Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Practice Squad

Default The sad, unfortunate truth

I'm a Baylor fan, but I know we are not gonna get a shot at Pasadena even if we run the table.

The reason is ESPN...they own the rights to the BCS games and they are gonna get what they want and think will get them the highest ratings. Their bias was obvious during coverage of Oregon and Stanford. They refuse to include BU when talking about possible scenarios.

Pretty sad how biased the once proud network has become

I'm out

I guess you have not heard of the Longhorn channel.

Look conspiracy talk is fun...but BU will miss about because of the computers..not some ESPN driven agenda
    Sideline To Sideline Show Each Week at https://lonestargridiron.com/categor...-to-sideline//

All-District

Conspiracy theories are fun, but do you think Baylor is better than Alabama, Florida State, Stanford, Ohio State or Oregon?

I'd say they go 1-4 if they played those teams at best.

Practice Squad

Quote Originally Posted by Weebe View Post
    Conspiracy theories are fun, but do you think Baylor is better than Alabama, Florida State, Stanford, Ohio State or Oregon?

I'd say they go 1-4 if they played those teams at best.
    I think they'd HAMMER Ohio St, could beat Oregon, would beat Stanford...I would rank them #3

Quote Originally Posted by BJ Walters View Post
    I think they'd HAMMER Ohio St, could beat Oregon, would beat Stanford...I would rank them #3
    I would flip could be Stanford and would be Ore...Stanford is physical people forget that..would be a great game
    Sideline To Sideline Show Each Week at https://lonestargridiron.com/categor...-to-sideline//

All-District

All 5 of those teams would be favored over Baylor. They may upset one.

Junior Varsity

Quote Originally Posted by BJ Walters View Post
    I'm a Baylor fan, but I know we are not gonna get a shot at Pasadena even if we run the table.

The reason is ESPN...they own the rights to the BCS games and they are gonna get what they want and think will get them the highest ratings. Their bias was obvious during coverage of Oregon and Stanford. They refuse to include BU when talking about possible scenarios.

Pretty sad how biased the once proud network has become

I'm out
    I really agree. If another Big 12 team like Texas or OU was doing what Baylor is, they would be in like sin. But their name is Baylor and according to the biased media Baylor can't possibly compete against the likes of Alabama & FSU. They will get a good bowl game but no title appearance sadly.

All-American

Fact is if Baylor uniform didn't say Baylor they would get more love from voters, and there wouldn't be this talk about how they haven't played anyone.

Playoffs anyone? It's time, in my opinion. BCS is based on polls and computers. One thing they can't do is measure heart. Neither can they measure matchups without "assumation".
    "Kaizen"

".......offense wins games, but DEFENSE wins championships!"

P.R.I.D.E.

Gilmer Buckeyes -State Champions:

2004 3A - Division II
    2009 3A - Division I
    2014 4A - Division II
    2023 4A - Division II

All-District

As long as Bama, FSU, OSU, and Stanford dont lose, Baylor wont (and shouldnt) creep past 4 or 5, 5 being more likely. Oklahoma is just not that good, it showed against Texas. Baylor is a great football team and I would love to see them compete for a NC, but I just dont think they will get a shot. Its not their fault, they are taking care of business every week. But so is Alabama, FSU, and OSU. Its unfortunate that Stanford was still ranked so high after losing to Utah. But even if Stanford was out of the picture, they still have Bama, FSU, and OSU to pass up. I also dont see Oregon dropping that far, right?

Blog Entries

If Baylor wins out they have a legit shot. But I think OK State beats them.
    #37 Ranked Downlow Poster- Coach

ESPN hates Baptist!
    Carthage Bulldogs

2008, 2009, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2020, 2022

9 X State Football Champs

All-District

Quote Originally Posted by coach View Post
    If Baylor wins out they have a legit shot. But I think OK State beats them.
    How would they surpass Alabama, FSU, and OSU if none of them lose? I could see them passing Stanford MAYBE since they have the one loss? I dont know, the BCS is impossible to figure out! I just dont think they will get there, unfortunatly

Junior Varsity

Their bias was obvious during coverage of Oregon and Stanford. They refuse to include BU when talking about possible scenarios.
    ESPN's goal is to make money. Last night, Oregon and Stanford played on ESPN while Baylor played on ESPN's competitor's channel. It makes sense that ESPN would push the Stanford/Oregon game over the Big 12 game.