View Poll Results: And the Winner is?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Abilene Wylie

7 35.00%
  • Argyle

13 65.00%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Even in a loss Wylie makes a statement with this game against Argyle losing by 6 with 5 turnovers, 2 of which led to Eagle TDs. It is going to be a fun district with the top 3 teams in 3-4A, Wylie, Sville, & Big Spring.
    Yellow Jacket for Life!

All-American

After time to reflect on this one a few observations: Argyle is big, physical and well-coached... No surprise there. Their passing game needs work, look like they miss Sadler. Wylie is loaded with talent, esp on the defensive side--other than two plays they pretty well shut the Eagles down. Too many mistakes on the offensive side doomed them even they showed flashes of brilliance and explosiveness. Dominating the stats does not equal a 'W'. Once the mistakes get corrected this could be a fun team to watch...

Quote Originally Posted by slingshot View Post
    After time to reflect on this one a few observations: Argyle is big, physical and well-coached... No surprise there. Their passing game needs work, look like they miss Sadler. Wylie is loaded with talent, esp on the defensive side--other than two plays they pretty well shut the Eagles down. Too many mistakes on the offensive side doomed them even they showed flashes of brilliance and explosiveness. Dominating the stats does not equal a 'W'. Once the mistakes get corrected this could be a fun team to watch...
    I agree Slingshot. Wylie will be a team to contend with this year. They will give their opponents all they can handle. One item of note that I think is worth mentioning. I keep hearing about the mistakes Wylie's offense made but little about how well the Argyle Dline played. I can think of 3 of the turnovers that were either directly caused by Argyle dlinemen or was the result of extreme pressure, including both scoop and scores. The game Friday night was a war. Both are big, strong teams and it was a hot and humid night. Argyle's O certainly sputtered all night. Oline and QB didn't play particularly well though, credit should also go to the Wylie D. I think it is still going to take some time to determine how good both these teams are but based on what I saw, the future is bright...... if both work out a few kinks.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Aguilafanatico View Post
    I agree Slingshot. Wylie will be a team to contend with this year. They will give their opponents all they can handle. One item of note that I think is worth mentioning. I keep hearing about the mistakes Wylie's offense made but little about how well the Argyle Dline played. I can think of 3 of the turnovers that were either directly caused by Argyle dlinemen or was the result of extreme pressure, including both scoop and scores. The game Friday night was a war. Both are big, strong teams and it was a hot and humid night. Argyle's O certainly sputtered all night. Oline and QB didn't play particularly well though, credit should also go to the Wylie D. I think it is still going to take some time to determine how good both these teams are but based on what I saw, the future is bright...... if both work out a few kinks.
    Argyle had a lot to do with it--they won the game and deserved to do so. Period. Just saying the mistakes Wylie made cost them dearly. Not going to win many when you turn the ball over 5 times...