This is my humble opinion after the scrimmages heading into the season.

Offensively, this team has looked the most polished of any in Coach Gillespie's tenure heading into the opener. I believe they will be better than the 2012 offense just in a different way. The 2012 group had 2 D1 athletes at WR and QB. The 2014 group has D1 athletes in the backfield and just the right mix at WR with a homerun threat at slot, big TE, big WR, and the other WR (Jr.-Darion Brown)catches everything and pretty dang quick. The 2012 OL had more size than this group but not more attitude ;-).

Defensively, the strength of this group is up front with 3 starters returning or starting at least 5 or more games last season. NG Reynolds is a force in the middle. The back 7 is all new with the exception of LB Gillespie. They looked to have overall more speed in the back 7 than last year. I believe this group is very comparable to the last 2 years which avg. giving up about 320 yards and 21 points a game.

Special teams, the return game will be solid. We look to have another good place kicker. Punting on the other hand looks to be a bit more eventful (15 or 50 yards).

Overall the 2014 Yellow Jackets definitely look like a legit title contender and as always health will be the main factor come playoff time.