Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    All-American
    Blog Entries

Default New Years Eve Chick Fil-A: Texas A&M vs. Duke in the Georgia Dome

Looks like the Dukey Boys may present some problems for this weak ATM defense. If Manziel and the offense don't pull up the slack, it may be an embarrassing night for the Ags like it was for the Horns. Only difference was most Longhorn fans wanted to see Mack fail, and the matchup against a very good Oregon team is a little different than playing the Dukey Boys of the ACC.
    Yesterdays are gone forever and tomorrows may never happen, but today you have the opportunity to make a difference.

All-State

2 Big penalties on Evans already. Don't agree with the 2nd one.

All-American
    Blog Entries

So there it is....ATM and Manziel scores in 4 plays. That's how they'll need to do on offense to win this one. I don't think you can count of the Aggie D to do their part against this Duke offense. Sumlin better have some defensivie recruits coming in this fall. Manziel may stay another season....it's still up in the air at this point. He may be better off waiting for one more season.
    Yesterdays are gone forever and tomorrows may never happen, but today you have the opportunity to make a difference.

All-American
    Blog Entries

Now Duke burns ATM defense with a 79 yd TD bomb to Crowder on a 3-play drive. I don't know if the Ags can cover Crowder and put enough pressure on the Duke qb....he's pretty good when he has time. And he can launch some long ones....he appears to have a fairly strong arm.

With all the ribbing of Texas by Aggie supporters I must admit it would sweet to see the Duke basketball team finish this off. Wait, I meant football.

All-American
    Blog Entries

LOL, TT that was almost funny....but we all knew you were poking fun. At least the Ags just scored again to keep the game within 2 TD's. It looks like this one will be all offense. That's the best way for ATM to win it. If the Blue Devils could play D, the Ags would be in big trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Tejastrue View Post
    With all the ribbing of Texas by Aggie supporters I must admit it would sweet to see the Duke basketball team finish this off. Wait, I meant football.
    52-48.
    Didn't finish it off

"If I have one, I'll have 13"---Blake Shelton

Quote Originally Posted by bigwood33 View Post
    This was a great game to watch, entertaining to the end. If Manziel enters the draft, we will get to see just what kind of a coach Sumlin really is. Manziel was like "found money" and many times over the last couple of years it was his greatness that elevated the Aggies. Unless Sumlin commits to recruiting and developing a defense, look for a couple of 6-6 or 7-5 seasons coming up.
    Congrats to former Whitesboro QB/Point Guard/2nd Baseman Travis Labhart on a great game! What a great kid from a great family!
    Commits to recruiting?

How you been following his classes this year and last?

Quote Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
    Commits to recruiting?

How you been following his classes this year and last?
    Lol 2nd ranked class in the nation...

Quote Originally Posted by Saggy Aggie View Post
    Lol 2nd ranked class in the nation...
    I know. Call me when a Sumlin team strings together a few solid defensive performances in a row. I have been an Aggie fan since the mid '70's but get ready for the top recruiting classes to dry up after Manziel leaves and the Aggies out together back to back 7-5 seasons.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by bigwood33 View Post
    I know. Call me when a Sumlin team strings together a few solid defensive performances in a row. I have been an Aggie fan since the mid '70's but get ready for the top recruiting classes to dry up after Manziel leaves and the Aggies out together back to back 7-5 seasons.
    They were a few minutes away from 8-5.

It will be interesting to see how things go once that new car smell wears off.
    **<Current Month> Hot Girl of the Month**

Quote Originally Posted by Old Tiger View Post
    They were a few minutes away from 8-5.

It will be interesting to see how things go once that new car smell wears off.
    They were also a few minutes away from 10-2 with basically a front 7 made up of virtually all 18year old freshmen. And Manziel was hurt a good part of the year.

Ut is fearful of what Sumlin is building and for good reason.

The nfl doesn't decend upon your school two years in a row sniffing around your head coach if hes not the real deal.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
    They were also a few minutes away from 10-2 with basically a front 7 made up of virtually all 18year old freshmen. And Manziel was hurt a good part of the year.

Ut is fearful of what Sumlin is building and for good reason.

The nfl doesn't decend upon your school two years in a row sniffing around your head coach if hes not the real deal.
    schiano
    **<Current Month> Hot Girl of the Month**

schiano
    Lol.
    Judge a man by his questions rather than by his answers.

-Voltaire

schiano
    Tampa Bay front office is just stupid though