Practice Squad

Default Monahans vs Snyder

Anyone have any ideas on this game. I don't really know what Snyder has this year but it looks like Monahans is going to be pretty good again this year. Who you all got in this game.

All-American

Monahans big. By 28 at least.

Practice Squad

I'm thinking Monahans by at least 3 touchdowns.

Practice Squad

It should be interesting. Snyder and Monahans are not the best of friends the past few years. Usually a pretty physical game and always a surprise or two. That is what makes friday night football the best. I think 21 to 28 seems like a good number but have been surprised before with this match up. Go gringo.

Practice Squad

42-0 lobos roll

I've watched many Monahans/Snyder matchups when it was Owens vs. Rogers and most were
    slobberknockers but Rogers hasn't been there for a few years now and Snyder is under their
    third coach in three years I believe. So, I see Monahans rolling by four TDs.

All-American

Gonna be very wet tonight.

Snyder Tigers at Monahans Loboes

>> Time, Date, Place: 7:30 p.m., Friday, Estes Memorial Stadium.

>> Records: Snyder 1-1; Monahans 1-1.

>> Last Week: Snyder def. Slaton, 64-10; Big Spring def. Monahans, 33-32.

>> Radio: FM-98.3 (Monahans).

>> Internet: 98xfm.com (Monahans).

>> Last Season: Monahans 35, Snyder 34.

>> Snyder Key to Victory: Be sound on the offensive line against a Monahans defensive pass rush. Loboes’ Lucas Rodriguez and Jacob Strickland have a combined seven sacks this season.

>> Monahans Key to Victory: Win in the trenches. Establish the running game behind Jacob Lair and Nicko Jasso while containing Snyder’s rushing attack on the other side.

>> Snyder Player to Watch: Senior quarterback Kodi Maxfield finished 7-of-12 for 215 yards, two touchdowns and an interception through the air in Snyder’s win over Slaton last week. He added 86 yards and another score on eight carries.

>> Monahans Player to Watch: Senior Nicko Jasso has rushed for 294 yards on 21 carries this season, averaging 147 yards per game and 14 yards per carry.

>> The Coach Says: “When Monahans plays Snyder, you can watch film, but they’re usually going to play probably twice as good as they normally do — because it’s just Monahans versus Snyder. We expect them to be good.” — Monahans head coach Mickey Owens.

>> Notes: Owens said Wednesday that the Tigers are running a new offense under a new coaching staff this season, which features a bigger emphasis on the running game. “They’ve got a quarterback that runs the ball really well. A huge offensive line,” Owens said. “They’ve had a new coaching change so they’re running some new schemes. A little more option. We’ve got to be a little more disciplined on the pitch and the quarterback.” … The Loboes appeared to have the Big Spring game won last Friday, as Dylan Anderson scored with about two minutes left in the game — until the play was called back for holding. Big Spring picked off a Monahans pass on the next play, and the Steers held on. “Emotionally, it kind of drained us on Monday,” Owens said. “We need to rebound. We gave ourselves a chance, scoring late in the game, and then getting it called back, so that was kind of heartbreaking. But sometimes you learn more from a tough loss than you do a huge, huge win.”

http://oa.myteamscoop.com/news/13067...view-Capsules/

All-District

I counted only 25 players on Snyder's sideline.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Practice Squad

42 to 13 final Monahans

Quote Originally Posted by tex_male View Post
    I counted only 25 players on Snyder's sideline.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Did you include Black Magic?