Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    All-District

Default Bellville at Caldwell

Well it is finally game week! I am hoping to make the trip to Caldwell to see what the Brahmas have. They started off pretty strong at the Needville scrimmage, then tapered off. With 11 new faces on offense, it will be hard to get them clicking week 1. The play of our senior quarterback Brady Zapalac has been impressive. He surprised me with his arm strength and poise. He can move around on his feet better than I though too! He has thrown some beautiful passes, we just need to find some guys who can catch it. That, and find some guys who will keep running under the ball. I am confident that will come as the weeks progress, hopefully sooner rather than later. I think the biggest question will be our RB's. They looked pretty solid in the scrimmage, but there is some definate fall off from last year, which was expected when you replace 2-3 three year starters. Higginbothem had a good first scrimmage and seems to be a good little RB. Marek has some Varsity experience and I love the way he runs. He is short and small, but definately muscular and runs much bigger than he is. He is tough and fun to watch. Defensively the Brahmas will be just fine. We have 6ish returning starters. I think our DL and LB's will be the strength, and teams will have a tough time running on the Brahmas. I expect big things out of our DE Strieder. He has started since his freshman year for us. Dylan Jackson at MLB will be another one to keep an eye on. He is short but brings a load when he gets to the ball. If he can learn the system after moving from DT, he could be a force to be reckoned with for us the next couple years. He is only a sophmore and started last year as a freshman. Unfortunately, unless Caldwell has made a major turn around, they will not be a good measuring stick for us. We need to go out and beat them handily to prove we are where we need to be week 1. Looking forward to a great game and hoping both sides are injury free! 42-7 good guys! GO BRAHMAS!

All-District

Having watched both scrimmages now, the defense will be the strong point for this years team. However, the offense is very week. Passing game is not there, no receivers, QB lacks arm strength. The offense will be the weak link for the team. When this team faces a good defense, they are in big trouble. I hope the offensive coord. can get out of his netural gear and put in a few more plays that we have been seeing the past years. I see more L's than W's for this years team.

All-District

I have to disagree with you. His arm, IMO, is good for a high school QB. Also, since Rowe has been here, our passing game has definately not been a big part of our offense. At all. The passing game will not determine our win/loss record. Our RB's and OL, along with the defense, will....

All-American

Bellville will win this one by 14+. Even though they are young their defense and special teams will keep them in the game and make some breaks allowing their offense room to score. might even be a blow-out.

Starter

I thought they did a very good job executing on offense in first scrimmage against Yoakum. Especially replacing 11 starters. That very unusual. The facl that Refugio had only one TD on first team against Yoakum should tell you Bellville will be just fine. Bellville by 3 TD.

All-District

Quote Originally Posted by bd62 View Post
    I thought they did a very good job executing on offense in first scrimmage against Yoakum. Especially replacing 11 starters. That very unusual. The facl that Refugio had only one TD on first team against Yoakum should tell you Bellville will be just fine. Bellville by 3 TD.
    Agreed. Also, I just read the Bellville Times write up and the 2 TD's scored on Bellville were on the 2nd team defense. Yes, Needville had their first team offense in. So in the live portion, 1's vs 1's, Bellville "won" 14-0.

Letterman

Good thing Bellville doesnt throw the ball. It could be sloppy at the Hornet's Nest if we get the predicated rain today.

All-American

All-District

that was ugly on the offensive side of the ball to many fumbles and no one can catch the ball, Rowe is gonna have to fix that. hell of job by the defense to just keep fighting
    If you can't have fun in life why live

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by BB BULLS View Post
    that was ugly on the offensive side of the ball to many fumbles and no one can catch the ball, Rowe is gonna have to fix that. hell of job by the defense to just keep fighting
    OK everyone is wondering if Caldwell is that good or did Bellville just not show up? the Hornets returned 8 starters on Offense and defense from their 1-8 2013 squad so I guess their more seasoned now. This was a real defensive battle all the way to the end. Special teams and a stout defense win it for the Brahmas.

All-District

Wow! Shocker. Really thought I'd see a blowout in this one
    Rockdale Tigers 1976 2a state football champs

All-District

I told you the offense is bad. Just wait until they play teams that can stuff the run. They cannot pass, slow white boys running the ball and an offensive coord. who does not know how to call plays. Like I said more L's this year than W's.

Quote Originally Posted by rancher View Post
    I told you the offense is bad. Just wait until they play teams that can stuff the run. They cannot pass, slow white boys running the ball and an offensive coord. who does not know how to call plays. Like I said more L's this year than W's.
    Ouch..

All-District

This offense is starting to look like the Doug Foster era when he destroyed the program.

Quote Originally Posted by rancher View Post
    It has nothing to do with"white kids" they are just not clicking yet on offense. And to compare the era is wrong. No need for bringing color into conversation they are still kids and none of them have Started a varsity game til last night. Rowe is a great coach and will do what needs to be done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk