Hamilton Vs. Florence
    Rockdale - BYE

Cameron Yoe by 28
    Wall by 7
    Centerville by 10
    Academy by 21
    Florence by 17

Yoe by 7
    -- Questions: Does the sluggish game last week carry over/affect them this week? Some players looked pretty banged up last week, will they be back to 100%? Also, Yoe's OLine is nothing close to what they had in the past three years...major soft spot for a team that will have to rely on their O a lot more than they are used to in recent years. If we're going off of recent history I would say that is a non-issue, but recent history had a great mix of varsity experience on the field, that's not the case this year. Another concern with this team: I haven't seen anybody step up as that "lead by example" guy (i.e., Somari Wright) who's play dictated the mentality and physicality of the team. While this team is young, it worries me that someone hasn't stepped into this role yet over off-season or 2-adays...all late-November/December teams have one...they still have time though.

Lago by 14
    - Lago's D (aided by their clocking-churning O) has been pretty good at taming opposing O's so far this season, they'll see one they have some familiarity with in Wall. They also have a tendency to really show up for "big games"...I look for them to do that this week. Wall's D has been playing more like a wide open doorway so far in this young season (if you count scrimmages) and it makes me wonder if they'll have issue filling the void left by some studs on that side of the ball who have graduated. Sidenote...with all the running taking place, I bet this game is over in an hour.
    Troy by 17
    - Troy can score points...Centerville can give up points...Troy wins comes out on top, might be a little closer than this the the game @ Centerville though.
    Academy by 21
    - There are reports of Bee Swarms being sighted on Friday nights when Academy is on D!! All jokes aside, seems like they have improved on D, Salado is ready for basketball season already...
    Florence by 13
    - I'm going with Florence..only because I'd like to see them make the playoffs for the first time in over a decade (maybe longer...might have been late 90s if I remember correctly)

Quote Originally Posted by Yoe1109 View Post
    Yoe by 7
    )
    CORRECTION:
    Whitney by 14
    -- Uhhh...this Gilchrist kid is a stud at QB. Over 340 yds passing in all three games and 13 total TDs thus far?? Look out Yoe D. Whitney will be testing Yoe's D early and often with their quick strike O. I'm not sure Cameron will be able to keep up this week...especially if they're as banged up as they appeared to be against China Spring.

All-District

Sorry I was gone for a bit. But I would have been 100% right on my picks just to let ya know.��
    Rockdale Tigers 1976 2a state football champs