Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    All-American
    Blog Entries

Default BYU @ TEXAS: Sat@ 6:30 PM on FOXS1

So I understand that Tyrone Swoops-t-do will be the starter, huh? Is Jerrod Heard on the Depth Chart at #3, or red-shirted? Starting 2 tackles were dismissed from the team, starting center gone for the season(but Raulerson from Celina is there).....I don't know what to expect, to be honest. I guess we'll find out this afternoon.
    Yesterdays are gone forever and tomorrows may never happen, but today you have the opportunity to make a difference.

All-American
    Blog Entries

My brother is calling this weekend "Cupcake Saturday", but this game between UT and BYU may be the exception.
    Yesterdays are gone forever and tomorrows may never happen, but today you have the opportunity to make a difference.

Junior Varsity

BYU is going to punish the Short Horns.
    Godley Wildcat Football

All-American
    Blog Entries

Swoopes will be (or should be) very athletic behind center today. Look for him to run with it some, kinda like being just another back. I don't think his passing abilities are that keen, from what I've read....I dunno. Maybe we'll be pleasantly "surprised" today....I sure hope so.

Texas "D" lights out. Coach Strong is letting Swoopes keep us in the game with his 5 yard dink and dunk passes. To get our talented RB's (Gray and Brown) involved and productive, he need's to make some 20+ yard attempts and completions. Coug's not respecting our passing ability and are crowding the box, hampering our running game. Gonna be a long year for my Horns I fear. We were hoping for a 6-7 win season, with all out, 3 tops. 5 career starts amongst our current O-liners. Killer. U look at Swoopes, can't help but think of Vince Young (body build wise) huh? Nothing like him. Like to see freshman Heard get in. Gonna lose this year, let him have control now, and you don't have to wait for him to get his feet wet when we have better players.
    YnoT us?

All-American
    Blog Entries

I don't see the "burning speed" that I thought Swoopes might have. He looks basically vanilla to me, with no particular strong points to lead a team like Texas with. I think Texas in this situation would be as well off putting in Heard and give him a chance to showcase his raw abilities. What's there to lose at this point? The front O-line obviously can't open holes for the backs, so it's gonna take the qb to create some plays. You can't win if you don't score.

Yikes!

Damn, looks like Texas just might get shut out at home....

All-American
    Blog Entries

With all the quality qb's coming out of high school in this state each year, there's just no excuse for Texas to be in the situation they are in.....quarterbackwise. Seems like they've had this problem for about 4 yrs. straight now. In today's college game, it's absolutely imperative to have a quality qb leading your team to wins. Teams without good qb's rarely end up in the Top Ten. Texas should be a Top Ten type team almost yearly....not every 5 yrs.

IMO...Ash would have made this a much closer game..que sara sara
    The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have..... Vince Lombardi

Taysom is pretty good....

I've seen enough of him already, lol.

All-American
    Blog Entries

Looks like Charlie Strong will find out this week about the Longhorn faithful....en masse. He'll get an earful, I'm sure. Welcome to Austin, Coach Strong. You either win here, or you'll endure the ire of one of the largest fanbases in college football. Maybe it will turn around as the season progresses, but maybe it won't. I just don't see much to get excited about with your regime so far, to be quite honest. Dismissing SOME of the players that deserved to be dismissed....that would be dismissed by most coaching staffs for their off the field activities....is understandable. But there is a such thing as pushing the envelope and causing undue friction within the team that just might break up some of the team chemistry that had previously existed....I really couldn't say. It just appears at this juncture that the "team concept" is non-existent. The players seem to be playing without "fire".....like they don't want to make a mistake. Good football teams don't play that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Roughneck93 View Post
    Yikes!

Damn, looks like Texas just might get shut out at home....

All-American
    Blog Entries

Looks like Swoopes needs tons of work....he's telegraphing every play to the defense. At this level, that's not the preferred way to go about things....unless you want to get your offensive weapons whacked.

Quote Originally Posted by Saggy Aggie View Post
    I bet you guys Texas gets blown out by BYU
    I hate to say I told you so, but....

All-American
    Blog Entries

Thanks for the tip genius, lol. So should I put my money on Red, or Black??? I know it's not that cut and dry, but almost in this situation, haha.