Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    All-District

The trouble about the UT / ATM game is it pits Brother Texan against Brother Texan in my opinion. It has almost built a hatered between the two schools over the years.
    Down deep we are all TEXANS.... We bleed burnt orange, maroon, purple, green, blue, etc.......
    We also have common dislikes... Sooners, Tigers, etc.....

All-District

Quote Originally Posted by Aesculus gilmus View Post
    I trust the silly-looking professor in the bowtie is speaking for himself.

Texas A&M is not really a Texas school anymore. It is in the "Southeastern United States" quadrant of the country. It definitely belongs in the SEC and I applaud its move to secede a few years ago.

Its unique culture and its peculiar traditions (the saying I've always heard about Aggieland is "From the outside looking in, you can't understand it. And from the inside looking out, you can't explain it") are much more akin to those of the Deep South and are pretty much totally alien to the rest of Texas, ESPECIALLY the area around Austin. (The home of the "liberals," as Jaxon Shipley's dad proclaimed them while doing color commentary during the Argyle-Wimberley state title game of 2011.)

I am really looking forward to the Aggies' rivalry game with LSU Saturday, although it would be better if it were played at night, as it always was in my youth.

These are two land-grant universities with much in common. LSU is a much more natural rival than the so-called "TU" they used to play. I suppose I should rename the Louisiana school "USL" to drive home the reverse alphabetic insult to those in Baton Rouge (or is it Rouge Baton).
    Can you really call it a rivalry though? A&M hasn't beaten LSU in 18 years lol.

Granted A&M dominated in the 90's haha.

ATM needs to play tu and Baylor not only in Football but in baseball and basketball. Nothing bettter than a Baylor-ATM baseball game.

Quote Originally Posted by caleb_mccaig View Post
    Can you really call it a rivalry though? A&M hasn't beaten LSU in 18 years lol.

Granted A&M dominated in the 90's haha.
    Renewal will work. ATM has played LSU more than any other school outside of tu, Rice and Baylor.

All-District

Well I will say that the past two games, the College Station one last year and the Cotton Bowl a few years back were both good games. Looking forward to Saturday! Probably going to be a shoot-out unlike last year.