Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    CentralTxFan

Smile Support your 3A bands Monday Nov 4th

Okay everyone. I know this is football but a 3A State event is coming up Monday Nov 4th. The state 3a marching contest and we should all support our "teams" that made it to these "playoffs". After all what is a high school football game without the band? These kids work as hard as the kids on the field and they too should be recognized. There are some holes in the schedule because of a cancelled competition in one region but here is the list so far of who will be in Waco on Monday. The TBA's will be filled in as soon as the competition is completed. What do you think Spaniard, puppetmaster? How does Burnet stand?

SCHOOL PERFORM

Canyon HS 9:30
    TBA 9:45
    Burnet HS 10:00
    Rusk HS 10:15
    Canton HS 10:30
    TBA 10:45
    BREAK 11:00-11:15
    Robinson HS 11:15
    Cleveland HS 11:30
    Whitesboro HS 11:45
    TBA 12:00
    Monahans HS 12:15
    Princeton HS 12:30
    LUNCH 12:45-1:30
    Brownfield HS 1:30
    TBA 1:45
    Lindale HS 2:00
    China Spring HS 2:15
    Wylie HS 2:30
    TBA 2:45
    VERIFY 3:00-3:15
    ANNOUNCE 3:15

eye of the tiger

I have seen both the Robinson and Canton bands and they are both awesome. Of course to make it that far they are all good.

Puppetmaster101

Thumbs up

Burnet will do exetremly well if they just fix a few problems I'm not at liberty to say cause then I'd be a hypocrite. I can tell you 1 thing though one of the reasons that we got to state was just because of that show. Our isn't flashy like some schools here but its exciting and patriotic. If we can just keep our interval we could end up mabye even in top 5 or if we're lucky top 3 in state. Im sure China Springs would agree with us.

bigdawg06

i am gonna be there, good luck burnet, kick bottie!!

*** Ejected Player ***

I was at the Area B show on Saturday and I have to say that Wylie and Canton should both be in the finals at State. Canton beat Wylie by 2pts. Wylie show has improved greatly over the two weeks since region and I am confident that they will fix the 2 or 3 remaining minute details. Right now, I think that Canton has to be considered the favorite to win state. They were 2nd in 2000, 3rd in 1998, and were named the 3A Honor Band for the 2002-2003 school year. With Hidalgo no longer being able to dominate 3A like they did for much of the 90's, that makes Canton the "favorite" to win it all. However don't count out Wylie and Princeton. Princeton had a solid show but their downside was that it wasn't very exciting. Wylie's show is just rockin, especially the closer. I know I may sound biased, but I really enjoyed their show at Area, Robinson should be very good as usual and I think that maybe even Brownfield and Burnet could advance to finals. It is really a toss-up as to who will advance besides Robinson and Canton. I think that those are the only two that are really "locks" to make finals unless something goes wrong in Prelims on Monday.

Who else is going to be there on Monday? We should try and set up some sort of get together for after prelims or something. Let me know if anybody is interested.

CentralTxFan

Adidas...I have really been thinking about something...Did you notice how few bands are advancing to state this year? I wonder how many will be in the finals? There will only be 18 bands competing so in my opinion, the 18 that will be there are already really, really good. Let's leave it at that. wink Area E will have their competition on Wednsday so we will have to wait and see the final 5 semifinalists.

I will be there Monday, hoepfully. As the saying goes...God willing and the creeks don't rise!!!

BIG19

CentralTxFan....The number that went to state was dependant on the number of bands that made 1's in their regionals. From what I was told, there had to be 20 bands in the contest, last Saturday, for 5 bands to continue on to state. Any less than that, there would only be 3 bands continue, as was the case. Question for you though, the results will be read a 3:15. Is this just the prelims and then the finalist march again? I am new to this whole band thing. Thanks

*** Ejected Player ***

You are somewhat correct there. The number of bands that advance to state does depend on the # getting 1's at region. The number that advance from area works like this: If there are 15 bands or less then 3 bands advance. (2 bands if 15 or less in 5A) After that, for every 5 bands in the area contest, then 1 more band will advance to state. Also, any band receiving a ranking of 3 or higher (4 if 4 bands are advancing, 5 if 5, etc.) from 2 music judges and 1 marching judge will also advance to state. When they announce the results at 3:15ish, they will announce the top 7 or 8 bands and they will come back that night for finals, which usually starts around 6:30 to 7:00. The judges for finals are different that prelims.

RocketFan

Good Luck to them all! But I'm pulling for the "Pride of the Blue" Go Robinson

cts76325i@skool

Exclamation

"After all what is a high school football game without the band?"
    Now i like the band but what you sound like you are saying is that the football needs the band(if you don't mean that then quit reading). i don't see it this way i see it as the band is dependent of the football program. with out a football team there would be no band. now i like band they do make the game more enjoyable but they do not make the game.

CentralTxFan:
    Okay everyone. I know this is football but a 3A State event is coming up Monday Nov 4th. The state 3a marching contest and we should all support our "teams" that made it to these "playoffs". After all what is a high school football game without the band? These kids work as hard as the kids on the field and they too should be recognized. There are some holes in the schedule because of a cancelled competition in one region but here is the list so far of who will be in Waco on Monday. The TBA's will be filled in as soon as the competition is completed. What do you think Spaniard, puppetmaster? How does Burnet stand?

SCHOOL PERFORM

Canyon HS 9:30
    TBA 9:45
    Burnet HS 10:00
    Rusk HS 10:15
    Canton HS 10:30
    TBA 10:45
    BREAK 11:00-11:15
    Robinson HS 11:15
    Cleveland HS 11:30
    Whitesboro HS 11:45
    TBA 12:00
    Monahans HS 12:15
    Princeton HS 12:30
    LUNCH 12:45-1:30
    Brownfield HS 1:30
    TBA 1:45
    Lindale HS 2:00
    China Spring HS 2:15
    Wylie HS 2:30
    TBA 2:45
    VERIFY 3:00-3:15
    ANNOUNCE 3:15

*** Ejected Player ***

[QUOTE]Originally posted by cts76325i@skool:
    [QB]"After all what is a high school football game without the band?"
    Now i like the band but what you sound like you are saying is that the football needs the band(if you don't mean that then quit reading). i don't see it this way i see it as the band is dependent of the football program. with out a football team there would be no band. now i like band they do make the game more enjoyable but they do not make the game.

For you to say that "with out a football team there would be no band" is quite assanine. Band and football are two totally seperate entities. Instrumental preformances were around a LONG TIME before football as we know it was created in this country. Marching bands were around a long time before football as well. You can trace the roots of "marching music" back to military conflicts that go back many hundreds of years. Marching band is merely one facet of the overall band program. For most bands, marching season only lasts from August to early November and then they spend the rest of the year in concert season. Obviously band does not need another activity to thrive on the rest of the year and it is quite obvious that they ARE something w/o football. eek!

Puppetmaster, you're right. I have seen Burnet's show, very moving - awesome. Good show on Monday...

CentralTxFan

What I was trying to say is this....a high school football game without a band there playing music for the fans to get them pumped up even more is kinda sad. Case in point...our game last friday against wimberley. After halftime the band packed up and left so they could get a head start home because of the competition on Saturday. The stands were really quiet, music wise. But yes you are correct you DON'T have to have a band to have a football game. But also, you don't have to have a football team to have a marching band. I think the band ADDS something to a game. Think of a touchdown without the fight song being played. Think of not hearing your school song being played before the game, and after.

Best Wishes in Area to the Port Isabel Silver Tarpon Band
    and the La Feria Lion Band!!!

CHS_QB_24

I've been a varsity player for three years now and am going to have played in 30 games. There's still one thing that makes a Friday night a Friday night and that's Mr. Aikman's Lion band. Castleberry's band is awsome and they proved it two years ago, getting 3rd in state.