Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    All-District

Default Lock Resigns from Gonzales AD

Gonzales Cannon is reporting that Coach Lock has resigned to accept a similar position with Southside in San Antonio. Wish you well, Coach.
    Last edited by Gontex; 01-28-2014 at 05:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gontex View Post
    Gonzales Cannon is reporting that Coach Lock has resigned to accept a similar position with Southside in San Antonio. Wish you well, Coach.
    Good luck to Coach Lock.
    "GO MEAN GREEN"
    When we're bad, we're good. When we're good, we're BAD !
    767-380-38

Yes, I too wish him well. Great coach.
    YnoT us?

All-District

I can't believe anyone would quit another job to walk into that mess of crap at Southside.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by rb585 View Post
    I can't believe anyone would quit another job to walk into that mess of crap at Southside.
    You guys should follow me on twitter..lol I had the Gonzales newspaper beat by eight hours on that one..

My guess is Coach Lock was looking for a little more financial security now that both his children have graduated. He basically promised his wife on her death bed that their kids would finish school in Gonzales.

Letterman

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew328 View Post
    You guys should follow me on twitter..lol I had the Gonzales newspaper beat by eight hours on that one..

My guess is Coach Lock was looking for a little more financial security now that both his children have graduated. He basically promised his wife on her death bed that their kids would finish school in Gonzales.
    Ricky is a super good dude. Everyone has their reasons for going wherever they go. I'm sure Ricky is no different. He has his reasons and I wish him well. Good luck Ricky!!! Southside kiddos will benefit from being coached by this man.

Quote Originally Posted by Crow22 View Post
    Ricky is a super good dude. Everyone has their reasons for going wherever they go. I'm sure Ricky is no different. He has his reasons and I wish him well. Good luck Ricky!!! Southside kiddos will benefit from being coached by this man.
    I sure hope Coach Lock stays on the site with his new gig.
    Once a Bulldog, Always a Bulldog

Sweeny All Time Record 514-305-28

GATA - A Sweeny Tradition Since 1980

1944, 45, 46, 47, 48, 60, 61, 66, 67, 82, 83, 84, 86, 88, 89, 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98, 99, 2000, 01, 05, 06, 08, 09, 10, 11, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21

I was very disappointed when I heard about Coach Lock's resignation. IMO, he was a great fit for Gonzales and he possessed the toughness that was needed to turn our program around and put a stop to a lot of the nonsense that took place prior to his tenure. His leadership took the Apaches to 2 out the 3 state quarterfinal appearances in the school's history....pretty impressive! Thanks Coach Lock for the exciting Friday nights in Apache Nation and best of luck in SA! If anyone can turn that program around he can!

All-American

That should be pretty easy to do around our parts when most small town papers come out once or maybe twice a week, Coach Lock is a really solid Coach. Loves all sports, wish him well.

Starter

What is twitter..

All-American

Gonzales and Southside are two totally different schools with different kind of students, community etc. Wish coach Lock the best with a challenging program

You better win at hoops in Gtown.
    YnoT us?

Gtown basketball talent is really lean right now and has been for a couple years.. Maybe the next coach will have 5 sons that are super hoopers.. Basketball will be average at best there!!

True Lom. RL sure had a solid football program going.
    YnoT us?

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by YTBulldogs View Post
    You better win at hoops in Gtown.
    That's very sad to hear, Coach Lock deserves more. That would never happen at LG, I am curious how long we will be able to keep our AD/HC. A couple solid years here in LG, got to wonder with our facilities how long he will stay.