Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Snotbubbles View Post
    SA, you go to A&M, that say's much more IMO. LOL.
    Lol, so you think there's a better qb in this draft?

All-District

Quote Originally Posted by Saggy Aggie View Post
    Lol, so you think there's a better qb in this draft?
    Just as good. About half a dozen I'd take. But, not with the first overall take. With the depth in this draft at QB (might be a reason JM waits a year too, I might add. Would not be surprised he returns to A&M), I'd take Clowney #1 (heads and shoulders above other DL'ers IMO). Then, if I was Houston, I'd take a WR with my #2 pick. Johnson is getting old. Then in 3rd to 6th rounds, I'd take a AJ McCarron type QB that should be available.

Based on needs, I don't see Houston taking a QB before 5th round myself. I agree, it's deep this year with NFL caliber QB's in this draft. I can see a couple defenders going with their first 3 picks really. Or, 2 OL'ers following their #1 pick, if they want to shore that up before worry about a QB. Too many issues of concerns more important than a QB that they can get in mid rounds.
    YnoT us?

Just as good. About half a dozen I'd take. But, not with the first overall take. With the depth in this draft at QB (might be a reason JM waits a year too, I might add. Would not be surprised he returns to A&M), I'd take Clowney #1 (heads and shoulders above other DL'ers IMO). Then, if I was Houston, I'd take a WR with my #2 pick. Johnson is getting old. Then in 3rd to 6th rounds, I'd take a AJ McCarron type QB that should be available.
    So you'd draft a DE with JJ watt, Antonio Smith and Whitney Mercilus (1st rd pick 2 years ago) on board? Smart.

Half a dozen qbs as good as Manziel?? Ok...

All-District

So you'd draft a DE with JJ watt, Antonio Smith and Whitney Mercilus (1st rd pick 2 years ago) on board? Smart.

Half a dozen qbs as good as Manziel?? Ok...
    Yes, and I'd move a player or trade. None as good as Clowney IMO. Regards to QB's, it's the NFL. His running around ability don't work here. It's been proven time after time. So, not sure Manzel is really the best QB coming out. If he comes out at all. Everyone caught up in his running around magic tricks, that NFL speed will eat up. Ask RG3 and several others in the past. He's good, but--not top NFL caliber they want IMO.

Yes, and I'd move a player or trade. None as good as Clowney IMO. Regards to QB's, it's the NFL. His running around ability don't work here. It's been proven time after time. So, not sure Manzel is really the best QB coming out. If he comes out at all. Everyone caught up in his running around magic tricks, that NFL speed will eat up. Ask RG3 and several others in the past. He's good, but--not top NFL caliber they want IMO.
    Good thing he's a pass first qb

And DE is probably the only position that Houston doesn't need at all

All-American

I don't think his style of play fits into the NFL, I also don't think he has the frame to deal with hits he could take in the league. Houston needs to go OL big time. This isn't a strong qb draft, especially with #1 pick.
    **<Current Month> Hot Girl of the Month**

Quote Originally Posted by Old Tiger View Post
    I don't think his style of play fits into the NFL, I also don't think he has the frame to deal with hits he could take in the league. Houston needs to go OL big time. This isn't a strong qb draft, especially with #1 pick.
    His style. Like the pinpoint accuracy and incredible touch he's shown?

His passing has been incredible. Everyone wants to just talk about his running around in the nfl, but everyone seems to overlook how much better his passing was.
    Judge a man by his questions rather than by his answers.

-Voltaire

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
    His style. Like the pinpoint accuracy and incredible touch he's shown?

His passing has been incredible. Everyone wants to just talk about his running around in the nfl, but everyone seems to overlook how much better his passing was.
    He throws simple concepts

He throws simple concepts
    All colleges run much simpler systems than the nfl. All the guys in the nfl were once in college too.

I follow several former nfl scout types on twitter. To a man, they all raved about his accuracy and arm strength.

-Voltaire

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
    All colleges run much simpler systems than the nfl. All the guys in the nfl were once in college too.

I follow several former nfl scout types on twitter. To a man, they all raved about his accuracy and arm strength.
    Guess we will see at the next level when those windows get even smaller. I just don't think he is as accurate as people say.

Guess we will see at the next level when those windows get even smaller. I just don't think he is as accurate as people say.
    Lots of folks that do it for a living like him. But who knows. There are tons of examples on both sides. Remember Brady was a 6th rounder. It's pretty much a crap shoot.

-Voltaire

All-District

Good thing he's a pass first qb

And DE is probably the only position that Houston doesn't need at all
    SA, you gotta take them blinders off girlfriend. Just picture Clowney on one end, JJ on the other, and maybe one of those other's you mentioned at another DL or LB position? Or, trade to gain more draft picks one of those other's. If you followed Clowney at all, you've seen what a player he is. Last year, he had single blocking on him and had amazing totals. This year, not a single game did he face less than two blockers on him at all times. Times even 3 and 4 blocking him. He's a beast. I'm aware you love your boy from the college you attend. But, Manzel isn't the smart play for Houston. It's a heart pick for you. I understand. Houston is ok now at QB anyways. Shore up the OL and we'll be moving it consistently once again.

Regards to Clowney this year. I have no clue why the Old Ball Coach didn't move him around prior to snap to help disrupt the pre-snap blocking schemes teams had game planned against him. Decrease those double, triple+ blockers trying to contain him too. In the NFL, they can't afford to double him as much. Or, Mr. Watt and Company will make them pay the price in doing so.

Bill O'Brien on QBs...

All-District

It would be the ideal situation if the Texans can find a way to trade their pick. I wouldn't even mind if Dallas found a way to get up there without giving up to much to get Clowney. It would probably take three first round picks though.