Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Dub-C View Post
    Wharton during controlled scrimmage kept rolling there first team back in on Columbia's 2nd team. So they looked very dominate. Bwhen they went 1's on 1's it was a different story during the live quarters. It turned out to be more of battle 2-2 on TD's.
    Is Wharton not as strong as some think or is WC stronger than expected?
    Once a Bulldog, Always a Bulldog

Sweeny All Time Record 514-305-28

GATA - A Sweeny Tradition Since 1980

1944, 45, 46, 47, 48, 60, 61, 66, 67, 82, 83, 84, 86, 88, 89, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 2000, 01, 05, 06, 08, 09, 10, 11, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21

Letterman

A little of both I suspect.
    Don't take it personal, just take it!

I think just based on all the skill players for Columbia coming back, the necks should be much better

All-American

Didn't make it to the scrimmage in Wharton but talked to a few folks that went said it was pretty evenly played. The Tigers will have their work cut out for them when the open the season on Friday on the road against Cuero

Good to hear. Hopefully that means both of these teams are going to be strong this year

Junior Varsity

Quote Originally Posted by Dub-C View Post
    Wharton during controlled scrimmage kept rolling there first team back in on Columbia's 2nd team. So they looked very dominate. Bwhen they went 1's on 1's it was a different story during the live quarters. It turned out to be more of battle 2-2 on TD's.
    Wharton first team was not in on the twos, most of the guys on the second team were sophmores and freshman, especially at linebacker and in the secondary.. But during game situation Columbia stepped up and competed very well against the speed....Columbia's QB will be a force this year

Letterman

Quote Originally Posted by WhartonTigers View Post
    Wharton first team was not in on the twos, most of the guys on the second team were sophmores and freshman, especially at linebacker and in the secondary.. But during game situation Columbia stepped up and competed very well against the speed....Columbia's QB will be a force this year
    Didn't Wharton wear numbers?
    Don't take it personal, just take it!

Junior Varsity

The people on the texas2A site seem to think that this is a weak West Columbia team that wont give Halletsville a fight. I think they will see how good the Roughnecks are friday night. Necks by 10z

I think I've decided I'll be there Friday