Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Junior Varsity

Texas didn't want to play and still doesn't because A&M made a decision to leave the state of Texas for a conference. Plain and simple. I don't know why this article even came up, maybe because a new AD was named for Texas, but the fact remains the same that Texas OOC schedule is booked with teams like USC, Ohio State, Notre Dame till 2020.
    Correct. College Station has relocated to western Louisiana.

The only school to benefit from a game is Texas, as of today. Of course, that could change, but that is fact.

There is no beneficial reason for A&M to play Texas.

Junior Varsity

A&M doesn't want to schedule it 3 years out because everyone there knows the chances of them being this good again are slim. If they could turn back time and play last year and this year they would in a heart beat.
    Correct. Recruiting national 4* and 5* players is not conducive to being good.

Once JM leaves College Station on Saturday, the Texas Aggies will no longer be competitive.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by New Taiton View Post
    Correct. College Station has relocated to western Louisiana.

The only school to benefit from a game is Texas, as of today. Of course, that could change, but that is fact.

There is no beneficial reason for A&M to play Texas.
    And vice versa

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by New Taiton View Post
    Correct. Recruiting national 4* and 5* players is not conducive to being good.

Once JM leaves College Station on Saturday, the Texas Aggies will no longer be competitive.
    Manziel and Evans are 65-80% of your offense

Quote Originally Posted by Emerson1 View Post
    Both schools benefit from the next match up being in a BCS or normal bowl game. When that happens more than likely both teams are on equal footing. Texas will be back to normal and A&M will have come down from JFF. A&M doesn't want to schedule it 3 years out because everyone there knows the chances of them being this good again are slim. If they could turn back time and play last year and this year they would in a heart beat.
    I think this is a perfect illustration of why UT is disliked by many and the word arrogance is used. There is the assumption and it's a forgone conclusion that UT will be superior and this is just a blip on the screen because of JFF. When you look at the bigger picture, especially since scholarship restrictions, the a&m and UT series has been really close to. 500.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
    I think this is a perfect illustration of why UT is disliked by many and the word arrogance is used. There is the assumption and it's a forgone conclusion that UT will be superior and this is just a blip on the screen because of JFF. When you look at the bigger picture, especially since scholarship restrictions, the a&m and UT series has been really close to. 500.
    Arrogance is the aggies winning the cotton bowl and finishing 3rd in their own division and claiming to be the best team ever. Hell they are on track to finish 4th in their division this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Tiger View Post
    Texas plays 2 teams currently ranked higher than A&M on their remaining schedule. Total of 3 teams ranked higher. Dumb point.
    And if they were to beat another higher ranked team, it would increase their bcs ranking even more!
    Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a sledgehammer!

Texas v. A&M in the NC would probably be the highest rated game of all time (aren't all of A&M's these days?). So I say both teams just wait.

I am sometimes mistaken, but I am never wrong.

People who buys Macs are stupid.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by defense51 View Post
    And if they were to beat another higher ranked team, it would increase their bcs ranking even more!
    Texas moves up pretty quick in polls once they start beating ranked teams.

Texas moves up pretty quick in polls once they start beating ranked teams.
    My point exactly!
    Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a sledgehammer!

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Emerson1 View Post
    Texas v. A&M in the NC would probably be the highest rated game of all time (aren't all of A&M's these days?). So I say both teams just wait.
    Recent history would tend to disprove this. Texans and also Southerners in general tend to overestimate how much interest the rest of the country has in them at this point.

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...1#.Unu3tBYcx1s

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Aesculus gilmus View Post
    Recent history would tend to disprove this. Texans and also Southerners in general tend to overestimate how much interest the rest of the country has in them at this point.

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...1#.Unu3tBYcx1s
    How about the ratings on the game of the century rematch in the MNC between LSU/Bama.....was a dud in the ratings. I think I saw where it was the lowest rated BCS MNC game ever.

Texas didn't want to play and still doesn't because A&M made a decision to leave the state of Texas for a conference. Plain and simple. I don't know why this article even came up, maybe because a new AD was named for Texas, but the fact remains the same that Texas OOC schedule is booked with teams like USC, Ohio State, Notre Dame till 2020.
    Texas A&M's conference schedule is booked with teams like Alabama, LSU, Georgia, South Carolina, Florida and Auburn till 2020

"If I have one, I'll have 13"---Blake Shelton

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Bull Butter View Post
    Texas A&M's conference schedule is booked with teams like Alabama, LSU, Georgia, South Carolina, Florida and Auburn till 2020
    Is it? Because that conference can have teams not play for a few years. SEC people do a masterful job of creating schedules based on future projections of teams depth and setting them up for the path.

2014 A&M schedule is lame....

only 3 good games

Auburn
    LSU
    South Carolina, who knows how good they will even be.
    Missouri

Texas in 2014 has

UCLA
    BYU - Who is quietly sitting at 6-2
    Oklahoma
    Baylor - who will be loaded again
    Oklahoma State
    Tech - who returns a lot

Hell North Texas could win their conference, Kansas State will be back
    Last edited by Old Tiger; 11-07-2013 at 11:11 AM.

All-District

Keep scheduling FCS bro!

Louisiana Monroe
    Lamar
    UTSA

Using something that isn't set in stone to back out too

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...ture-schedules
    Jesus, and USC blows bigtime. They haven't won anything since that year that apparently no one won the BCS according to the NCAA.