Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by coach View Post
    If Baylor wins out they have a legit shot. But I think OK State beats them.
    No shot unless teams start losing. Even then I could see FSU losing to UF and still being ahead of BU. FSU is #1 in the computers and Alabama is #1 in the human polls. BU's was at .660 (9th) in the computers and Stanford was already at .790 (t5th) before beating Oregon. Texas did the same thing to OU that BU did so I don't see them getting extra love from voters.

I am sometimes mistaken, but I am never wrong.

People who buys Macs are stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Weebe View Post
    Conspiracy theories are fun, but do you think Baylor is better than Alabama, Florida State, Stanford, Ohio State or Oregon?

I'd say they go 1-4 if they played those teams at best.
    Disagree... I say 4-1. Pick the one.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by OLE'BULL View Post
    How would they surpass Alabama, FSU, and OSU if none of them lose? I could see them passing Stanford MAYBE since they have the one loss? I dont know, the BCS is impossible to figure out! I just dont think they will get there, unfortunatly
    If they all go undefeated they wont, but if Baylor takes care of business its possible 2 of those teams lose. Hell, bama might lose tomorow.
    #37 Ranked Downlow Poster- Coach

Blog Entries

I think there is certainly a bias against Baylor. But it isn't an intentional or malicious bias. It's a bias that was created by a long, long history of mediocrity from Baylor. The Baylor football program will have to overcome this bias with a lot of years of being competitive. We don't see this kind of bias against the Baylor girl's Basketball team do we? It takes a long time and lot of winning to earn the benefit of a doubt.....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Farmersfan View Post
    I think there is certainly a bias against Baylor. But it isn't an intentional or malicious bias. It's a bias that was created by a long, long history of mediocrity from Baylor. The Baylor football program will have to overcome this bias with a lot of years of being competitive. We don't see this kind of bias against the Baylor girl's Basketball team do we? It takes a long time and lot of winning to earn the benefit of a doubt.....
    boom. he hit the nail on the head with this post
    #37 Ranked Downlow Poster- Coach

No they have to overcome it by scheduling a decent team in their out of conference. Their hardest opponent the next 6 years is SMU... If they had played a top 25, or even someone with some name recognition earlier in the year they would be in the conversation. Right now their biggest win is against a team that got embarrassed by Texas. The Baylor's girl basketball team had the Michael Jordan of women's basketball on their team and they play in a sport with a playoff so a bias on who makes it to the championship game can't exist.

All-District

Quote Originally Posted by Emerson1 View Post
    No shot unless teams start losing. Even then I could see FSU losing to UF and still being ahead of BU. FSU is #1 in the computers and Alabama is #1 in the human polls. BU's was at .660 (9th) in the computers and Stanford was already at .790 (t5th) before beating Oregon. Texas did the same thing to OU that BU did so I don't see them getting extra love from voters.
    Baylor still has ranked teams on their schedule. If they win out they will move ahead of Stanford in the computers and any human would be biased if they didn't put them ahead of a Stanford team with a bad, bad loss (and I really like Stanford). Alabama and FSU are far from being locks to win out. Ohio State's schedule makes Baylor's look like they play in the SEC. It will be a joke if Ohio State plays for the NC. IMO Baylor playing for the NC is possible if they win out in impressive fashion and Alabama or FSU slip up. Wouldn't surprise me if LSU makes this a reality tomorrow. Baylor is the best college team in Texas so I'd like to see them get a shot at a NC. If it was A&M, TCU, TT, UT or any other TX team I'd feel the same way.

All-American
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by icu812 View Post
    Baylor still has ranked teams on their schedule. If they win out they will move ahead of Stanford in the computers and any human would be biased if they didn't put them ahead of a Stanford team with a bad, bad loss (and I really like Stanford). Alabama and FSU are far from being locks to win out. Ohio State's schedule makes Baylor's look like they play in the SEC. It will be a joke if Ohio State plays for the NC. IMO Baylor playing for the NC is possible if they win out in impressive fashion and Alabama or FSU slip up. Wouldn't surprise me if LSU makes this a reality tomorrow. Baylor is the best college team in Texas so I'd like to see them get a shot at a NC. If it was A&M, TCU, TT, UT or any other TX team I'd feel the same way.

Good post, icu812. That's pretty much the way I feel, too. And the scenarios you outlined above are all very possible. That gives us something to still hang our hats on going forward in the rest of this season. Baylor DOES still have a shot....and that's all you can ask at this juncture.
    Yesterdays are gone forever and tomorrows may never happen, but today you have the opportunity to make a difference.

THE same as TCU in Daltons QB Days. They should have had a better BCS game
    If Everyone would agree with me then we would all be RIGHT!

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by oldtownag View Post
    ESPN hates Baptist!
    oldtownag I admire the Baptist Church.

Thank you PPHSfan and Keith7!

Letterman

I totally agree.

Quote Originally Posted by PhiI C View Post
    oldtownag I admire the Baptist Church.
    Me too but you can't take em fishing.
    Carthage Bulldogs

2008, 2009, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2020, 2022

9 X State Football Champs

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by waterboy View Post
    Playoffs anyone? It's time, in my opinion. BCS is based on polls and computers. One thing they can't do is measure heart. Neither can they measure matchups without "assumation".
    Baylor probably wouldn't even get in that....

It'd be Bama, FSU, Ohio St, Stanford

What is happening to Baylor right now is why Art Briles needs to be at a school like Texas. If their jersey was Texas they would be beloved by the voters and get the benefit of the doubt.

Letterman

Quote Originally Posted by Weebe View Post
    i think All 5 of those teams would be favored over Baylor. I believe They may upset one.
    Fify

Quote Originally Posted by Old Tiger View Post
    Baylor probably wouldn't even get in that....

It'd be Bama, FSU, Ohio St, Stanford

What is happening to Baylor right now is why Art Briles needs to be at a school like Texas. If their jersey was Texas they would be beloved by the voters and get the benefit of the doubt.
    The computers have no bias and they all hate Baylor. OU's high ranking from the computers is solely because of the win over ND. Which refers back to a point I made earlier about Baylor needing to make it to SMU isn't their toughest OoC opponent the next 6 years/