Blog Entries

Default Navasota vs Nuevo León, MX

Navasota, where ya at? Haven't heard a peep from your peeps!

Playing a Mexican team this week? What's the word on the street on this game? How about this years team?

What say you you Rattlers?
    STEPHENVILLE YELLOWJACKET FOOTBALL
    STATE CHAMPS 1993, 1994, 1998, 1999, 2012, 2021

STEPHENVILLE HONEYBEE SOCCER
    STATE CHAMPS 2017, 2019

All-American

We know absolutely nothing about the opponent. However, we expect great things from the Rattlers this year. We return every skill position player on offense including a very capable QB, outstanding running back, receivers that include a junior Baylor commit, and several quality backups that got playing time last year. We have a pretty good offensive line. Our defense is the question with the loss of Jordon Wells in the line. We have strong LB's, and the secondary should be solid.

I think that this may be a very good year for the Rattlers. There are several really good looking kids coming up from JV and Freshman teams that were pretty darn good last year. Fedora has developed a really good pipeline of talent from the JH level on up and most kids are ready to step in and play when their time comes.

Navasota scored 15 TD's in two scrimmages this year and only allowed 1 against Bryan Rudder and Tomball, both 5A schools.
    In a perfect world, I would always be a winner---Why is it that I find it so hard to reach perfection???

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by OldBison75 View Post
    We know absolutely nothing about the opponent. However, we expect great things from the Rattlers this year. We return every skill position player on offense including a very capable QB, outstanding running back, receivers that include a junior Baylor commit, and several quality backups that got playing time last year. We have a pretty good offensive line. Our defense is the question with the loss of Jordon Wells in the line. We have strong LB's, and the secondary should be solid.

I think that this may be a very good year for the Rattlers. There are several really good looking kids coming up from JV and Freshman teams that were pretty darn good last year. Fedora has developed a really good pipeline of talent from the JH level on up and most kids are ready to step in and play when their time comes.

Navasota scored 15 TD's in two scrimmages this year and only allowed 1 against Bryan Rudder and Tomball, both 5A schools.
    Great to hear! I looked up Nuevo Leon, Monterrey, MX.

See link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monterrey

Prepa Tec isn't the only higher education institute in Monterrey, MX.

STATE CHAMPS 2017, 2019

Practice Squad

Last season they had to cancel games in TX. Cartel violence along the border, made travel dang near impossible. But, they aren't shy about scheduling some of our better TX teams. They've played Eagle Pass, Round Rock Stony Point, those kind of teams with the exception of last season.

Here is a link for their non-conference schedule.http://www.maxpreps.com/local/team/s...6-cf60f0499343

As Oldbison stated, we do expect good things from the Rattlers this season. From the two scrimmages, those have seen them have been impressed. The defense will need to get better if we want to make it out of region III. I'll have a better idea after Saturday's game.

All-American

I'm not sure if this is Prepa Tec or Monterrey Tech. If their mascot is the Borregos (translates to Rams) then the Rattlers will be in for a pretty hard fight.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TarponFanInNorthTexas View Post
    I'm not sure if this is Prepa Tec or Monterrey Tech. If their mascot is the Borregos (translates to Rams) then the Rattlers will be in for a pretty hard fight.
    This team is neither. Autonoma de Nuevo Leon, MX Tigres!

STATE CHAMPS 2017, 2019