Thread: 2A Ball

Default 2A Ball

I work some Fridays at 2A games, used to be 1A. Hope we can get some folks in here to talk about 2A, good ball played at that level...

Played on the 2A level and is also my favorite level to watch. Hope this takes off! Go Punchers!
    The Trashman

Our best game as a crew came last year with Perrin-Whit vs Munday. First district game double OT win for Munday. And I played ball at Santa Anna which is now 1A (sixman) so I know all about small town (ironman) football. And some very interesting fields. LOL
    If Everyone would agree with me then we would all be RIGHT!

All-District

Covering Hico's games is one of my beats and I'm really looking forward to their run this season. I'm not sure if they can make it all the way to AT&T Stadium, but regardless I know I'll have a few more than ten games this year.

Quote Originally Posted by caleb_mccaig View Post
    Covering Hico's games is one of my beats and I'm really looking forward to their run this season. I'm not sure if they can make it all the way to AT&T Stadium, but regardless I know I'll have a few more than ten games this year.
    I call several hico subvarsity games each year, so I also follow them as well. Also they are in the same district as Goldthwaite which is where my brother lives so I have to keep up so I can give him Hell. lol
    If Everyone would agree with me then we would all be RIGHT!

Practice Squad

I like to try to keep up with Falls City football but confess that I don't know that much about them this year other than they're young and developing. Seems like they always have good athletes and great community support. It will be interesting to see what they do this year.

Seen Refugio yesterday. They just plug in replacements and go. Of course, you lose a QB like "Q" it hurts somewhat. They are still very talented and mouthy. Also heard a rumor, Shiner might spread it out some this year. It's 8 miles away, I'll try to confirm. Can't see Coach Cerny spreading anything out over there. What, 25+ years running the rock effectively? But, never thought Devine would go out of shot gun at times either under Coach Quisenberry. But, times change and you have to adapt to your kids ability.
    YnoT us?