13. Garrison
    14. Poth
    15. Paul Pewitt
    16. Blanco
    17. Cooper
    18. Leonard
    19. Hughes Springs
    20. Jarrell/Edgewood
    I think S & S Rams should be somewhere in there in Dll. S & S returns most if their oline and has a great running back to replace Willie Winborne. S & S could be better this year with a more rounded team vs running the ball with Winborne 45 times a game.

You may have a point. I have Gunter & Leonard ahead of them, but S&S had a fantastic regular season, beating both of them during district play. Gunter & Leonard both return a lot, but if S&S does indeed improve, they could be the favorite in the district.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoe_09 View Post
    You may have a point. I have Gunter & Leonard ahead of them, but S&S had a fantastic regular season, beating both of them during district play. Gunter & Leonard both return a lot, but if S&S does indeed improve, they could be the favorite in the district.
    At this point on paper I would give Gunter the edge because they return everybody, but I wouldn't be surprised if S & S beats them again. Leonard lost way to much to be a top 20 team although they will be good just not top team material. I look for the S & S and Gunter to roll up Leonard this year. S & S also returns a lot of defensive starters and a Jv team that I believe went 10-0 or 9-1 I can't remember.

All-District

I think Blanco might be way better than 16. they got some good looking athletes and 8 and 8 returning.

Quote Originally Posted by Gone Fishing View Post
    I think Blanco might be way better than 16. they got some good looking athletes and 8 and 8 returning.
    You could very well be right. 3A DII region IV is not very deep this season. Refugio & Rogers are gone, so that really leaves 3 teams for me that should contend for the regional title:

1. East Bernard
    2. Poth
    3. Blanco

East Bernard has huge question marks on both sides of the ball, having just a couple of guys returning. I have heard their JV was very talented, so maybe they will just reload. Poth & Blanco are very close for me. If EB does struggle somewhat this year, then it will be one of these two as they both have a solid core coming back.

Junior Varsity

I expect Grandview to run roughshod through their district and go 2 rounds deep into the playoffs.

All-American
    Blog Entries

Not at all sure about Hallettsville this season, esp. after the transfer of their senior star qb Kowalik to Goliad this summer. They also lost 16 seniors from last years team, including 9 linemen, and may be challenged in their district by guess who....Goliad. Goliad returns 14 starters, but lost their senior qb Dalton Sturm to graduation after losing to McGregor in the 2nd round last season. They could be a dark horse in D1 to keep an eye on. Kowalik threw for 41 TD's for Hallettsville last season, but his Dad takes the position at Goliad as the new GHS principal.
    Yesterdays are gone forever and tomorrows may never happen, but today you have the opportunity to make a difference.

All-District

Lago and Troy need to be moved down on your list. Teague moved up in the top 10 for sure
    Rockdale Tigers 1976 2a state football champs