Default Stephenville 2014

This is my humble opinion after the scrimmages heading into the season.

Offensively, this team has looked the most polished of any in Coach Gillespie's tenure heading into the opener. I believe they will be better than the 2012 offense just in a different way. The 2012 group had 2 D1 athletes at WR and QB. The 2014 group has D1 athletes in the backfield and just the right mix at WR with a homerun threat at slot, big TE, big WR, and the other WR (Jr.-Darion Brown)catches everything and pretty dang quick. The 2012 OL had more size than this group but not more attitude ;-).

Defensively, the strength of this group is up front with 3 starters returning or starting at least 5 or more games last season. NG Reynolds is a force in the middle. The back 7 is all new with the exception of LB Gillespie. They looked to have overall more speed in the back 7 than last year. I believe this group is very comparable to the last 2 years which avg. giving up about 320 yards and 21 points a game.

Special teams, the return game will be solid. We look to have another good place kicker. Punting on the other hand looks to be a bit more eventful (15 or 50 yards).

Overall the 2014 Yellow Jackets definitely look like a legit title contender and as always health will be the main factor come playoff time.
    Yellow Jacket for Life!

Quote Originally Posted by Sville View Post
    This is my humble opinion after the scrimmages heading into the season.

Offensively, this team has looked the most polished of any in Coach Gillespie's tenure heading into the opener. I believe they will be better than the 2012 offense just in a different way. The 2012 group had 2 D1 athletes at WR and QB. The 2014 group has D1 athletes in the backfield and just the right mix at WR with a homerun threat at slot, big TE, big WR, and the other WR (Jr.-Darion Brown)catches everything and pretty dang quick. The 2012 OL had more size than this group but not more attitude ;-).

Defensively, the strength of this group is up front with 3 starters returning or starting at least 5 or more games last season. NG Reynolds is a force in the middle. The back 7 is all new with the exception of LB Gillespie. They looked to have overall more speed in the back 7 than last year. I believe this group is very comparable to the last 2 years which avg. giving up about 320 yards and 21 points a game.

Special teams, the return game will be solid. We look to have another good place kicker. Punting on the other hand looks to be a bit more eventful (15 or 50 yards).

Overall the 2014 Yellow Jackets definitely look like a legit title contender and as always health will be the main factor come playoff time.
    attitude on the OL in HS football is essential to success!

"THE HARDER YOU WORK, THE HARDER IT IS TO SURRENDER"-VL

Quote Originally Posted by toddg View Post
    attitude on the OL in HS football is essential to success!
    You said a mouthful there. Lots of big ol creampuffs around but a good mean spirited OL is awesome.