... I hope for you AW folks that #32's injury is minor...prayers going out to him for a speedy recovery!!!
    “What does it mean to be the best? It means you have to be better than the number two guy. But what gratification is there in that? He's a loser—that’s why he's number two.”

All-State

Quote Originally Posted by BullDawgDad View Post
    Very true slingshot....AW running back can and did take it to house against us. I had AW taking this game. I imagine if you had not lost your RB the score would have been more. LH just plain and simple got beat by a much better team. To LH credit they will and should have a cake walk through their weak district.
    13 is pretty weak this year, 3 of your 6 teams enter district play with losing records. 4 of the 6 in 14 have winning records.
    LH also had players out, doesnt matter, you play who you can field. . I know that you were looking at the AW game to see how bad its going to be for Burnet if we meet in the play offs. None of that will matter in late November. You will easily make the playoffs from 13.
    You should relax and enjoy the season BDD.... Stop lying in bed at night and thinking about LH!
    3rdCROWN12/21/2018

Practice Squad

Quote Originally Posted by LHPfactory View Post
    13 is pretty weak this year, 3 of your 6 teams enter district play with losing records. 4 of the 6 in 14 have winning records.
    LH also had players out, doesnt matter, you play who you can field. . I know that you were looking at the AW game to see how bad its going to be for Burnet if we meet in the play offs. None of that will matter in late November. You will easily make the playoffs from 13.
    You should relax and enjoy the season BDD.... Stop lying in bed at night and thinking about LH!
    So sorry to disappoint you my day started at five so lying in bed wearing about liberty hill was the least of my worries. Now that my son is off playing Division I football I can concentrate on tormenting liberty Hill fans here on the board along with Cam and GreenDawg. Still..... Sorry about your loss!!! 4 and 1 still sounds better than 3 and 2. Good luck with the rest your season and until playoffs....... later.

Quote Originally Posted by LHPfactory View Post
    I personally, would be disappointed if we don't play LH this year.....Burnet owes em' one!......

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    I personally, would be disappointed if we don't play LH this year.....Burnet owes em' one!......
    And ya'll will be disappointed again just like last year.

BDD - Still feeling the sting of ya'll getting ya'll butt whipped from last season - in fact, I recall you smacking for two weeks leading up to that game, then not even a word afterwards... So you wanna get on here an now talk smack? AW smoked Burnet - it wasn't even close. Ya'll got beat by a much better team. We got beat by our own mistakes and a good defense. Took a trick play in the end to separate the score by more than 2 (and no offense AW - it was a really well executed play).

Now I'm not one to brag - but I'm looking forward to the bye week - Son, myself, and mamma heading to West Point to meet prospective coach, watch a game, and tour the campus. He is super excited about this opportunity and me and Mom are very proud of him.
    You Talking to Me?

BDD - Still feeling the sting of ya'll getting ya'll butt whipped from last season - in fact, I recall you smacking for two weeks leading up to that game, then not even a word afterwards... So you wanna get on here an now talk smack? AW smoked Burnet - it wasn't even close. Ya'll got beat by a much better team. We got beat by our own mistakes and a good defense. Took a trick play in the end to separate the score by more than 2 (and no offense AW - it was a really well executed play).

Now I'm not one to brag - but I'm looking forward to the bye week - Son, myself, and mamma heading to West Point to meet prospective coach, watch a game, and tour the campus. He is super excited about this opportunity and me and Mom are very proud of him.
    .....feelin' a bit "chippy" today panfan??.....does BDD get under your skin?.....relax....take a deep breath....and have comfort knowing that the new TIDE with bleach the Mrs. switched to will remove your underwear stains!!....it's all gonna be OK my friend!......

All-American

Beautiful area, you should be catching some of the beginning of the folige change. A little too close to D.C. to suit me. Been up here a few weeks between West Point and William and Mary. Has rained at least once a week for the past 3 weeks. Hope to bring some of it back with me. I'll be the one passing you on the Interstate with a I'm going to Texas grin on my face!

Brag away! That's awesome!!

Practice Squad

Enjoy the trip...recruiting visits are a lot of fun. We had lots of fun at all of the ones we went on.

As for last season I wouldn't call the LH win a butt whipping by any stretch of your imagination. As I remember we peaked a little better than LH at the end of the season and had a deeper run in the playoffs.

All-District

Wylie by 10
    If you can't have fun in life why live

Quote Originally Posted by BB BULLS View Post
    Wylie by 10
    LOL....good guess.

All-District

Quote Originally Posted by ccmom View Post
    LOL....good guess.
    yep thats how i am gonna do it from now on, wait till its over then make my pick
    If you can't have fun in life why live