• Wylie in a squeaker

12 38.71%
  • Wylie by a bunch

9 29.03%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    All-American
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by panfan View Post
    No apologies needed there Regal. I'm sure most got the jist of the meaning as did I. It was just a nice platform to start a response!!!!
    Most people will be disappointed with a loss since you go and play the game for the win, right. But I sure as hell won't be disappointed with a tough fought, close loss to a very good team. Now, if we lose because of too many mistakes, poor game planning, poor execution, etc. Then yes I'll be disappointed. But if we execute, keep the mistakes to a minimum, puts points on the board like we have been, then it will come down to whose defense makes the timely stops and gets their offense back out there or creates a turnover for that scoring opportunity. Against Brenham, we went score for score all night long, then they missed an extra point. That was the difference in the game. They had a six foot too tall receiver that despite our 5 foot too short guy covering him tight, had too much reach and they knew it and passed to him all night long. Anyway, your original post was good. Nice to know they got a big 'ol tight end that we need to be thinking about, but I'm sure the coaches have been looking at the film and taking that into consideration.
    I hate to tell ya, but that ain't the only tall receiver they got. #83 Dickinson WR/DB(6'5", 225), #85 Taylor TE/DE(6'3"), #86 Herndon TE/DE(6'2"), #87 Long WR/DB(6'4"), and #88 Gilliam WR/DE(6'4", 215) are a few others your Panthers might need to deal with. I don't know what kind of Gatorade they got over there in Wylie, but they better hang on to the supplier, haha.
    Yesterdays are gone forever and tomorrows may never happen, but today you have the opportunity to make a difference.

All-American
    Blog Entries

Evidently, some of the basketballers are also the receivers in football. I reckon they'll be tough in basketball this year, too.
    Yesterdays are gone forever and tomorrows may never happen, but today you have the opportunity to make a difference.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by regaleagle View Post
    Evidently, some of the basketballers are also the receivers in football. I reckon they'll be tough in basketball this year, too.
    That's cool. I like a pass happy team, just means we get to rush and pound the QB or at least make him hurry and make mistakes! Everybody we play is bigger than us.
    You Talking to Me?

All-American
    Blog Entries

Well, now that's another thing I forgot to tell ya about....their line. At least their biggest boy is only 290. NOPE....here's another one at 295. The rest are only about 250 or so. NOPE....here's one at 255 and another at 260. Hey, I'm not joking....it's right here in my Argyle program.

Blog Entries

Well, now that's another thing I forgot to tell ya about....their line. At least their biggest boy is only 290. NOPE....here's another one at 295. The rest are only about 250 or so. NOPE....here's one at 255 and another at 260. Hey, I'm not joking....it's right here in my Argyle program.
    I guess we are doomed then.
    You Talking to Me?

All-American
    Blog Entries

I guess we are doomed then.
    I'm telling you....this is one of the biggest, tallest teams I've seen fielded in quite a while at this level. I just don't know how Graham handled them, but the score was pretty darn close. Maybe there was some turnovers that played a big part, I dunno. But neither team made much headway on the other, and them Graham boyz ain't exactly small either.

All-State

We are Very Proud of our 8th grade A team for beating a very good 6A Westlake (HMS) 8th A team in an extremely physical ball game. What a great group of dedicated young men.
    They made LH proud!
    3rdCROWN12/21/2018

Blog Entries

I'm telling you....this is one of the biggest, tallest teams I've seen fielded in quite a while at this level. I just don't know how Graham handled them, but the score was pretty darn close. Maybe there was some turnovers that played a big part, I dunno. But neither team made much headway on the other, and them Graham boyz ain't exactly small either.
    regal, have you seen the LH team? They have got some good size and athletes as well. This should be a really good game.
    STEPHENVILLE YELLOWJACKET FOOTBALL
    STATE CHAMPS 1993, 1994, 1998, 1999, 2012, 2021

STEPHENVILLE HONEYBEE SOCCER
    STATE CHAMPS 2017, 2019

All-District

Quote Originally Posted by LHPfactory View Post
    beating a very good 6A Westlake (HMS) 8th A team

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hollywood View Post
    regal, have you seen the LH team? They have got some good size and athletes as well. This should be a really good game.
    We have a couple of boys that can play some ball.
    You Talking to Me?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LHPfactory View Post
    We are Very Proud of our 8th grade A team for beating a very good 6A Westlake (HMS) 8th A team in an extremely physical ball game. What a great group of dedicated young men.
    They made LH proud!
    Sounds like good things to come there factory - how's your oldest? heard he scrambled his noodle last week. Didn't hear that til this morning. I hope he's doing better.
    You Talking to Me?

All-State

Sounds like good things to come there factory - how's your oldest? heard he scrambled his noodle last week. Didn't hear that til this morning. I hope he's doing better.
    Yes, when he jumped that screen and hit the receiver during the 4th quarter last week, Doc caught him covering his eyes, he had a minor concussion. He is zeroed out now and will be back in action to practice during the Bye week(next week). I told him he is soft, we used to play with concussions in the 80's.... LOL
    3rdCROWN12/21/2018

Here is what Liberty Hill is bringing to the dance:

1. A moderate to better than average contingent of fans!
    2. 410 yards plus of offense per game
    3. Average scoring of 36 points per game (over 4 games) including 2nd string offense getting time and scoring.
    4. Giving up 33 (over four games). In the last two games, two TDs per game were given up late in the 4th quarter as 2nd string was in so, the mean doesn't reflect starters staying in the game.
    5. Nothing fancy, no trick plays, just run at you and make you stop us.
    6. Bent out of shape attitude that ya'll schedule us for your homecoming. Just tells us AW thinks they are gonna walk all over us.

Will this be enough against a powerful AW squad who has had a tough predistrict schedule? Ticks, Tick, tick................ Time will tell!!!
    on #2....that would be 409 yards rushing and 1 yd passing!!....

All-State

Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    on #2....that would be 409 yards rushing and 1 yd passing!!....
    Nope 410 yards rushing -1 yards passing !!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CAM on #2....that would be 409 yards rushing and 1 yd passing!!....

greendawg84;1825962
    Nope 410 yards rushing -1 yards passing !!!
    That would be an average of 43 yds passing per game thank you very much. Heck - we even threw enough in one game for an interception
    You Talking to Me?