Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Texas Baseball

All-American

Default Texas Baseball

Texas 0 California 7

So much for Augie talking about a much improved team as far as scoring runs and entitlement, I hate to say it but I think it has more to do with the talent and coaching that is there right now. The hitting the last three years is just down right pitiful, most all teams in the Big 12 have better hitting teams then Texas. Augie needs to start recruiting players that can swing the bat big time, to much small ball in that big of a park. Let the players grip it and rip it, yes it is a big park but so are the power alleys. just my 2 cents.

It's one game.

Administrator/Owner LH Panther Mom's Avatar

I'm certainly not a UT fan, but with the proximity to Austin, I do keep up with the Longhorns. Honestly, when was the last time that UT had what would be considered a successful baseball season by the Longhorn faithful? Five years? Seven-eight years? IMO, Augie's needed to be replaced for awhile.

Blog Entries

Augie is a poc. He needs to go. Cant stand him. Wouldnt play for him if you payed me. Ill never forgive him for what he did in the College Ws
    #37 Ranked Downlow Poster- Coach

Ranked 275th in the nation in scoring last year. You would think they will improve on that??

Horns had four freshman starting last night. Not sure if they had anything to do with the five Texas errors that led to six unearned runs.

Doubleheader today....Hook 'Em!

Texas loses game 1 of today's doubleheader....2-1.

Game 2 coming up shortly.

Texas wins the last two games of the series....6-2 on Saturday night and 5-0 on Sunday.

Nice to see them bounce back. The pitching has always been there.

How many one run games did they lose last year? It was an outrageous number if I recall. But that was last year. Forget about it.

One of Texas's pitching coaches made a comment one time that Texas plays with 21 outs and the other team playes with 27 because of Augies foundness of small ball.

All-American

I do not have a problem with playing small ball, the problem Texas has had year in and year out is getting clutch two out hit's which adds to the small ball game. Many times after starting innings off with small ball , it can lead to big innings. Just need players that can come thru in the clutch, hopefully this years team can produce those type of players. Texas definitely has the pitching to do well this year, it will boil down to their hitting to make it to Omaha.

Quote Originally Posted by hookandladder View Post
    I do not have a problem with playing small ball, the problem Texas has had year in and year out is getting clutch two out hit's which adds to the small ball game. Many times after starting innings off with small ball , it can lead to big innings. Just need players that can come thru in the clutch, hopefully this years team can produce those type of players. Texas definitely has the pitching to do well this year, it will boil down to their hitting to make it to Omaha.
    There's that "Omaha" word again. LOL.
    YnoT us?

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by YTBulldogs View Post
    There's that "Omaha" word again. LOL.
    That is what is expected each year at Texas, Omaha or bust.

Letterman

Five Texas pitchers combined for an eight-inning shutout and four Longhorns had multiple-hit nights as No. 18 Texas routed Texas A&M Corpus Christi, 10-0, Tuesday night in the 2014 home opener at UFCU Disch-Falk Field.

The Longhorns (3-2) continued a dominant start to the season on the mound, where eight pitchers have combined for a 17 1/3 scoreless inning streak. In its three-game winning streak, Texas has allowed just two runs, and on the year, the staff owns a 0.86 ER

Robinson alum Chad Hollingsworth was among one of the pitchers who helped in the combined shutout.

Letterman

Giddings alum Brooks Marlow was one of the Longhorns that had multiple hits.

Forgot to put that in my original post.

Nice win today against Stanford