Default A pic of two former Sweetwater coaches on the Baylor sideline.

Got this off of a status that Coach Gonzalez was tagged in on Facebook. Thought it was pretty cool.
    Briles is obviously one of the two but not many will recognize the coach he is shaking hands with in
    the pic. It's W.T. Stapler who was the HC when we won the 1985 4A state championship.

All-State

I recognized him as I played in Andrews while he was coaching there. He retired from Andrews, went to Carlsbad, then to Brownwood where he handed the coaching job over to Freeman.

Letterman

Truly awesome to see Coach Briles in that picture and moment. We would run through a brick wall for him in High School, the man inspires and makes you believe right along with him. He has the entire coaching community at his back right now. What a great picture. He is the opposite of all things college football blue blood and I love it!

Practice Squad

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetwater Red View Post
    Got this off of a status that Coach Gonzalez was tagged in on Facebook. Thought it was pretty cool.
    Briles is obviously one of the two but not many will recognize the coach he is shaking hands with in
    the pic. It's W.T. Stapler who was the HC when we won the 1985 4A state championship.

Oh what memories I have with those two Great coaches!

Quote Originally Posted by 95mustang View Post
    I recognized him as I played in Andrews while he was coaching there. He retired from Andrews, went to Carlsbad, then to Brownwood where he handed the coaching job over to Freeman.

Yep, any idea how long he was at Andrews?

Practice Squad

Stapler was in Andrews from 1987-1993. Ironic his last game as Andrews coach he lost in the 1993 class 4A quarterfinals to Stephenville and Art Briles. Coach Stapler, coach Lebby, coach Cowart, coach Springston all coached with WT at Andrews. Lebby and Springston eventually had successful stints as Andrews HC and AD as well