Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Abilene Wylie

7 35.00%
  • Argyle

13 65.00%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Aguilafanatico View Post
    I drove through Stephenville yesterday coming back from Austin. I didn't see any marijuana plants but sounds like Hollywood may know where to find them.

Quote Originally Posted by hollywood View Post
    Funny how all the sudden we have the Gilmerites picking Argyle by as many as they want. Maybe because they got beat by them last season? lol

Wylie by 7 this year, easily.
    we have been beat down by Carthrage a number of times...I sure don't pick them...no shame getting beaten by a better team...shameful to be beaten by a lesser team...2 losses last year...Kilgore & Argyle...we would get 'em this year in Div 1
    buckeyebob

All-American
    Blog Entries

I haven't seen the team this year yet, but knowing how Coach Rodgers operates....I'm expecting his son Cooper will manage this year's offense with few mental mistakes. There's some speed in the backfield and then there's Ralston. Quality recievers at Argyle have never been a problem since these boys have been in the spread all their lives. Argyle has a couple of good linebackers in Sweatt and Ralston, and a pretty good front line on both sides of the ball. I'd say the secondary and kicker positions are the ones that will need the most work this season....just guessing from what was lost to graduation. You've got the Aune brother playing, the Boyzuick brother playing, 3 of the coaches son's playing, and a whole host of young talent that were either backups last season that saw lots of action, or JV'ers that went undefeated and now it's their time to shine. So that's what I don't know so far. And then there's this 6'4" 220 lb. D1 commit to Clemson that's only a junior named JC Chalk that will have to be considered. That player is also a basketball star....so I reckon he could play just about anywhere is my guess. Just so happens he's Gene Stallings grandson....a chip off the ol' block.
    Last edited by regaleagle; 08-25-2014 at 08:26 PM.
    Yesterdays are gone forever and tomorrows may never happen, but today you have the opportunity to make a difference.

All-American
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by regaleagle View Post
    I haven't seen the team this year yet, but knowing how Coach Rodgers operates....I'm expecting his son Cooper will manage this year's offense with few mental mistakes. There's some speed in the backfield and then there's Ralston. Quality recievers at Argyle have never been a problem since these boys have been in the spread all their lives. Argyle has a couple of good linebackers in Sweatt and Ralston, and a pretty good front line on both sides of the ball. I'd say the secondary and kicker positions are the ones that will need the most work this season....just guessing from what was lost to graduation. You've got the Aune brother playing, the Boyzuick brother playing, 3 of the coaches son's playing, and a whole host of young talent that were either backups last season that saw lots of action, or JV'ers that went undefeated and now it's their time to shine. So that's what I don't know so far. And then there's this 6'4" 220 lb. D1 commit to Clemson that's only a junior named JC Chalk that will have to be considered. That player is also a basketball star....so I reckon he could play just about anywhere is my guess. Just so happens he's Gene Stallings grandson....a chip off the ol' block.
    And for all you airport junkies out there.....our center's real name is Austin Bergstrom, no joke.
    Yesterdays are gone forever and tomorrows may never happen, but today you have the opportunity to make a difference.

We now have a poll.
    Once a Bulldog, Always a Bulldog

Sweeny All Time Record 514-305-28

GATA - A Sweeny Tradition Since 1980

1944, 45, 46, 47, 48, 60, 61, 66, 67, 82, 83, 84, 86, 88, 89, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 2000, 01, 05, 06, 08, 09, 10, 11, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21

All-American

Thanks! I'm not computer oriented enough to post a poll... anyway, I think Wylie pulls off the upset and wins by 7. Our 6'5" 225 lb and 6'4" 210 lb WR's and 6'4" 250 lb TE will give them fits in the short passing game. That will open up running lanes for our small, fast backs. Defense is ready and loaded. Should be a good one.

All-American
    Blog Entries

Sounds just yummy. I'm sure Wylie will be equally impressed with the "new" speed on the Argyle side of the ball....not to mention some of the athletic ability that has been reloaded just in the nick of time for a team just like the Wylie Bulldogs. Yep, at Argyle we really care about the longterm needs of our opponents.

Blog Entries

Sounds just yummy. I'm sure Wylie will be equally impressed with the "new" speed on the Argyle side of the ball....not to mention some of the athletic ability that has been reloaded just in the nick of time for a team just like the Wylie Bulldogs. Yep, at Argyle we really care about the longterm needs of our opponents.
    STEPHENVILLE YELLOWJACKET FOOTBALL
    STATE CHAMPS 1993, 1994, 1998, 1999, 2012, 2021

STEPHENVILLE HONEYBEE SOCCER
    STATE CHAMPS 2017, 2019

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by slingshot View Post
    Thanks! I'm not computer oriented enough to post a poll... anyway, I think Wylie pulls off the upset and wins by 7. Our 6'5" 225 lb and 6'4" 210 lb WR's and 6'4" 250 lb TE will give them fits in the short passing game. That will open up running lanes for our small, fast backs. Defense is ready and loaded. Should be a good one.
    Good grief... what are y'all feeding those boys over there?!
    STEPHENVILLE YELLOWJACKET FOOTBALL
    STATE CHAMPS 1993, 1994, 1998, 1999, 2012, 2021

STEPHENVILLE HONEYBEE SOCCER
    STATE CHAMPS 2017, 2019

All-American

Not sure what that means, other than RegalE has moved to either Colorado or Washington.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by hollywood View Post
    Good grief... what are y'all feeding those boys over there?!
    The best that money can buy!

Quote Originally Posted by slingshot View Post
    Sounds like that Bulldog feeding slush fund nobogey set up at his bank is paying dividends. Good grief! Dem some big boys!
    "Kaizen"

".......offense wins games, but DEFENSE wins championships!"

P.R.I.D.E.

Gilmer Buckeyes -State Champions:

2004 3A - Division II
    2009 3A - Division I
    2014 4A - Division II
    2023 4A - Division II

All-American
    Blog Entries

And I was happy having Chalk at 6'4'' 220 as a receiver for Argyle. At Wylie, I guess that's the "normal" size.....or you better be darn good if you're shorter, haha.

All-American

And I was happy having Chalk at 6'4'' 220 as a receiver for Argyle. At Wylie, I guess that's the "normal" size.....or you better be darn good if you're shorter, haha.
    Actually we rarely have big recievers--just lucked out this year... maybe we should move some of them to the line!

All-American
    Blog Entries

Too many turnovers by Wylie tonite killed their chances. The junior qb #18(6'2" 195) is in my opinion Wylie's best qb. He took over duties in the 2nd half and I'ma thinkin' he won the job as the starter tonite. He just looked more polished as a passer and moves better. He's bigger and stronger than the Sr. starter, and has this year and next. Wylie will win lots of games this season and has potential out the kazoo. Man is that team BIG across the board....on both sides of the ball. Argyle played tough defense, hit 'em hard, and capitalized on some fumbles that Argyle caused to happen. Wylie and Argyle offenses both need work and fine tuning. Both defenses look pretty tough.