• Stephenville by 14

0 0%
  • Alvarado in a squeaker

2 6.90%
  • Alvarado by 6

1 3.45%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default Alvarado (0-4) @ Stephenville (3-1)

Let's start with Alvarado. They are starting the season with 4 losses for the first time in a while. And it's not looking too good for them this week as they travel to Stephenville to take on a pissed off Jacket team. The Jackets lost in what turned out to be a Lubbock style shootout falling to Cooper HS 50-39.
    Last edited by hollywood; 09-20-2014 at 09:20 AM.
    STEPHENVILLE YELLOWJACKET FOOTBALL
    STATE CHAMPS 1993, 1994, 1998, 1999, 2012, 2021

STEPHENVILLE HONEYBEE SOCCER
    STATE CHAMPS 2017, 2019

Junior Varsity

Goodness tough road so far the Tribe.
    Godley Wildcat Football

Word is the Indians are working to prefect their read option plays after what LC did.

Junior Varsity

I love my Johnson county neighbor's but The Jackets are too strong for the Tribe this week. Tribe falls to 0-5 on the Season.
    Godley Wildcat Football

Quote Originally Posted by D'Highlander View Post
    Word is the Indians are working to prefect their read option plays after what LC did.
    Nah, we'll just come right at you!!
    The Indians are young in key positions..but getting better and should be ready to go on the warpath this Friday night!!
    Hollywood... My grandfather used to always say "better to be pissed off, than pissed on"!!

"THE HARDER YOU WORK, THE HARDER IT IS TO SURRENDER"-VL

All-District

This game will be very ugly by half. I know there are upsets but there wont be one for this game. I can see a shut out here.

Alvarado puts it together and wins 35-31 D-MO-4!!!

Honestly, the Indians are the very definition of "underdawgs" this friday..no matter how you slice it..it will be a struggle for our team to hang with the Jackets at this point in the season...bad luck, injuries, inexperience have all played a part in the Indians 0-4 start..but effort, determination, and pride has kept us in all those games till the end..we have been defeated, but not beaten. We will show up friday night, we will not be intimidated and you can expect supreme effort! I know for a fact, as a parent, that my son will stand tall and give every thing he's got to help his team succeed!! BLEED PURPLE,LIVE GOLD​!

FWIW we started 1-4 in 2009 and went to qtr. finals. Finish strong!
    Yellow Jacket for Life!

Junior Varsity

Good luck to the Tribe.
    Godley Wildcat Football

​I don't think The Ville will have much of a problem this week,,, Go Jackets Get UM #47

All-American
    Blog Entries

Somewhere along the way someone came up with this saying that "winning is everything".....but it's not. If that were true, the number of schools fielding athletic teams or even having an athletic program would be cut in half. Participation is everything, and striving for excellence when you do participate is a learned experience that usually has positive benefits that carry over into other other parts of your life. There's lots of reasons to play a football game, and winning is only one of them.
    Yesterdays are gone forever and tomorrows may never happen, but today you have the opportunity to make a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by briandumith* View Post
    ​I don't think The Ville will have much of a problem this week,,, Go Jackets Get UM #47
    they will have some problems this week. #47 having a pretty good year so far for the Jackets BTW.

All-State

Agree with Toddg. Indians have been competitive in every game. Same issues we have had the last few years. Giving up big plays that change the game, not converting in the red zone, too many 3rd and longs that result in first downs or TD's. Indians have a real chance to run the table in district (including Kennedale - call me crazy). Its not how you start its how you finish. This week is another opportunity to get better on defense and improve on offense. Wins and losses don't matter as long as your getting better. As far as the ville goes, Lubbock Cooper game only makes them better. You can expect them to be around late in the playoffs. Getting my wasp spray and cricket killing boots ready for Friday!

Quote Originally Posted by hollywood View Post
    Let's start with Alvarado. They are starting the season with 4 losses for the first time in a while. And it's not looking too good for them this week as they travel to Stephenville to take on a pissed off Jacket team. The Jackets lost in what turned out to be a Lubbock style shootout falling to Cooper HS 50-39.
    Meet and greet Friday night? Hollywood, refereedoc, Ville-D, Sville, Smitty and anyone else I missed.. Heck I'll even meet the fire away man JacketSwarm!! Ok and the Nebraska fan too!!