Thread: T&p

Blog Entries

Default T&p

I never do this, but last night we had to put down our dog. She was 14 and it was just her time. She was the sweetest and I already miss her. Please say a prayer for my wife. It is really her dog and had had her since the 5th grade. Thanks downlow fam.
    #37 Ranked Downlow Poster- Coach

Quote Originally Posted by coach View Post
    I never do this, but last night we had to put down our dog. She was 14 and it was just her time. She was the sweetest and I already miss her. Please say a prayer for my wife. It is really her dog and had had her since the 5th grade. Thanks downlow fam.
    ahh man, sorry to hear that coach!...what kind of dog?....I inherited my daughter's dachshund when she moved to finish school...I can't believe I've grown so attached to this little dog!..She was the runt of the litter so she's pretty small.....Can't imagine not having her...she's just awesome...greets me at the door everyday when I get home like if she hadn't seen me in forever!....then she immediately runs to get her toy or ball so we can start playing...dang dog wears me out!!....sleeps right next to my pillow every night..and yes, I am occasionally awakened by one of her lightly scented farts!!..whew that's some powerful stuff!...my wife says I pay more attention to the dog!!...you talk about a watchdog!!....the other night she woke me growling at the foot of the bed...I got up, flicked on the lights and there it was!....A giant beetle walking across on the floor!....she actually heard that thing walking or something....I can't imagine the day we lose her...hopefully not for a while...she's only 2 years old...
    Cleopatra (Cleo)

All-American

Prayers for Coach and his wife. I lost my chocolate lab Shadow in 2010 almost 4 years ago to the day. He went with me everywhere. We used to hang out together on my sailboat. We'd get up in the cockpit at sunrise and I'd sip my coffee and watch the flamingos flying over the boat down in West Galveston Bay.He was 9 and had cancer. Now I have a wonderful Great Pyrenees male and an adoring little female lab mix who adopted us the day after Thanksgiving 2010. Dogs are the best. I'm sorry for your lose.

I'm so sorry Coach. Never apologize for asking for thoughts and prayers. Losing a pet is so hard. Prayers your wife is able to smile and talk about it soon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Isn't it strange that after a bombing everyone blames the Crazy Azz bomber(s), but after a shooting the problem is the gun?

Blog Entries

So for your loss brotha. We have had to put down 2 dogs in the last 4 years. Our male black lab 4 years ago who was 15 yrs old and our male Yorkie last year who was only 4. The Yorkie was extremely close to my wife, she was very heart broken and still is. But, now we've got an amazing female yellow Lab and a Morkie! Yeah, the Morkie is a Maltese/Yorkie cross. Actually looks like a miniature English Sheep Dog.

Wish you guys the best. Hang in there, it's tough.
    STEPHENVILLE YELLOWJACKET FOOTBALL
    STATE CHAMPS 1993, 1994, 1998, 1999, 2012, 2021

STEPHENVILLE HONEYBEE SOCCER
    STATE CHAMPS 2017, 2019

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    ahh man, sorry to hear that coach!...what kind of dog?....I inherited my daughter's dachshund when she moved to finish school...I can't believe I've grown so attached to this little dog!..She was the runt of the litter so she's pretty small.....Can't imagine not having her...she's just awesome...greets me at the door everyday when I get home like if she hadn't seen me in forever!....then she immediately runs to get her toy or ball so we can start playing...dang dog wears me out!!....sleeps right next to my pillow every night..and yes, I am occasionally awakened by one of her lightly scented farts!!..whew that's some powerful stuff!...my wife says I pay more attention to the dog!!...you talk about a watchdog!!....the other night she woke me growling at the foot of the bed...I got up, flicked on the lights and there it was!....A giant beetle walking across on the floor!....she actually heard that thing walking or something....I can't imagine the day we lose her...hopefully not for a while...she's only 2 years old...
    Cleopatra (Cleo)

She was a Dachshund as well. The hardest part is at night, bc she slept between my wife and I. Now it is just an empty spot. She would wait until I would go to bed before she got up from her pillow in the living room. Every night I would get up and ask, "Are you ready for bed?!" and she would jump up and follow me to the living room. So last night I got up and asked out loud "You ready for bed?!" and closed my etes trying to picture her following me to the bedroom.

My wife and I had 2 Dachshunds. The oldest died about 3 years ago. She was 18 years old. Just laid down and died. That was a tough loss. The other one is now 14 and she is having some health problems. (Cushions disease) It will break our hearts when she dies. I hope she just lays down and dies like the other one. If I have to have her put to sleep I don't know if I can. I know what you and your wife are going through. Time will heal. God Bless

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MUSTANG69 View Post
    My wife and I had 2 Dachshunds. The oldest died about 3 years ago. She was 18 years old. Just laid down and died. That was a tough loss. The other one is now 14 and she is having some health problems. (Cushions disease) It will break our hearts when she dies. I hope she just lays down and dies like the other one. If I have to have her put to sleep I don't know if I can. I know what you and your wife are going through. Time will heal. God Bless
    I alwys said I wouldnt want to put her down, but after I saw her in how much pain she was in I had to do it. She looked at us kinda like, ok guys... I am ready.

[QUOTE=coach;1822055]I alwys said I wouldnt want to put her down, but after I saw her in how much pain she was in I had to do it. She looked at us kinda like, ok guys... I am ready.[/QUO

I'm sure if push comes to shove I will get it done but it is going to kill me. Of all the dogs I have had in my 63 years I am attached to this one the most.

Blog Entries

[QUOTE=MUSTANG69;1822245]
    I alwys said I wouldnt want to put her down, but after I saw her in how much pain she was in I had to do it. She looked at us kinda like, ok guys... I am ready.[/QUO

I'm sure if push comes to shove I will get it done but it is going to kill me. Of all the dogs I have had in my 63 years I am attached to this one the most.
    Thats exactly how we felt. I know time heals all wounds, this ine is just going to take a little longer to heal.

[QUOTE=coach;1822260]
    Quote Originally Posted by MUSTANG69 View Post

Thats exactly how we felt. I know time heals all wounds, this ine is just going to take a little longer to heal.
    I cried like a baby and so did my 20 year old son when we had to put down his dog we got when he was 6 years old. We took her to the vet and he couldn't stay in there. He went to the truck. When I got to the truck we hugged each other and sobbed and sobbed. Reba our Red Healer is in doggy heaven if there is such a place. I miss her everyday and that has been 4 years ago.