Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    All-American

Default Week 5: Ingleside (4-0) vs Rogers (2-2)

This will be the first time these two teams have ever played. Rogers had a strong team in 2A last year, but I do not know what they are bringing back. They are 2-2 and have only put up a total of 41 points on the last 4 opponents, but they have only given up 81.

Hopefully the injury list for Ingleside starts shrinking now that they are nearing district play. Ingleside had over 117 yards in penalties against RF, that is usually enough to help you lose a close game like that. Ingleside D is making the stops when it counts in a bend, but don’t break fashion. The offensive looks to be hitting its stride now.

Any thoughts?

Rogers usually a quality opponent, year in and year out. I know last year, they lost to Refugio 73-72 in OT, deep in playoffs. A game Rogers kicker missed like 5 PAT's, and one with 2 or 3 seconds in regulation, that would of won it. They'll be a worthy opponent. But, IS wins by 20.
    Last edited by YTBulldogs; 09-20-2014 at 10:26 PM.
    YnoT us?

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by YTBulldogs View Post
    Rogers usually a quality opponent, year in and year out. I know 2 years ago, they lost to Refugio 73-72 in OT, deep in playoffs. A game Rogers kicker missed like 5 PAT's.

That game against Refugio was last year and I read on the 2A Forum that they lost a lot to graduation as well.

yeah, I corrected it.
    YnoT us?

Quote Originally Posted by 99IHSMustang View Post
    they lost a lot to graduation as well.
    O, ok. Hmmm, IS by 35 then.
    YnoT us?

All-District

That game against Refugio was last year and I read on the 2A Forum that they lost a lot to graduation as well.
    Yeah, I remember that crazy game. Heard the Rogers kicker had to find a ride home after the game. Coach Herring dropped him off. Girlfriend broke up with him. Poor kid. Ingelside rolls here, 55-7.

Practice Squad

Ingleside by a lot

Junior Varsity

Rogers is a little down this year because their head coach left during the summer, a new coach was brought in who decided to switch from the Slot-T to the spread, which was not working for Rogers. It is my understanding that since they have now moved to a I-formation, which is why there has been some improvement.

Thanks pirate44

Ingleside better go to this game ready to play. If they take Rogers lightly the Mustangs could come home a loser. Ingleside by 21.

All-American

I saw this on the Texas 4a Sports Forum and thought I would post here. This was originally posted by warcat82.

"So the Rogers eagles hired a new coach this year. He brought in the spread offense when Rogers only knew the slot t offense. The kids hated it, and after starting 0-2 including losing to Academy for the first time in a very long time, the parents and players tried to get him fired. He then told the players, "fine y'all think you can do better, run your own plays and call your own game against Troy and we will see what y'all do." Well the kids started running the slot t own their own and beat Troy, and this week they won too doing the same thing... I think that coach just killed his career by doing that, and for saying something that stupid. He needs to just resign and get out of Rogers because the players and parents will never respect him now."

Read more: http://texas4asports.com/thread/4243...#ixzz3EA5UIbOp

Interesting indeed

I saw this on the Texas 4a Sports Forum and thought I would post here. This was originally posted by warcat82.

"So the Rogers eagles hired a new coach this year. He brought in the spread offense when Rogers only knew the slot t offense. The kids hated it, and after starting 0-2 including losing to Academy for the first time in a very long time, the parents and players tried to get him fired. He then told the players, "fine y'all think you can do better, run your own plays and call your own game against Troy and we will see what y'all do." Well the kids started running the slot t own their own and beat Troy, and this week they won too doing the same thing... I think that coach just killed his career by doing that, and for saying something that stupid. He needs to just resign and get out of Rogers because the players and parents will never respect him now."

Read more: http://texas4asports.com/thread/4243...#ixzz3EA5UIbOp

Interesting indeed
    LOL. bonehead
    YnoT us?

All-American

LOL. bonehead
    If it is true, that is going to be tough to live that down. The kids just proved him all sorts of wrong.... ouch.

If it is true, that is going to be tough to live that down. The kids just proved him all sorts of wrong.... ouch.
    Maybe it's a sign of a good coach too? I seen some coaches, that will not change an offense to suit their kids ability.
    YnoT us?

All-American

Maybe it's a sign of a good coach too? I seen some coaches, that will not change an offense to suit their kids ability.

To me it comes across as him expecting them to fail. At any rate it was all on how it was handled. He got burned.... haha

Starter

To me it comes across as him expecting them to fail. At any rate it was all on how it was handled. He got burned.... haha
    if this is true this team will be even harder to beat, cause now they are out to prove their coach wrong each and every week.