Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Here is my opinion on all of this. Who gives a **** if anyone gains anything? Its a damn rivalry game. One of the best I might add. Texas got mad and didnt ant to play A&M bc they left the conference. And now that ATM has a few wins under thei belt they think they are big and bad ans say they dont need to play them. Thats a bunch of hogwash. The state of Texas needs this game and for anyone to say neither team need sit or wahtever excuse they say is hogwash. For Deloss to act like he did is embarrassing and now that they get that washed up dusty old fart out of there and to get someone with common sense to run things, Atm's head hanchos want to act like little brats and doesnt want to play them. So stupid. Now we get to enjoy Texas vs the Horney toads or vs the Raider Rash. Yay
    #37 Ranked Downlow Poster- Coach

Quote Originally Posted by Emerson1 View Post
    Both schools benefit from the next match up being in a BCS or normal bowl game. When that happens more than likely both teams are on equal footing. Texas will be back to normal and A&M will have come down from JFF. A&M doesn't want to schedule it 3 years out because everyone there knows the chances of them being this good again are slim. If they could turn back time and play last year and this year they would in a heart beat.
    I think this is a perfect illustration of why UT is disliked by many and the word arrogance is used. There is the assumption and it's a forgone conclusion that UT will be superior and this is just a blip on the screen because of JFF. When you look at the bigger picture, especially since scholarship restrictions, the a&m and UT series has been really close to. 500.

All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
    I think this is a perfect illustration of why UT is disliked by many and the word arrogance is used. There is the assumption and it's a forgone conclusion that UT will be superior and this is just a blip on the screen because of JFF. When you look at the bigger picture, especially since scholarship restrictions, the a&m and UT series has been really close to. 500.
    Arrogance is the aggies winning the cotton bowl and finishing 3rd in their own division and claiming to be the best team ever. Hell they are on track to finish 4th in their division this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
    In fact, I went back and looked at some win totals since 1973 when the scholarships restrictions kicked in

Up to the brown era in Austin, ut had won 197 games and A&M had won 203. So basically from 73-98, A&M won more games by a pretty good margin.
    Judge a man by his questions rather than by his answers.

-Voltaire

All-District

Quote Originally Posted by coach View Post
    So next year you say who knows how good south carolina will be but BYU will be awesome? lol
    And UCLA who loses Hundley and has beat a bunch of bad teams.

Junior Varsity

I think one of the best arguments for why UT and A&M should play each year is this thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Weebe View Post
    And UCLA who loses Hundley and has beat a bunch of bad teams.

not sure he leaves 100%
    Sideline To Sideline Show Each Week at https://lonestargridiron.com/categor...-to-sideline//