1 3.23%
  • Wylie in a squeaker

12 38.71%
  • Wylie by a bunch

9 29.03%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by greendawg84 View Post
    Man I wish it was us ! Da Hill better get that D ready !
    Since you picked against us this week, I'm not talking to you...
    You Talking to Me?

All-State

Quote Originally Posted by panfan View Post
    Since you picked against us this week, I'm not talking to you...
    I had to get you riled up somehow .

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by greendawg84 View Post
    I had to get you riled up somehow .
    Oh you don't wanna get the panfan riled up.
    You Talking to Me?

Blog Entries

Here is what Liberty Hill is bringing to the dance:

1. A moderate to better than average contingent of fans!
    2. 410 yards plus of offense per game
    3. Average scoring of 36 points per game (over 4 games) including 2nd string offense getting time and scoring.
    4. Giving up 33 (over four games). In the last two games, two TDs per game were given up late in the 4th quarter as 2nd string was in so, the mean doesn't reflect starters staying in the game.
    5. Nothing fancy, no trick plays, just run at you and make you stop us.
    6. Bent out of shape attitude that ya'll schedule us for your homecoming. Just tells us AW thinks they are gonna walk all over us.

Will this be enough against a powerful AW squad who has had a tough predistrict schedule? Ticks, Tick, tick................ Time will tell!!!
    You Talking to Me?

All-American

Here is what Liberty Hill is bringing to the dance:

1. A moderate to better than average contingent of fans!
    2. 410 yards plus of offense per game
    3. Average scoring of 36 points per game (over 4 games) including 2nd string offense getting time and scoring.
    4. Giving up 33 (over four games). In the last two games, two TDs per game were given up late in the 4th quarter as 2nd string was in so, the mean doesn't reflect starters staying in the game.
    5. Nothing fancy, no trick plays, just run at you and make you stop us.
    6. Bent out of shape attitude that ya'll schedule us for your homecoming. Just tells us AW thinks they are gonna walk all over us.

Will this be enough against a powerful AW squad who has had a tough predistrict schedule? Ticks, Tick, tick................ Time will tell!!!
    As far as "scheduling Liberty Hill for Homecoming" goes, for as long as I can remember, Homecoming has always been the last non-district home game, which this year just happens to be Liberty Hill. But, it is always good incentive for a team to go in and mess up someones Homecoming. We will be here waiting.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nobogey72 View Post
    As far as "scheduling Liberty Hill for Homecoming" goes, for as long as I can remember, Homecoming has always been the last non-district home game, which this year just happens to be Liberty Hill. But, it is always good incentive for a team to go in and mess up someones Homecoming. We will be here waiting.
    Dang I wish ours was like that, seems to float around each year. No matter. YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT'S COMING!! (in my best Rocket voice!).
    You Talking to Me?

All-American

Dang I wish ours was like that, seems to float around each year. No matter. YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT'S COMING!! (in my best Rocket voice!).
    I wonder what ever happened to that little moron. Brownwoods first year in 3A and he started all that talk about "YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT'S COMING" bS. Turns out he was right. We had NO IDEA they would go 3-7. That was priceless.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nobogey72 View Post
    I wonder what ever happened to that little moron. Brownwoods first year in 3A and he started all that talk about "YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT'S COMING" bS. Turns out he was right. We had NO IDEA they would go 3-7. That was priceless.
    LOL... no clue. I need to give that dude a call.

Brownwood 08 had one of their all time best offenses but one of their worst defenses ever. Not a good combination obviously.
    STEPHENVILLE YELLOWJACKET FOOTBALL
    STATE CHAMPS 1993, 1994, 1998, 1999, 2012, 2021

STEPHENVILLE HONEYBEE SOCCER
    STATE CHAMPS 2017, 2019

I'd like for this to be a good game (and I hope it will be), but it's difficult to win in Abilene (Wylie or Shotwell). I think most of you know what I'm talking about.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by BwdLions View Post
    I'd like for this to be a good game (and I hope it will be), but it's difficult to win in Abilene (Wylie or Shotwell). I think most of you know what I'm talking about.
    No... please elaborate.

All-American
    Blog Entries

Wylie has a delimma.....two capable qb's. There's the senior J.T.Cary(6'0", 180) who has more experience(???). Then there's the junior Tyler Ward(6'2",195) who seems to have more upside potential. Ward is taller and therefore has a better vision of the field and his recievers, and he appears to be the better running threat. Then there's the big TE/DE Baylen Baker(6'5", 260) that should be getting more throws his direction....if for no other reason than he is a threat to the secondary. He's virtually uncoverable with his size(unless you have someone on him 6'3" or better....good luck on that). The million dollar question is which qb will the coaches decide on. They can't just keep alternating them forever....it's not good for the rest of the offense, and Sandifer knows that. There's 4-5 recievers/backs that Wylie has as weapons, and a bigger than most O-line. I thought they would defeat Graham, but that didn't happen. They've played a murderer's row early schedule, but Wylie should be the team doin' the murdering...just sayin'. Now they've got a very good Liberty Hill coming in to say "hello". Will this be the week the Wylie Bulldogs offense plays up to its potential? If so, LH will go home crying.

BTW>>>>I'm picking Wylie, again.
    Last edited by regaleagle; 09-23-2014 at 07:03 PM.
    Yesterdays are gone forever and tomorrows may never happen, but today you have the opportunity to make a difference.

All-American

Good points all. Our offense played it's best game last week IMHO. Balanced run/throw and controlled the clock with good long drives. Only one turnover and the D played stellar as it has all season--was told today all our opponets have been held to season lows scoring. IF our offense can put it all together (all the pieces are there) this team can have a VERY successful campaign...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by regaleagle View Post
    Wylie has a delimma.....two capable qb's. There's the senior J.T.Cary(6'0", 180) who has more experience(???). Then there's the junior Tyler Ward(6'2",195) who seems to have more upside potential. Ward is taller and therefore has a better vision of the field and his recievers, and he appears to be the better running threat. Then there's the big TE/DE Baylen Baker(6'5", 260) that should be getting more throws his direction....if for no other reason than he is a threat to the secondary. He's virtually uncoverable with his size(unless you have someone on him 6'3" or better....good luck on that). The million dollar question is which qb will the coaches decide on. They can't just keep alternating them forever....it's not good for the rest of the offense, and Sandifer knows that. There's 4-5 recievers/backs that Wylie has as weapons, and a bigger than most O-line. I thought they would defeat Graham, but that didn't happen. They've played a murderer's row early schedule, but Wylie should be the team doin' the murdering...just sayin'. Now they've got a very good Liberty Hill coming in to say "hello". Will this be the week the Wylie Bulldogs offense plays up to its potential? If so, LH will go home crying.

BTW>>>>I'm picking Wylie, again.
    Won't be no crying. If we come up short then we'll take the experience and learn from it. Knew coming in AW would be the toughest regular season game.
    You Talking to Me?

All-American
    Blog Entries

Won't be no crying. If we come up short then we'll take the experience and learn from it. Knew coming in AW would be the toughest regular season game.
    Bad figure of speech....I apologize to the team and the fanbase. They will be going home "disappointed". It should be one whale of a game.
    Yesterdays are gone forever and tomorrows may never happen, but today you have the opportunity to make a difference.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by regaleagle View Post
    Bad figure of speech....I apologize to the team and the fanbase. They will be going home "disappointed". It should be one whale of a game.
    No apologies needed there Regal. I'm sure most got the jist of the meaning as did I. It was just a nice platform to start a response!!!!
    Most people will be disappointed with a loss since you go and play the game for the win, right. But I sure as hell won't be disappointed with a tough fought, close loss to a very good team. Now, if we lose because of too many mistakes, poor game planning, poor execution, etc. Then yes I'll be disappointed. But if we execute, keep the mistakes to a minimum, puts points on the board like we have been, then it will come down to whose defense makes the timely stops and gets their offense back out there or creates a turnover for that scoring opportunity. Against Brenham, we went score for score all night long, then they missed an extra point. That was the difference in the game. They had a six foot too tall receiver that despite our 5 foot too short guy covering him tight, had too much reach and they knew it and passed to him all night long. Anyway, your original post was good. Nice to know they got a big 'ol tight end that we need to be thinking about, but I'm sure the coaches have been looking at the film and taking that into consideration.
    You Talking to Me?